• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the main goal of Pokemon?

LostHero

I think the goal is to have fun and become the best trainer. But of course its really up to oneself what the goal is. Its a choice.

serenaballerina

I guess everyone has their own goal but I just aim to have fun with it. I don't take it too seriously. I would love to complete my Pokedex though.

Darth Grievous

Call me Kioshi.
More money for Nintendo.

Actually, like any game, the goal is to have fun. Pokemon is great because you can have fun if you like collecting, you can have fun if you like competion, you can have fun if you like adventure, you can have fun if you like strategy, ect.

Neither. It's to waste $50 on their product and live on some hollow feeling of sucess in the fact that you beat the pokemon league, even though everyone else did too.

Volt of Noid

<-- Best Shiny ever
beat the Elite Four, Be a good trainer yeah but the main one is to to get the black trainer card.

Aviano

I dropped my balls
To catch them all hence the popular "Gotta catch em all"?

OR

To become the strongest pokemon trainer?

Nobody knows. It's like the meaning of life.

Chowza

Cannibals are <3
Depends on the trainer. Once your done catching them, you competitive battle! [For me, at least]

Vernikova

Champion
The main goal of any Pokémon game is what you want it to be. This can range from defeating the Elite Four and the Champion, defeating the Battle Frontier, or catching and raising every Pokémon in existance.

Grei

not the color
Personally, one of my biggest goals with my Diamond version is to fill up the Global Terminal (the large globe) and get locations registered in as many places as possible.

Therefore, I do a lot of trading.

Another goal of mine is to raise the perfect team, though I don't do a lot of Wi-Fi battling.

And still, I'm trying to complete my Pokedex. I'm actually almost completely done with seeing them all, and once I see them all, getting them over the GTS or otherwise should be simple.

Getting the best Trainer Card is something I don't usually try to do, though I may try to do this in the future.

ubernoob

<--- Next target?
The goal is for Nintendo to milk the Pokemon franchise out of all the money they can get.

abraxas

Words.
To have fun.

Thank you. This is what I was looking for.
That's all my goal is. If I can't have fun, why play? Sure, I enjoy all the aspects of the game, but sometimes that all becomes a little tedious, having to plan this and that, and get everything just so perfect.
Meh, perhaps that's just the old man in me speaking. ^^

AeroQC

Aspiring Breeder
well in the fourth generation their moving alot more in the direction of "Gotta Catch 'em all" direction as well as the trading bit too.

Erienne

Anime high :D
Be more like Dawn
No seriously, just to play the game? It's a video game, come on.

PsychicPsycho

Get so good that you will destroy anyone in your way, 100%
That's a good goal. Still working on it, though. Basically, I guess that would be the final destination for me. I suppose the most realitistic goal I have is the get gold symbols in the Hoenn & Sinnoh Battle Frontiers. It's not a big deal to me to catch all pokemon, because I probably wouldn't use them all anyway.

But like others have said, it all comes back to whats fun. I find beating opponents fun, but not necessarily raising a whole pokedex of pokemon to do it.
The goal is for Nintendo to milk the Pokemon franchise out of all the money they can get.
That's alright with me. I've enjoyed the games enough that it doesn't matter

Melloyu

showing that you have everything in the game but that you're still not happy !

Ryonai

Shouro's employee
Having fun for sure, it kinda makes me feel like having another life. Knowing all the species, breeding new creatures, traveling, meeting persons of different countries and sometimes battling.

random guardian

Get your flame on!
pokemon is some weird twisted version of life. you can be what you want to be and set your goals your self. if you want to be a pokemon breeder and your goal is to make the perfect bidoof to trade on the gts for a febass than so be it.