• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the biggest flaw of Pokemon anime ?

Biggest flaw in pokemon anime ?

• Ash never winning a major league

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • No (or very minimum) reference to past characters/pokemon

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • Unnecessary fillers with COTD

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Characters not aging

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Creating too much false hype through episode titles and marketing

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Randomly dropped plots (like GS Ball)

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Any other (please specify)

Votes: 14 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
Most people would agree that the anime is full of flaws but which is the biggest out of the bunch in your opinion ?

For me it's main characters (and not just Ash) never winning anything major to significantly progress towards their goal. I just don't know what's stopping the writers from doing so.

Red Pheonix

Status quo. Enough said.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Team rocket appearing in almost every episode.
Too many fillers especially the boring overused ones.
Companions need more screentime and better development, minus Dawn since she had the best development and the most screentime other than Ash and Team rocket.
Ash's character needs more emotion and development instead of being all forced and robotic.

FrozenCap

Neglecting older members, Misty hasn't been shown in around 11 years, May hasn't been shown in 8 years, Gary in 7 years and so on.
Like what most other people said, bad character development.
They aren't giving much attention to the fan base, atleast that is what i feel, correct me if i am wrong.
Other than this the show is really good.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Lack of references.
Excess of fillers(Not as bad as OS tho)
The character of Alain as a whole
The Kalos League.
Serena's Goal "Development"
Mega Charizard X excessive glorification
Ash's lack of emotion at his loss
Goodra returning
The Battle record of Noivern as whole
Alain getting magically a team that can beat Ash's with just 3 weeks of training(Or less/more I dunno)
That's all

Janovy

Banned
Status quo. Enough said.
This.

While XY may have seemed progressive to others, the latest episode just showed that the anime has always remained the same at the core and it will likely remain that way till the end. It sucks that the writers aren't willing to take more risks and go outside their comfort zone. Oh well.

Navin

MALDREAD
Before BW: It was taking way too long (in terms of number of episodes) to progress Ash, such that repetitive episodes, fillers, TR bogged down the series when it was doing good.
During BW: 'Resetting' Ash
During XY: Utter lack of significant continuity

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Filler. Especially when its bad and dull.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Ash himself cuz he's stuck in an endless loop it seems like. He needs a big change cuz right now he's wasted potential. ^^;

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Lack of risk taking by the writers to make this show even greater.
Ash being a brick.
Ash being a brick.
Ash being a brick.
Pikachu gets nerfed by a Snivy because plot armour.
Ash needs to grow up (it'd be nice to see him as a 15-16 year old).
MCX overpowered af.
Broken Greninja literally gets broken after a battle.

Too many to count, to be fair.

Orphalesion

Have only like watched 2 episodes of the current anime, out of curiosity and haven't watched regularly since Jotho.

Biggest Flaw(s)?

1. Ash not even as a little kid I could relate to somebody as stupid and annoying as him.

2. Status Quo. It's not funny anymore. It has not been funny for a long time.

3. The pretense the writers/show runners have that they have any sort of meaningful story to tell when the show is really nothing more but a commercial for the games.

Lionel_B

Houla, there are many ... Those who come to mind at once:

-GS Ball
-Casey that is not going in Johto league
-Ash Refusing the post of Frontier Brain
-The Potention ruined of Best Wishes (between Team Rocket VS Team Plasma, the character like Iris and Trip that could have been better, Oshawott that does not evolve...)
-The Ash's Kalos Team (which is excellent in appearance, but Greninja is so emphasized that the others are ridiculed :( )

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Everything except the 3rd option. I think the biggest flaw in the Pokémon anime is when the writers build up so much potential/hype for a character with consistent development or a story and then decide to drop it either to not knowing what to do with said character, not wanting to change/break the status quo thus screwing up their own good writing, or making stupid decisions. It's like they can't handle more than 3 characters. One character always has to suffer and blend in to the background in order to said character who isn't Ash to shine. It'll also be nice if they let Ash have some type of emotions like feeling sad, outraged, or being silly once in a while. I still think BW Ash had a lot of personality and emotions shown onscreen in spite of how incompetent, brain dead, and childish he was.

fawfulmark2

Being locked in a stupid Lacuna Coil while the main game franchise is allowed actual growth.

A crime boss abandons his son to find purpose, making the child grow up in a rage and try and learn the truth of being a trainer.

'A sheltered boy, raised to be biased to humanity under the false illusion that they bring misery to Pokemon, grows to become a king of revolutionaries.

An ancient king, locked in the middle of a civil war, learns of his friend's death. And in his grief, builds a weapon to revive his friend...then take revenge by murdering those responsible, cursing them both to immortality in the process.

A young girl raised to be the heir of a sacred tribe that worships the Sky King Rayquaza must summon the Legendary to stop an Asteroid that will wipe out humanity, all while shouldering the burden of a lost child.

All these stories happened in the last 3 generations of games, and all these games still bear the E rating all over the globe, and somehow none of these tales will ever appear in the show(or if they do they are heavily saccharined like with N's arc.) I mean we are at the point where it is now an established multiverse with the franchise, which is pretty huge progression for the games...progression the anime can only imagine to have. It just hamstrings itself too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.