• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the hardest or most interesting Nuzlocke rule set you can imagine?

Hi guys,

Please let me know about what you would say the hardest or most interesting Nuzlocke Pokemon rule set would be. You can be as creative as possible

Mine would involve:

• Regular rules such as only being able to catch the first Pokemon you encounter in the area and that when a Pokemon dies you have to return it to the PC.

• Randomization of: Wild Pokemon, Trainers Pokemon, Items (including TM's), Abilities, a random held item for every Pokemon (Including trainers).

• I would also make levels 20% higher for trainers and restrict item usage to two times per regular trainer battle and once for gym battles. Outside of battle item usage is unlimited.

• Finally, I would add a roulette wheel with positive and negative outcomes possible. These could be spinned via viewer interaction and also after defeating a gym leader. Outcomes of the roulette wheel could be as follows:

Positive:

-In your next trainer battle item usage is unlimited.

-In the next area you can catch the first or the second encounter

-You can use 3 items in your next Gym battle

-If any of your Pokemon are dead you can revive one at random

Negative:

-You cannot catch any Pokemon in the next area

-Remove a Pokemon at random from your team and place it in the PC

-You cannot use items in your next trainer battle

-If any of your Pokemon have status conditions they cannot be used in battle unless they are healed.

Any other creative ideas are welcome :)

Have a great weekend!

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You can only use an extremely rare but non-super special Rattata.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
You can't use any kinds of healing items, not even Berries.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Each time you lose a Pokemon, you have to commit a war crime.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have seen a successful Nuzlocke challenge which involved absolutely no healing.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I'm struggling to see a realistic possibility of this one.

I've seen it. It's possible, but I don't know if the person was lucky, or if it was heavily tool assisted. But they were ridiculously high level.

Anyway, here's a good one.

- All standard Nuzlocke rules apply.

- Your starter has to go into the PC as soon as you catch a Pokémon.

- It has to be a Twitch Plays, and if you were the one who set it up, you're not allowed to post in the chat.

- And finally, only one chance ever. If you get a Game Over, you can never attempt this version of the challenge again.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I tried one in DPPt, where I wasn't allowed to click any super-effective moves or level my team over 2 levels above the next significant trainer. Wound up just burning through potions. Golbats got very annoying.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Nuzlocke, except the game is modified so every wild Pokemon is Shedinja

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
A way to make any Pokemon game challenging, even an easy one like XY, without the need of a Nuzlocke, just put weights on your Pokemon team which halve their speed. It messes up their EV gains but I love how it can even make Kalos feel challenge without having to lose your Pokemon.

With that being said, a legitimate hard mode I'd envisioned should have a speed modifier where your Pokemon's speeds are halved but your opponents aren't.

Golden_Arcanine

I've seen it. It's possible, but I don't know if the person was lucky, or if it was heavily tool assisted. But they were ridiculously high level.

At some point, you've got to grind your Pokemon to get them leveled up and they're going to take damage. Unless there's some really, really hax-happy situation I don't see it.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
A non-fainting run. You faint even once, you lose, period

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Anyway, here's a good one.

- All standard Nuzlocke rules apply.

- Your starter has to go into the PC as soon as you catch a Pokémon.

- It has to be a Twitch Plays, and if you were the one who set it up, you're not allowed to post in the chat.

- And finally, only one chance ever. If you get a Game Over, you can never attempt this version of the challenge again.
Can't be possible. You'll run out of moves, no matter how overleveled you are. And since you can't heal, you can't get PP back, which means you'll eventually Struggle yourself to a loss.