• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the main goal of Pokemon?

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Whatever makes you happy.

Me? Breeding that perfect Eevee. :>

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
"GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!!11!!1!11WUn!1!!!1!!!1!1ONE!1"
hahaha.jpg

Steelzip

To have a fun experince with it and catch cool Pokemon :p

bleachaddict

Death God
The dark side of Pokemon...

The real goal of pokemon is to beat up helpless creatures so you can catch them for personal gain. Once you have one, you order them to battle against other creatures (not caring about how bloody and injured they become). While you do this your popularity and rank increases while your partners are stored inside tiny little balls or a computer, (you don't have to be an Einstein to work out that is impossible). And finally when you become the highest rank you get all the credit instead of your POKEMON who did all the work... But I don't care it's still awsome xD

Warlord

Da PKMN Breeder
To be the very best, like no one ever was! DUN DUN DUN!

LOL! Pretty much the goal is either to catch all the pokemon or to *points to quote*.

But really it's whatever you want to do.(Your personal goal could be to fill 2 boxes of magicarp,or anything else)

Validus

Everyone has there own reasons:

Gotta catch'em all.... being the strongest....

I myself just enjoy the journey and rasing them along the way.

EDIT:

The real goal of pokemon is to beat up helpless creatures so you can catch them for personal gain. Once you have one, you order them to battle against other creatures (not caring about how bloody and injured they become). While you do this your popularity and rank increases while your partners are stored inside tiny little balls or a computer, (you don't have to be an Einstein to work out that is impossible). And finally when you become the highest rank you get all the credit instead of your POKEMON who did all the work... But I don't care it's still awsome xD

now thats the truth!

Last edited:

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
My goal is just to have fun. I'll play the game and battle and collect not to become "the greatest trainer EVER" but just for entertainment. I mean, that's the reason who buy a game, isn't it? Just to enjoy it.

Well my main goal isn't to catch em all, because it takes way too long and you need to have a lot of patience.
I just collect, train, and do competitive battling.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
hmm... a pokemon becoming the greatest pokemon trainer... Gotta see that.

They OF COURSE wanna be the 1337 0v3rl0rd of BbQ Sauc3. but, that will never happen, because that title is mine, and will remain so forever and ever.

on a serious note, to basically be the best. Who doesn't want to be the best? Would you want to be the worst? I wouldn't.

Mrpuc

Shocked!
I believe there is and order;
-become the strongest trainer
-Catch em' all
-Gloat.

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
I don't think there is one main goal. It depends on your own choice really.
Are you one who likes to go through the game with a balanced team, EV train, breed to perfection, win ribbons, cath 'em all or just mess about with every cheat you can find?

I think once you complete 1 goal there is always another to take its place. My goal i've been working on for the past 5 years is training as many different types of Pokémon as possible to lv.100. So far i'm on about 30 :)