• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the best thing about Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I wanted to do something special for my 2000th post, so here it goes.

I think everyone on the forum can agree that they loved the Pokemon Anime at some point. Maybe you watched since the beginning. Maybe you just started watching. Maybe you've stuck with it through all these years.

But my question is what is the best thing about Pokemon? Why did you keep tuning into it every weekend? Heck, why are you on this forum discussing it?

For me, Pokemon had such a magical feel to it. It was about a couple of kids, a lot like me, traveling in the surreal world of Pokemon, having great adventures, making friends, helping others, and having a few laughs and some fun along the way on their quest to accomplish their goals. So I would have to say that I watched for all of those years (primarily the Original Series) because of that magical vibe the show gave off-- it left me happy and gave me a sense of fulfillment, and as I watch the old episodes to this day it still gives me the same feeling.

SimH8

Partly because it's something I'd like to live in everyday life. It's the only game I play where I try to imagine myself as the character. I would love to start off with a timid and small pokemon and use it to obtain a collection of monsters ready to fight by my side and who are also my best friends. It's just the concept that is perfect.

ForgottenPearl

For me, Pokemon had such a magical feel to it. It was about a couple of kids, a lot like me, traveling in the surreal world of Pokemon, having great adventures, making friends, helping others, and having a few laughs and some fun along the way on their quest to accomplish their goals. So I would have to say that I watched for all of those years (primarily the Original Series) because of that magical vibe the show gave off-- it left me happy and gave me a sense of fulfillment, and as I watch the old episodes to this day it still gives me the same feeling.

Wow, you hit it on the head for me. I agree completely! I'd say that's a pretty darn good 2000th post.

I posted some of the following in some other topic a while back, and I think it applies here:

The Pokemon world is so amazing. Humans and "animals" working together, befriending each other... Travelling to distant lands... And I just like how optimistic the show is. Friendship is treasured, people are determined to pursue their dreams. I've been going through lots of terrible things in my life lately, but this show reminds me of the good things: the power of friendship, the power of never giving up. Yeah, it's nothing too profound, but the show has so much charm now that I can't help but enjoy it. And this is coming from a young adult!

Not to mention I love the show's sense of humor. Whenever Bianca comes charging in, I, personally, know I'm in store for lots of laughs. And I like Ash's cocky Oshawott. And I've started using "You're such a kid" in real life. :) The show can also make me tear up at times, and that just shows how much I love the characters.

Finally, I think the nostalgia factor plays a role: I was there on day one, when the anime was first shown in America.

The anime has always been my favorite part of Pokemon. It has always brought the Pokemon world to life in a way that pixels on a game screen can't.

But anyway, if I had to sum it up in just a few words, I'd say it's the magical world of excitement, friendship, and discovery.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Wow, you hit it on the head for me. I agree completely! I'd say that's a pretty darn good 2000th post.

I posted some of the following in some other topic a while back, and I think it applies here:

The Pokemon world is so amazing. Humans and "animals" working together, befriending each other... Travelling to distant lands... And I just like how optimistic the show is. Friendship is treasured, people are determined to pursue their dreams. I've been going through lots of terrible things in my life lately, but this show reminds me of the good things: the power of friendship, the power of never giving up. Yeah, it's nothing too profound, but the show has so much charm now that I can't help but enjoy it. And this is coming from a young adult!

Not to mention I love the show's sense of humor. Whenever Bianca comes charging in, I, personally, know I'm in store for lots of laughs. And I like Ash's cocky Oshawott. And I've started using "You're such a kid" in real life. :) The show can also make me tear up at times, and that just shows how much I love the characters.

Finally, I think the nostalgia factor plays a role: I was there on day one, when the anime was first shown in America.

The anime has always been my favorite part of Pokemon. It has always brought the Pokemon world to life in a way that pixels on a game screen can't.

But anyway, if I had to sum it up in just a few words, I'd say it's the magical world of excitement, friendship, and discovery.

