• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the most annoying thing in D/P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia

- Slow battle (I played LeafGreen afterwards and compared to D/P, it's just so much faster- killing wise.)
- The fact that people can use legendaries in Wi-fi battles. (Too many cheap people...)

And that's basically it.

The lack of challenge that the Elite Four presented. Normally I used to have loads of trouble with the Elite Four but this time I just tore through them like a paper bag

Yeah, I got to Cynthia's last pokemon with my team at level 54, 47, 48, 49, 44, and 46.

Also the fact that..... THE ONLY FIRE TYPE IS PONYTA!!!!!!

Drift

u k i f u n e
They changed the bike to checkpoint back to what it was in 1st gen. In 2nd and 3rd gen, you could ride your bike through the checkpoints near the exits of towns, but now you can't (although you can run everywhere). I also don't like the surfing speed. It is very slow!

That annoys me too. >_>
Surfing is uber slow now, too.

Also, there's one miniscule thing I think is SO annoying...
Kriketune's cry.
I cringe everytime I hear it. <_<

WARNING: THIS IS VERY LONG
i hate how you have to trade to get all these new pokemon! unless you have a friend nearby the only way you can trade is on wifi! and even then you dont get its data or even see it so you cant even look it up at the gts!........okay im done now

EFG_Poke_Master

Infernape King
The surfing speed, it makes me even more insane each time I surf.

Princess Reina

lalala....
- You cant catch any good water and fire type pokemon before National Dex! All what you can get is Buizel, Wooper, Magikarp, Bidoof, Ponyta. I had to trade Lapras and Cyndaquil from the older games. I cant play with as weak pokemon as those!

Buizel is good for not6hing because his attack is much stronger than special attack and it doesnt learn any good physical moves.

All good pokemon are obtainable but after Elite4.

AdamV2

PKMN Prof.
Things that ****** me off:

-Slow surfing speed.
-Slower battles (killing Blissey takes forever).
-Only two fire types available before E4. And one is a starter.

Thats pretty much it. I love most of the cries though, so they don't annoy me.

mewfanforlife

The Pokemon selection available before the E4 was terrible. That was the most annoying part to me.

Moltres

Two things really bug me.
1. Surfing at walking speeds takes the fun out of surfing.
2. In battle the messages go by themselves. When I'm playing my DS and waching TV I often look down a my screen after defating a pokemon to see the message asking me if I want to switch pokemon when I have no idea what pokemon is coming next.

The Bicycle music. Plus, Lucario. Can't stand the git.

Wiimote

Tao is Taokaka!
The only two things annoying to me are:

The bicycle music. >.<
Those stupid, annoying Starly's that drive me out of my mind!

EDIT: Forgot to add Electrike's long animation. >_<

Last edited:

Igloo

PinsirUsedGroundTime
What I don't like about DP is that battle animations are too slow and it takes about a half second longer for damage to be registered on a Pokémon after the animation. Also, some Pokémon animations are incredibly long; anyone who owns a Seviper knows what I'm talking about :).

Roihu

Yeah I hate the checkpoint buildings and also surfing.

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
Things I don't like:
-The fact that most people hate the new Pokémon.*REPEATREPEAT!*
-You can't use PokéRadar in buildings,caves,lakes,etc.
-The checkpoint builidings.They're useless.
-The fact that most danged people think Lucario is a danged legendary.
-Wi-fi doesn't work on AOL.
-Spheal cannot be found before the Elite Four.
-D/P is glitch-bare.
-The male character's hat.

Adamv2 said:
Slower battles (killing Blissey takes forever).
Oh puhleez.If you have a Staraptor with Close Combat,you can faint it in two turns flat.

Fireball

Things I hate about Pearl:

The Pokerader doesn't work on a bike or really tall grass.
Ditto is getting hard to get, even though I go on the right route.
$15 away from getting my Wi-fi Connecter.
Trying to migrate from Emerald but the Mystery Gift took up the spot.
Trying to get a perfect moveset for all of my team.

Gigaguy373

sorry blue mew but i beg to differ this elite 4 has been the hardest (for me) so far!!! and my highest lvl pokemon empoleon is level 75!!!

slow surfing speed
lack of fire types >.< my fave type
MEDICHAM!!! you'll learn how annoying they can be if you have empoleon
level leap from gym leaders to elite 4
how much harder it is to find serious natured pokemon (they were all i got on emerald)
empoleons speed >.<
lack of ethers and elixirs (compulsory threwout the elite four)

BUT I STILL LOVE PEARL!!! :D second fave of all t1M3zzz!!! with of course emerald and gold being tied for top first

Status
Not open for further replies.