• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the most annoying thing in D/P

Status
Not open for further replies.

[AceAussie]

Awaiting October.
-Events Can and should be online.
-Small selection of fire pokemon even less new ones
-The battles are slow, Surfing is also the rest seems fine to me.
-No Clothing differences i'm sick of everyone looking the same.

KetchupO

tωisted

It's got this whole SLOW feel to it as mentioned before...
And also, I feel like there isn't enough stuff to do -.- Seriously...
Also...I hate the idea of underground secret bases...I actually hate the underground Sinnoh concept in general. :/

Alexcore

zeh l0l of 1337ness
a lack of new pokémon, this was like recycling generation.
about half the pokémon featured this generation had relations to previous ones (pre-evo's or evo's)
also too many event pokemon (there is no events whatsoever in denmark) and if they had to make that many then nintendo should have made them wi-fi .__.

Murky

Nocturne of Shadow
I agree with pretty much everyone here.

The most annoying things for me are these:

1.When you fly at night. They didnt make a nightime flying sprite.. so when you land, your sprite changes from standard daytime into the darker night time one.

2.The amount of new, storyless legendaries. Story has always been Nintendo's strong point.. so why are there like a million legendaries that are storyless?!

evo-wooper

Kirby Pwner
I hate the fact that we have another fire / fighting starter. What would have been cooler would be something like fire / dark. Also, they could have donethe dark psychic and fighting starters, which would have been quite different. Also, I think its time they introduced a new type. Light type maybe? Or pokemon with three types? Or how about changing Charizard to Fire / Dragon type?

Medical Meccanica

give me the booty
I hate:

How Infernape stole Blaziken's thunder (or fire/fighting in this case). Chickens > Monkeys. >>
The low selection of Fire-types, hell, the low selection of Pokemon in general.
SURFING ajslka
your Rival. Seriously, what the ****?

I DON'T hate:
Shellos and Bidoof. Perfectly good Pokemon if you ask me.
The number of evolutions. I mean, most of those Pokemon deserved evolutions *coughTangelacough*, even if some didn't, it came out for the better anyways.

Psycho-Espeon

Time Lord
i was really looking forward to battle island but when i got there it was a battle tower, a big cave (stark mountain), a desert and lots of grass. i found that really disappointing seeing as they have had a battle tower in every game since crystal. glad that they are getting a new frontier themed thing in platinum.

also angry with fire/fighting starter and slow surfing and togekiss.

Eagledawn

Sapphire
I hate how there's nothing to do after the E4, that mostly every Pokemon in the Marsh is worthless and can be obtained elsewhere, the slow surfing, the lack of things to do...
At least in Emerald there was the Battle Frontier! All we get in D/P is a stupid been-there done-that Battle Tower! <_<

Miss_Pocket_Monster

I agree that it moves rather slowly, but I actually rather like that, as it gives me time to really get into the adventure. What annoys me, in no particular order:

1) No Fire-types. Infernape is righteous and Rapidash is OK, but they are the only two Fire types in the whole Sinnoh Dex! Where are Pokemon like Ninetails and Camerupt? Did they just not fit in with Sinnoh? I know you can teach other Pokemon Fire moves, but I like my Fire moves to have STAB.

2) Team Galactic's costumes. These guys get a storyline that's almost a cool as the Aqua/Magma storyline, and they certainly fight better than Team Rocket ever did. Why are their outfits so goofy?

3)Too. Many. LEGENDARIES. Seriously, we've gone from having just 5 in Gen I to 14 in Gen IV! I know that the legendary percentage has only changed + 2 % for the National Dex, but for the Sinnoh Dex, it's disproportionate. the Kanto Dex has 151, and 5 of those are Legendary. That's roughly 3% (1/30). The Sinnoh Dex has the same total, but 14 Legendaries, roughly 10% (1/10). When one in ten Pokemon is "one of a kind", just how legendary can it be?! This does not compute.

Other than that, though, D/P just may be one of the coolest games to come out in a long time. ;492;

Dark-Oracle

The slow surfing.
The lack of Fire types in the Sinnoh Dex.
I hate scrolling for hours trying to find an item that i might not have.

PiNgU

I love the games myself, but imo have to be speed of battles even if animations are turned off. Also when surfing is slow.

J_08

the surfing of the pokemons in the map are slow... and a lot of battles come out in slow movement in surfing...

a964fc40c38281ce5d15c5db0697a821.png

Kenryoku_Maxis

#1 most annoying thing in D/P is how slow the HP Bar scrolls down when you deal damage to a Pokemon. When you are trying to level...it turns the game into something akin to an MMORPG mixed with watching paint dry. If they had just made that one thing faster, just that one HP Bar go 3-5 times quicker, then I'd probably have 50 hours less on my Save File.

It really sucks how only Japan and the states have all the events..Nintendo is totally neglecting the rest of the world...
at least make them available to online...and another thing is like everyone mention fire/fighter?
Blaziken is and will be the only the only good fire/fighting in my book, but Infernape...
please ...a fighting monkey that looks too much like the chinese folklore "Monkey Magic" at all but in flame

a good fire starter..a fire/flying type would be interesting

Last edited:

Kenryoku_Maxis

It really sucks how only Japan and the states have all the events..Nintendo is totally neglecting the rest of the world...
at least make them available to online...and another thing is like everyone mention fire/fighter?
Blaziken is and will be the only the only good fire/fighting in my book, but Infernape...
please ...a fighting monkey that looks too much like the chinese folklore "Monkey Magic" at all but in flame

a good fire starter..a fire/flying type would be interesting

But Blaziken is weak to 5 different types and has Medium to Mediocre speed. While he has good Attack and Sp Attack, he doesn't learn the best Fighting or Fire moves to make use of those stats. And lastly he can't use Close Combat, which I think was harsh that the game designers did since many of the other past Starters and past Gen pokemon got vast improvements to their move pools thanks to the 4th gen jump. This is why Infernape is being used more and in some ways is better.

This comes from someone who absolutely loves Blaziken and wanted to make a Blaziken for his 6th slot, but had to go for a Lucario because Blaziken just has too many Type Weaknesses and is too slow.

poke'master

D/P are great games. My 2nd favourite in the series next to g/s/c. But the slow surfing, the taking forever to scroll threw items, the slow battling, and the lack of fire types in the game are the downfalls. sounds like alot but the amount of good from the game more than makes up for it ^^ i got my charizard and arcanine on there now so thats 1 problems solved

Status
Not open for further replies.