That is a beautiful excerpt you crafted there. Pokemon is such an underestimated show because people attempt to judge it by simply what they see and not how they feel.

I felt that vibe with all of the old episodes, but it declined in AG and completely vanished in DP and BW for me. But if you still get that joyous feeling from the show, then good for you. It's great to just have a show to grow up with-- it is always there as a balance to your life-- something you can count on.

That is a beautiful excerpt you crafted there. Pokemon is such an underestimated show because people attempt to judge it by simply what they see and not how they feel.

I felt that vibe with all of the old episodes, but it declined in AG and completely vanished in DP and BW for me. But if you still get that joyous feeling from the show, then good for you. It's great to just have a show to grow up with-- it is always there as a balance to your life-- something you can count on.

A lot of people love the OS. The reason the newer seasons are hated on particularly places like YouTube are because they haven't even seen the show or nostalgia blinds them. Pokemon was great from the start and still is.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Pokemon was my first fandom, and it helped me throughout my childhood. It's been a part of my everyday life until now.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
How easy it is to follow.

This show's on its way to having 1,000 episodes, but you can start at just about any episode and not be completely confused by what's going on.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
An00bis; said:
This show's on its way to having 1,000 episodes

2017 is the magic year that this incredible feat will be reached and it will also mark the 20th anniversary of the anime.

Anyways, yeah I love the show for it's magical wonder and its blissfull innocence. Being a part of such a long running journey and keeping up with its developments is almost like living a parallel life.

shelldude400

I watch it because it has POKEMON IN IT :D
I just love the concept, travelling with little monster companions who grow stronger and just own every other monster in existence >:D
AND THEY LIKE IT TOO :D

vespiqueen

The characters and the Pokemon. Most people have a few favorites that they want to see succeed throughout the show.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
The best thing?

New characters and new Pokemon has always done it for me. Ash is fine because Pikachu is basically the one making money.

Last edited:

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
It's unbelievable, the world itself is soo beautiful and it's filled with all types of pokemon from the big and strong and the small and weak, but no matter how strong or weak a pokemon is they have a heart of gold, and when ever you're in trouble they will be there to help you, and the most special thing about pokemon isn't even the characters, but instead it's the world itself that really captivates me and when ever i watch the anime the little things hits me the most such as the 9th pokemon movie when ranger jackie was just a young boy all the dragon and normal type pokemon even though ice isn't to good with them especially the dragon types, they covered him for warmth and moments like that really get's me, i believe pokemon was made to show us what the world could be liek if everyone just stopped thinking about themselves, granted there are many jerks in the pokemon world it's the pokemon that really send the message, the show is just unbelievable it make's me feel like a 10 year old again and you just get that magical feeling that you cant find nowhere else, i cry i laugh i cringe i smile, and though people may say pokemon is childish it's the only show to get me draw out those emotions.

And what get's me the most is ash and pikachu, he see's pikachu for more then just a pokemon, he seems him as an equal, many people don't do that in real life, and if more people saw how ash relates to pikachu the better this world would be.

I just love everything about the show, pokemon to me is flawless :)

Pokemon18

I don't really think I could say anything that hasn't already been said! I've been watching the show since I was little, so it has a nostalgic feel to it. I also love pretending to be in the show, because it just seems like a perfect world, where anything is possible if you try! The show is also one of the few that can draw out so many different emotions from viewers. I think a lot of the people who don't like the show just have the idea in their mind that it's a show for children, so they don't like it. If they weren't influenced by other people, I'm pretty sure just about everyone would love the show!

G50

No longer posting
The best thing about the Pokemon Anime are battling in general. It's a thrill to see Pokemon Battling whether it's a COTD battle, Gym battle, or tournament battle.

Pokemon like Sawk, that look almost identical to real life animals/people and acting that way.

So many great things...

I grew up with it. To see Ash going to different places with his friends and Pikachu. Meeting new people and Pokemon. Catching new Pokemon. Seeing Pokemon evolve. And even seeing Pokemon being released. I may be 16, but Pokemon will not die so easily to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.