• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the Best and Worst Version of Ash's Pikachu?

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Pikachu AG/Hoenn-Battle Frontier (Pre Regice battle)

This is the only time where I actually somewhat cared about the overrated yellow mouse.It went through the best development,this is the series where Ash finally started training his pokemon and Pikachu was one of them.Back in OS Pikachu wasn't really one of Ash's biggest powerhouses like Charizard and Snorlax I'd even put it behind Bulbasaur and Squirtle.In Hoenn Pikachu goes through proper progression no crazy resets or anything like that.This was when it learned it's iconic Iron Tail,sometimes the move would fail and Ash was shown training it to use the move more effectively.

Pikachu had some good showings and bad showings at the Hoenn League but overall it improved compared to it's performances at the previous leagues.The Battle Frontier was when Pikachu could actually be considered a powerhouse,it leveled up and learned another iconic move in Volt Tackle while dealing with Team Rocket.It had great showings against Frontier Brains Lucy and Anabel.I don't count the Brandon battle because I personally think it had no business winning against Regice,the writers used Charizard as a sacrificial lamb to give Haxachu shine.