• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the greatest battle we've seen in the anime so far?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
IMO if we go by 1vs1 match I think AG vs MS and charizard vs blastoise was much better written and iconic thaninfernape vs electivire, but overall ash vs paul was best match of entire series.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Because a lot of the current fandom are probably comprised of (pre)adolescents who probably weren't watching Pokemon 8+ years ago, unlike Serebii that attracts many more college-aged adults and older who have been watching the anime for a long time = they can better compare Ash v Alain and Ash v Paul, etc.
Actually I made several tests that (indirectly) checked for relative community familiarity between AG, DP and XY with XY and DP being practically even (with AG only slightly behind). Basically do a poll where the question only concerns a singular saga and then make polls for other sagas that are perfectly analogous. After that check the response variance for those polls and then compare it to the response variance for polls in the community in general. Or more generally you can just measure aggregate response count for polls involving an element from a given saga versus aggregate poll response count in general in order to get an estimate of overall community familiarity with a given saga. Based on my tests I’d conclude that XY does not appear to be more well known than other sagas by any significant degree.

Also there are aspects where the Gary and Alain Battles would beat the Paul battle. For example the Gary battle pays homage to the OG game rivalry for which Paul and Alain don’t have an equivalent, and the Alain battle would be the best in terms of pure production values. Now should Ash vs Paul win if all major factors were given proper consideration? Probably though how much “weight” each factor should be assigned is where the subjectivity comes in. 1 interpretation of the result is that the broader fandom assign the most weight to the aspects where Ash vs Alain stand out.

Finally please don’t kid yourself. There’s no causal reason for why the proportion of the online adult fanbase should be massively higher over here than anywhere else (since there’s literally no barrier to entry in either place at least to anyone who has a smart phone).

EDIT: I checked and it seems that the place I’m using (amino apps) has an explicit policy banning anyone under 13 from using it meaning that if anything there would most likely be an over representation of the older fanbase over there xD.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
EDIT: I checked and it seems that the place I’m using (amino apps) has an explicit policy banning anyone under 13 from using it meaning that if anything there would most likely be an over representation of the older fanbase over there xD.

Guess what? People lie about their age. Dunno why you are bringing up this other forum to validate certain opinions. I'm sure that if whatever random forum got the same arguments Serebii has heard for years, it would probably also come to a closer stance to what people have here.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Guess what? People lie about their age. Dunno why you are bringing up this other forum to validate certain opinions. I'm sure that if whatever random forum got the same arguments Serebii has heard for years, it would probably also come to a closer stance to what people have here.
I know that’s why I said “if anything” a.k.a if there were any representation discrepancy then it would most likely be that the other community would have a greater representation of the adult fanbase. I actually disagree with several of the poll results in that community though that doesn’t change those results from being the consensus of a community much larger than here. See it’s always agitated me that you kept on acting like “everyone” is “with” you and “against” me, 345a-g or anyone else whose opinion you consider outlandish, and based on what I’ve seen in that other community I can now say with full confidence that you were unequivocally full of sh1t every time you said anything along those lines. Lol I dare you to try (just download the “amino” app on your smart phone and then join the “Pokémon” community (the 1 with over 940,000 members)). It’ll be a good lesson for you to understand that the broader online Pokémon Anime community couldn’t care less about your opinion :).

Last edited: