• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the most annoying thing in D/P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skar

Wi-Fi Looser
[rant] I reckon worst thing would be surf speed. A FRIEKEN SNAIL COULD CRAWL FASTER THEN YOU! Ok, that was overacting-ness, but the speed of surf is devestating! I mean, it's like slo-mo compard to previous speeds. [/rant]

Dark_Houndoom

~*~ Stewart ~*~
I agree Skar. The surfing speed is sooooo sloooooow. Slower than a Slowpoke.
I didn't like the whole "every member of Team Galactic having a Glameow" or The pre evo of Toxicroak (Forget its name)....
It really isnt a game hate, but Skuntank and Bastidoon - grargh!!!
One thing with me, is also, I cant walk through one small patch of grass ithout some pokemon running into me. I was palying it one day and every step i took, a wild pokemon would jump out..... I need repels.....

Saph

Rapscallion
A lot of these criticisms can easily be fixed..

The reason why the game is so slow for you is because you are probably using the stylus.. don't bother. Just press A like you did with the other games, and you'll notice things go much faster, because then you skip the pauses.

The surfing speed is also not a big deal because you hardly have to surf at all.

Wild Pokemon encounters have always been annoying, and you can just buy repels. They are cheaper than you think.

The lack of fire Pokemon is a legitimate concern, though. Rapidash sucks.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
One thing with me, is also, I cant walk through one small patch of grass ithout some pokemon running into me. I was palying it one day and every step i took, a wild pokemon would jump out..... I need repels.....

I know what you mean, I have the worst luck and that ALWAYS happens to me.

But, anyway... in my opinion, the most annoying thing in the game would be how long it takes to save. There's no excuse for that.

I forgot about that, yes that is ridiculous.

scissorX

The encouter rate annoys me, I mean sometimes its a good thing, but when you are trying to do jumps on your bike ARGHH!

Other than that there was nothing too annoying, maybe the fishermen with a zillion Magikarps.

Knight_Ram

One thing comes to mind.. those snowballs in the 7th Gym. So annoying. Can't think of anything ATM.

roses_108

Yes they can be annoying, the other thing i found quite annoying was figuring out how to beat the gym in hearthome city it took me ages to figure out what to do.

xXBloodstainedLieXx

IT'S ALL THE RAGE!
The thing that annoys me imo is the fact that all pokemon that hatch from an egg start at level 1.

I liked it better when they were level 5 when they hatch! >_<

once in a blue Mew

ITS DAT TEOU-TEOU
I forgot to mention one last thing... THE FREAKING GTS!!! All the n00bs that put up Magikarps to Palkia/Dialga. If you're one of those people, OFFER SOMETHING A LITTLE BIT BETTER. Unless they're hacks, they will never give you one for a freaking Magikarp.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
I really hate the shortness of the Sinnoh pokedex for one, they could've taken out Feebas and milotic, since you can only get them until you get the national pokedex and put in a fire pokemon in it's plaece that is only thing that annoys me the low amount of fire pokemon really

Euphoria

Soul Salsa
I don't get why anyone would bother getting upset about the slow save speed. Look out your window or at your TV while it saves, it's really not all that bad. XD

Deathatron

SHINY MR MIME! =D
The Battle Tower. So... much... hax...

Ash crimson

The crimson king
people wont put up realistic offers on the GTS and thanks to hacking and cloning i'll never be able to get what i need because everyone has everything and or only wants shinies

Da Master of Unowns

You're too slow!
D/P annoys me

1:They upped the Pokemon encounter rates.
I finish a battle, turn around, and poof! there's another Pokemon! (I literally bought 99 max repels to stop this)

2:No more storage, but we instead get a bag that can hold a million items at a time. (It's a good thing they seperated the items into differents menus, otherwise we'd have to tape down the control pad to find the item we needed.)

3:SURFING IS WAY TOO SLOW! Especially when Pokemon attack you every 3 spaces.

4:GTS is HORRIBLE! I can rarely find a reasonable trade for any Pokemon.
(Especially the rarer ones like female Combee and female Riolu)
Though this is not a problem with the game itself, but the (dare I say) "spoiled" Pokemon trainers (Either that or they are cloning which is also bad)

Despite this, it's still a very good game.

But, anyway... in my opinion, the most annoying thing in the game would be how long it takes to save. There's no excuse for that

Actually...there kinda is. Going from a larger cartridge to a smaller chip-like game pack means more coding to fit on one little pack. That along with a more complex game than the other means that you need to have some things that alter the save time (In this case, boxing Pokemon and time changes). Or at least that's how I take it.

One thing I've actually just noticed though is that while on the battle screen, you cannot press down on the control pad to go from the "Attack" option, directly to the "Run" option and vice-versa. You have to go to the side and then up/down to do so. But I usually touch with my finger anyways. :/

Da Master of Unowns

You're too slow!
Actually...there kinda is. Going from a larger cartridge to a smaller chip-like game pack means more coding to fit on one little pack. That along with a more complex game than the other means that you need to have some things that alter the save time (In this case, boxing Pokemon and time changes). Or at least that's how I take it.

True, but does it need to do that if you take out only one Pokemon?

kiddragon

Giratina 4eva!
its annoying that ive searched for a week and a half and never found a munchlax. where do you get iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit?

Future Guy

1. Surf speed
2. Text speed and the overly long pauses, as well as inappropriate use of the wider screen, look at Intimidate. It uses three lines but if they used the screen fully it would only be two. The pausing that takes place between text and battle actions, fainting, switching Pokemon in battles, etc., is VERY annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.