• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the best pokemon starter in pokemon platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juandaniel

What is the best starter pokemon in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum? Chimchar which is a strong fire pokemon, Piplup which is a water penguin or Turtwig which is a very good grass pokemon. Which will you choose?

Shiny Bashamo

Isn't it cute ^^
What is the best starter pokemon in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum? Chimchar which is a strong fire pokemon, Piplup which is a water penguin or Turtwig which is a very good grass pokemon. Which will you choose?

There is a question thread, please ask there the next time.

Which starter to choose depends on you. If you want a easy time in the first gyms, you choose grass (turtwig) If you want a mediumhard playthrough pick piplup. and if you want to play the "hard" mode, pick Chimchar.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
How is Chimchar hard. It has type advantage over gym 2 and 3.
They are fairly even. Seeing as you want something that hits hard and fast with little to no setup when playing in game I would go with infernape.
That said. Empoleon FTW!!!

CaptainAwesome

RAWR COOKIES!!!!!!!!
empoleon if you want a pokemon that is easy to beat the game with
infernape is hard to start with but when trained to over lvl 60 and with good moves it pays of choosing it.
torterra if you want to beat the game fairly easyly but keep in mind fighting moves kill on it and most pokemon in the wild are grass aswell so hard to capture pokemon and to defeat them.

i myself have no probs cus i have all three in lvl 100 with the best moves and stats possible.

Empoleon Bonaparte

empoleon if you want a pokemon that is easy to beat the game with
infernape is hard to start with but when trained to over lvl 60 and with good moves it pays of choosing it.
torterra if you want to beat the game fairly easyly but keep in mind fighting moves kill on it and most pokemon in the wild are grass aswell so hard to capture pokemon and to defeat them.

i myself have no probs cus i have all three in lvl 100 with the best moves and stats possible.

'Remember when GPD was good?
GPD was never good.'

Use the Poképolls forum next time.

Also, there is no 'better' starter. It all depends on the person who is using it and their knowledge and experience.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I'd say Chimchar and Turtwig, because they are turning into a Fighting and Ground types later. Slight preference to Chimchar because a fire types in DPPT are kinda rare.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
For a playthrough, as mentioned, all the starters are quite equal. However, if you're talking about the best of the three, Infernape owns both Empoleon and Torterra with its STAB attacks 1-on-1. That said, Empoleon FTW!!

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Piplup is extremely hard to start of with. It does not get any good moves till Prinplup. However, an Empoleon is great late on.

Turtwig is good as a Torterra it gets Earthquake. Best Grass starter imo.

Chimchar is best to start out with in Diamond and Pearl as there are no Fire types cept for Magby and Ponyta/Rapidash pre-Sinnoh league. There;s no such problem in Platinum though.

In the end, the choice is yours basically...

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Unless you're asking competitively, you'll just get the same answer.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Chimchar's probably the best, not only because he's one of the few fire types, but because Fighting is super effective against 5 different types. He's gonna be great against most of the gyms too.

jshizzlex6661

Sick Of Natures
It doesn't really matter, you can get great Pokemon of each of the three types in the game anyway.

If you pick Chimchar, you can train a Gyarados and a Roserade.

If you pick Turtwig, you can train a Gyarados and a Houndoom, but if you want a little more power and aren't bothered about speed you can train a Magmortar.

If you pick a Piplup, you can train a Roserade and a Magmortar/Houndoom.

I chose Chimchar in first two games and then Piplup in third only to reset the game to again choose Chimchar.

Well if you generally use sweepers then Chimchar all the way.
If you like walling Pokemon or tanks then Piplup.
But if you like Grass type and don't want to do competitive battling then go for Turtwig.

Status
Not open for further replies.