• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the Best and Worst Version of Ash's Pikachu?

Epicocity

Idk, I don't see any major difference between this and this except for Ash's design

cfd4cced0991d61a3453fa33ed433e49.jpg

ash-pikachu-pokemon-sun-and-moon-screenshot-800x334.jpg
How do you not see it? The placement of Pikachu's eyes are extremely different compared to past series on a very consistent basis, especially where his whites sit. And it stands out because they reverted Pikachu's design back in the current series.

EgSQz9KXgAAq7rE.jpg:large

(for reference, the farthest left is DP Pikachu, the next is XY Pikachu, then we have SM Pikachu, and then current PM/JN Pikachu). The difference is staggering.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
How do you not see it? The placement of Pikachu's eyes are extremely different compared to past series on a very consistent basis, especially where his whites sit. And it stands out because they reverted Pikachu's design back in the current series.

(for reference, the farthest left is DP Pikachu, the next is XY Pikachu, then we have SM Pikachu, and then current PM/JN Pikachu). The difference is staggering.
Oh wow, lined up like that SM pikachu does look weird and oddly slim.

Pokemonfan5

Best version of Pikachu: SM
SM Pikachu is factually the best version of Pikachu, shown lots of personality and the strongest right now, rarely lose battle even though he face more powerful opponents, first time had his own story arc and a rival Tapu Koko who is champion ace tier, Pikachu in SM is the most important Pokemon like Infernape was in DP and first time truely treated like Ash's ace.

Worst version of Pikachu: DP
DP Pikachu is stronger than BW and OS version but his existence had almost zero importance in entire DP series, if Ash ditch Pikachu at Oak lab and only come with Aipom than nothing important would've changed, Pikachu didn't won a single important battle for Ash in the end in entire DP series and lost to so many weak Pokemons, only memorable thing he done was tie with Latios.

JN Pikachu is obviously the strongest, about the personality I agree with Leonhart, and the SM design seems very ugly.

Pokemonfan5

JN Pikachu is obviously the strongest, about the personality I agree with Leonhart, and the SM design seems very ugly.
SM Pikachu look weird only in some occasions and those are barely noticeable as most fans including me didn't notice until someone point out, most of the time like 90% he look super cute like before.

JN pikachu is now nerfed/reset, shown weaker than Baby Riolu than Lucario and Cinderace who barely had experience, he is more or less BW level, he will become more powerful than SM Pikachu after beating Leon's Charizard.

SM Pikachu look weird only in some occasions, but most of the time like 90% he look super cute
That depends on each one, you can find something cute and I ugly, so ignore my comment
JN pikachu is now nerfed/reset, shown weaker than Baby Riolu than Lucario and Cinderace who barely had experience, he is more or less BW level, he will become more powerful than SM Pikachu after beating Leon's Charizard.
I do not agree with that, JN Pikachu is SM Pikachu, Pikachu improves over time

Pokemonfan5

I do not agree with that, JN Pikachu is SM Pikachu, Pikachu improves over time
Pikachu obviously going to improve in last season most likely when Ash reach master 8 as he always do except BW, but right now he is far weaker so Ash won't OHKO his opponents, Pikachu always at the start of series either reset or nerfed, like how he lose to Elekid (tie but pikachu fall first) Panpour and Surskit at the start of the series and how he have hard time in SM against weak opponents.

Pikachu obviously going to improve in last season most likely when Ash reach master 8 as he always do except BW, but right now he is far weaker so Ash won't OHKO his opponents, Pikachu always at the start of series either reset or nerfed, like how he lose to Elekid (tie but pikachu fall first) Panpour and Surskit at the start of the series and how he have hard time in SM against weak opponents.
It's no use, you're not going to make me change my mind, I just think that Pikachu has good days and bad days, JN Pikachu is the strongest and it is better that you stop responding

I think that if the current Pikachu fights Tapu Kokoo again, he would win again.

Pokemonfan5

It's no use, you're not going to make me change my mind, I just think that Pikachu has good days and bad days, JN Pikachu is the strongest and it is better that you stop responding
He was shown weaker than BABY Pokemon a BABY who hatch recently.

It happen to pikachu in every series not just JN and just like every other series Pikachu in JN is going to be more powerful than he was before, he is going to beat world champion ace after all.

He was shown weaker than BABY Pokemon a BABY who hatch recently.
That never happened, maybe it happened in your dreams

No friend, Pikachu is not an object, this is not a reboot, that one day you lose a battle does not mean that you are weaker, JN Pikachu is the strongest for me and I hope this discussion ends

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Best Personality-wise: OS, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Alola.
Worst Personality-wise: Err... I guess Unova and Kalos? Not really, Pikachu was more or less fine there.

Best Power-wise: Hoenn, Sinnoh, Alola (especially this for not making Pikachu a big jobber)
Worst Power-wise: Unova (This series alone hurt Pikachu's entire rep forever)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

tbh when watching SM I always felt there was something wrong in Pikachu's design but couldn't point out exactly what. Tbh most gen 1 mons had kinda weird designs in SM. I think the difference is most noticeable when comparing the 10MV scenes in JN and SM