• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the LOWEST chain you had encountering a shiny?

Chain number for shiny?

• Total voters

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
(Delete/lock if this is too similar a topic to the Pokeradar thread.)

Well, title says all. What is the lowest chain you've had while encountering a shiny Pokemon using the Pokeradar?

Me personally, I had an encounter with a Shiny Staravia in the Trophy Garden during a chain of only 9.

I'm not sure if a 0 chain (no Pokemon) is possible. I assume it is, but it'd be the same chance of finding a random shiny in the wild.

1 ^_^ it was a shiny bidoof >.> i immediately killed it

Ditto B1tch

3 shinies so far:

-Rhyhorn at Safari Zone in FireRed; ;111;

-Voltorb at Power Plant at FireRed; ;100;

-Tentacool at Route 119 in Sapphire. ;072;

Last edited:

Sceptile Master

Umm, I should clarify this maybe: this is what number on your chain you had when you got a shiny, and what was the lowest number on your chain you had when you encountered a shiny using the Pokeradar at any given time.
Also, this only applies to D/P/P.

Scrufox86

I got my first shiny Snorunt on a chain of just 2. I think i read somewhere that you cannot get a shiny on chain 0 by pokeradar. However if you do then it is by the normal 1/8192 chance and not the pokeradar. It said there was something in the pokeradar programming that makes it so chain 0 cannot get a shiny patch so the lowest from the pokeradar is chain 1. I hope i made sense with trying to explain this...

Sceptile Master

Yeah, that makes sense. I didn't know if that was possible or not though.

Cutty

Forever now
I've chained many times, so I've encountered a shiny from non-sparkled patch to higher numbers.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
patch 3 or 4, don't quite remember, I got a shiny phanpy :3

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It took me encountering over 10 Starly to find a shiny one

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think it was 5 or 6. But I was just looking for a Tyrogue on Route 208 when I saw the sparkly grass and I encountered the wild Shiny Meditite. It was well worth it though.

PsychicPsycho

I haven't done a ton of chaining, but I found a shiny Roselia once at number 4, in the trophy garden. Other then that I've not found any shinies while chaining.