1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best Pokemon adventure manga for new readers?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by Redhood34, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redhood34

Redhood34 Active Member

I want to start reading the pokemon adventure manga but am not sure where to start. Do i need to start on the red and blue chapter or could i just start on any chapter like emerald or diamond and pearl?

2. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

There is only one Pokemon Adventures manga.

And yes, start on Red, Green, and Blue. As this series thrives on continuity and you'd be lost otherwise.

3. Redhood34

Redhood34 Active Member

Ok thanks I'm going to buy the red and blue box set I saw on amazon and start there. Thanks for the reply :)

4. Icarus©

Icarus© Full on PASBLer

The first volume is the way to start;
    But if you wanted to, you could technically start on any chapter other then remakes (eg: FRLG chapter)
    While there is some continuity, each section is a bit isolated; you won't miss much by reading Ruby and Sapphire first

5. Cyclone

Cyclone < where it all began

Exactly, no doubt!

6. Redhood34

Redhood34 Active Member

Does that mean characters reoccur? Like red would be in sinnoh?

7. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Not Sinnoh, but yes.

8. Redhood34

Redhood34 Active Member

That sounds really cool.

9. Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower Trying out new games

You can check the main site for the summaries and info about the characters.

10. Redhood34

Redhood34 Active Member

Ok thanks.

11. PokemonTrainerKaden

PokemonTrainerKaden Well-Known Member

Yeah, start with the originals with Red.

12. noahc3

noahc3 New Member

I'd suggest starting with the Red/Blue/Green chapters, however you wouldn't miss much if you were to start with Ruby/Sapphire or any of the newer chapters. (eg. D/P/Pt or Black/White, NOT HG/SS) I started with GSC. (and I am STILL not finished R/B/G/Y)

13. Estellise

Estellise freeze!

I'd start on the RBG chapters, since they're the first and whatnot. However, if you choose not to start at the beginning, go with some of the more recent chapters... But NOT the HGSS chapters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.