• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Is The Best Main Series Pokemon Game?

What Is The Best Main Series Pokemon Game?

• Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Pokemon Black and White

• Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Pokemon X and Y

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon Sun and Moon

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • The Remakes (Please specify in the thread)

• Total voters

Argentarus

A poll to see which pair of games is the most popular.

Last edited:

BCVM22

None of them are "objectively the best."

If your intent is to otherwise see which game(s) this small sample size of commenters prefers, there's probably a poll or five for that.

Argentarus

Sorry, I meant subjectively. Could barely tell right from left yesterday.

Last edited:

Steven of Venus

From Another Planet
Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, Generation 3.

They're the trickiest, filled with the most puzzles, interesting depth, and extremities.

Then Steven meditating under Meteor Falls has to awaken and revamp you to challenge up above the maximum, to see the other side of the canyon, just as the abyss stares into Red, into Ash at Mt. Silver.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
While I can't say which is my favorite, I can figure which I would exclude; Gen I(glitches, various issues with mechanics) and Sinnoh(suffers from serious lag and slowness)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Since this is a poll, I moved this thread from GPD to PokePolls :)

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Wow... Where to begin. :eek:

If I were to go by original games (i.e. those which aren't remakes or third versions), I'd probably go with Gold/Silver, Black/White and Sun/Moon. Black was my first game coming back into Pokémon after almost a decade-long hiatus, and it reintroduced me to the games I'd loved playing so much as a child. Sun continued the 3D experiences I'd had with X and updated it with an all-new game mechanic and great characters.

If I'm to go by remakes and third versions, I'd probably say Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black 2/White 2 and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. HG/SS and OR/AS brought back nostalgic memories of my favourite Pokémon games ever, while B2/W2 added on to B/W's story and characters with new Gyms, new Gym Leaders and a new Champion. I never played any of the Sinnoh games when they first came out, but I'd heard that Platinum built upon Diamond/Pearl and was better, so I got that in 2015 to experience Sinnoh for the first time.

(I can't say much about Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, because I don't have those yet.)

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
B2W2 for me since I liked how much they expanded Unova making it my favourite region. While the story was inferior to BW imo it was still great for a sequel and the post-game content that it offered kept me interested for a long time. Challenge mode was also a great addition as well something that they should have kept in the future games. Other games I would choose are Emerald, HG/SS and USUM.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
BW2. It was the first time that a region got sequels, and it was a great concept, as it was a fresh idea. The linking of events in BW and BW2 was so good. Not to mention, BW2 was features and postgame galore. Challenge mode was a neat idea, and PWT continues to remain my favorite postgame facility till date. Other great features were the White Treehollow, catching legendaries, etc. Other games that I love are Platinum, HG/SS and Emerald.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Platinum and HeatGold/SoulSilver were the peak of the Pokemon games for me, but GSC and XY are also very special to me
(I seem to have a soft spot for even numbered gens)

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
the peak for me was b/w. not for lack of trying- i've played roughly 500 hours on every generation (minus 1), but the most exciting/ fun / enjoyable to me was b/w.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
BW2. It was the first time that a region got sequels, and it was a great concept, as it was a fresh idea. The linking of events in BW and BW2 was so good. Not to mention, BW2 was features and postgame galore. Challenge mode was a neat idea, and PWT continues to remain my favorite postgame facility till date. Other great features were the White Treehollow, catching legendaries, etc. Other games that I love are Platinum, HG/SS and Emerald.

Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Alola got sequels (of sorts, though Alola's 'sequels' technically take place in an alternate universe), and you could access the PWT as soon as you got to Driftveil City. But yeah, I did like how B2/W2 kind of picked up where B/W left off, and added new locations, characters and postgame features.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Alola got sequels (of sorts, though Alola's 'sequels' technically take place in an alternate universe), and you could access the PWT as soon as you got to Driftveil City. But yeah, I did like how B2/W2 kind of picked up where B/W left off, and added new locations, characters and postgame features.

Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Alola got enhanced versions, not sequels. There's a clear difference between an enhanced edition and a sequel. Enhanced editions are like directors cuts, with the same story, just with extra features and subtle story changes. A sequel like BW2 wasn't simply that, but a whole new story that continued two years after the original events in Unova of BW.

Basically, enhanced versions like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and USUM make their previous versions obsolete, whereas BW2 doesn't make BW obsolete, since they are two separate stories that happen after the other.

Last edited: