1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What is the main goal of Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by ~-Overheat-~, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Pikachu_luver

Pikachu_luver ♪ Blue Bird ♪

Lol True.

For me the goal is to just have fun. And to waste your life trying to ''catch them all''.

2. Infernobat.

Infernobat. Negative

For me the goal is to just have fun. And to waste your life trying to ''catch them all''.[/QUOTE] i agraey

3. acenarutokyubi

acenarutokyubi ..........

For Me trying to Cath em all and have fun training my pokes :]

4. Paden

Paden OG swampert fan. <3

I think it's do whatever you want, seeing as it's an open-world game.

5. CliveKoopa

CliveKoopa Well-Known Member

There is no main goal of Pokemon, you can choose to be whatever you want to be in the world of Pokemon such as a trainer, co-ordinater, breeder, etc.

The initial goal was to "catch em' all" but that is no longer a requirement now that the anime is out and more games are out.

6. shamwowsavedme

shamwowsavedme chek dis ancient ***

i always thaught it was to go to google and ask how to catch Mew...

7. Noheart

Noheart The Abysswalker

Gotta catch 'em all!

Gotta beat 'em all senseless!

ITS OUR DESTINY POKAYMONN

To be the best there ever was, to train them is my cause...

Just look at the first season opening.

8. ChellyTots

ChellyTots Pikachu Lover <3

I don't think there is a definitive goal.

But, I obsess over Pikachu, so I breed alot. Not for perfect nature or IV's, but just because I can :)

9. Conker

Conker Active Member

Well to rule the world of couse.mwaha

But seriously now my goal is to train my pokemon to be the best as the can get.

10. madelyn

madelyn Thinks with Portals

I totally agree. It says everything you need to accomplish in the Pokemon world.

11. Tsisque

Tsisque Well-Known Member

To have fun.

12. Zerokku

Zerokku Nonstop Breeder

This is pretty much it.

I'd like to see them spin something a bit differently with 5th gen and let contests be a form of progression. They seem to have a lot of focus on that in the anime, and I know a couple kids who were dissapointed that contests weren't more prominent.

I personally would never go that route, but I know people who would enjoy it.

13. Rex Kamex

Rex Kamex Well-Known Member

-Complete/fill to some extent your PokeDex

-Get/Capture Pokemon (I forgot if that was just said in the Japanese anime)

-To make the money you spent buying these games worth it...

14. powerprotector

powerprotector [Empty Space]

1) Catch em all
    2) kick cynthia's *** to be champion
    3) Master rank all contests
    4) find pikachu's ketchup :D
    ;196;

15. Poison_master021

Poison_master021 <----thats right

you know in every pokemon game ive played i have never gotten a complete pokedex o_0

16. Well, ever since you could battle trainers over Wi-Fi, nowadays the main goal of Pokemon is to become the strongest trainer ever.

17. bartthecartoon

bartthecartoon Beginning Trainer

I think lately the point has been to do whatever you want to do, there is no one set goal like there was in the original series. Now Gary is researching Pokemon, Ash wants to be the strongest trainer, May wants to be the top coordinator, and Brock wants to be the top breader. In the video games, you can follow any one of those paths or follow all of them. Its really all up to what you want to do.

18. HMTQ - Madge

HMTQ - Madge Member

To become the strongest trainer makes more sense nowadays. Come to think of it, "Gotta catch 'em all!" doesn't make any sense. In reality, who the heck would want over 400 Pokemon?

I mean seriously, who the heck would need over 400 Pokemon?

19. Fluffy Piranhas

Fluffy Piranhas Custom User Title

I think the goal of pokemon is to get people addicted to or at least interested in the series so that they'll buy all the products and make the companies involved rich.