1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best nature for Zeraora and Ho-Oh?

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Darthy09, Dec 7, 2018 at 4:11 AM.

1. Darthy09

Darthy09 New Member

Zeraora relies on speed right? What is the best speed nature that it could have? Jolly or Hasty or something else?

What about Ho-Oh? I got these 2 Pokémon with Mystery Gift using codes I got from EB Games. I want them to have the best suited natures that would help for competitive battling. Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 4:17 AM
  2. TheTrueRman

TheTrueRman Amateur Breeder and Legend Collector

Check out Serebii's section on natures. https://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml. It may be 3rd generation based but it'll tell you the natures boosts and lowers. Im an amateur when it comes to natures but heres my suggestions

Zeraora
    Speed focus
    Jolly +Spd -SpAtk For Physical Attack build
    Timid +Spd -Atk For Special Attack build

or Sacrifice its Speed to boost power
    Brave +Atk -Spd
    Quiet +SpAtk -Spd

Ho-oh has better Atk than SpAtk
    Adamant +Atk -SpAtk
    Jolly +Spd -SpAtk

3. Darthy09

Darthy09 New Member

I chose Jolly for Zeraora. It knows Thunder which is its only SpAtk move. Is this ok despite it being Jolly? Its other 3 moves are Plasma Fists, Thunder Punch and Close Combat which are all physical. I want it to be more of a physical attacker but is it still ok if it knows Thunder also? Thanks. :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018 at 12:00 PM
  4. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Happy Minun

Jolly is probably best for Zeraora, it is better on the physical side than the special side. It has better attack than special attack and it has better physical moves in general. I wouldn't say Thunder is worthwhile unless you also have Kyogre on your team. It's too inaccurate to be viable. Much better to run something like Fake Out for utility.