• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the most annoying thing in D/P

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainerxDiana

It almost feels like they picked the Sinnoh Dex out of a hat... Very few Pokemon of the types you need outside of Water.

cocoa_adele

some dodgy pokemon sprites which make them look lame

The lack of Fire Pokemon (Pre-Elite 4)
Speed of surfing
The fact that you have to use basically the same team every time

But there are so many more positives than negatives!

A-Burrito

<-- Favourite Shiny
annoying battle tower dusclops' & dusknoirs, very annoying sometimes, but i dont hate it as such

Tyla

meh!
Team Galactic. (Why couldn't they keep Team Rocket? :()

Surf speed.

Encounter rate. (Honestly, I move 2-5 steps and there's another battle waiting for me. Waah!)

Oh, and Poffins. Pokeblocks were much better and easier to do. :(

Last edited:

tinypearl32

Vegeon Trainer
I want my PC!!!! Why can't they make PC storage like in G/S/C for the pokemon, with different boxes? I like how there are different pockets in the bag, but I want to store things I don't use, like the Shards and the Attack items and the selling items (star piece, etc.). For that matter, why don't they let /us/ organize our pockets how we want?????

aaronk94

Be afraid! Mwahaha!
You know what I hate? (Wait, don't answer that) I hate it when people hack the sprites of Pokemon and them post them on GTS. Like, when your searching for a Jirachi and you see one that's had its sprite replaced with a Yanma. I also hate it when people nickname their Pokemon with names such as 'Turd Head'.
Grrr......

Ropa-to

Advanced Trainer
I hate levelling up Pokemon that evolves at high levels and I hate running around like an idiot, waiting for some eggs to hatch, my eyes get RSI by going up and down a thousands time on Solance road.

Master Marc Spirt

Poké Master de 3rd
the most annoying thing in pokemon diamond is when you have beaten the elite four and when you are battling the champion you have weak pokemon and you are stuck but you don't want to lose any money for your lost.

the most annoying thing is how rigged the battle tower is. in my last encounter at the battle tower, i missed an oponent with hydro pump 4 times in a row, with no evasion boosts or accuaracy loss. then when salamence died i brought out garchomp SD'd twice while losing 0% of health. killed tyranitar with EQ. then out came mamoswine, used outrage, it missed, got hit with ice fang. yache berry weakened ice fangs power. Garchomp fainted. a critical hit. grrrrr. i dont know how they do it but im convinced its rigged

The_Landlord

I don't care...
Every opponent bite causes a flinch...
Every move I have that isn't 100% accurate misses 80% of the time...
Water pulse used against me causes confusion EVERY time...
Purugly... why is it so hard to take down?
I just want to get through the Elite 4 so I can raise a competitive team... these grievances are causing it to take FOREVER

BadIntent

MSankey
The most irritating thing about d/p is the game's speed. every single thing, from the battles, to scrolling menus, to running, biking, and surf speed are snail speed compared to 3rd gen. I played lfgreen for a little bit yesterday and it was so refreshing to know even though there was a sandstorm in the battle I wouldn't have to wait 30 seconds in between each turn. geez

RedZone

Underdog
The luck factor.

It really annoys me.

For example, 6% crit can change a game. No strategy or skill wins. Then there's 10% status chance on moves like TBolt, Flamethrower and Ice Beam.
Confusion and flinching are stupid too.

Sleep. Luck to hit with the moves, luck to wake up. Spore doesn't take luck to hit but it's a ridiculously cheap move, you both lose a move then they have chance of losing more moves while you don't.
I think Yawn was a well made attack and Sleep should work like that.

Paralysis chance is stupid too. People always say 'no i use paralysis for the SPD LOWERING...' but that doesn't change the fact that it turns the game into a coin flip. I'd rather deal with fast Pokemon rather than slow them down at the cost of the game's strategy and skill. Then there are people who use it on slower Pokemon anyway, proving they want to bring luck into the game. That really annoys me.

Grr at how much luck there is in this game >.<

Azul

Tactic Seeker
I hate it how when your in the battle tower at first it is ridiculously easy but if you just happen to be using the same team the second time...the pokemon at the BT after that will be IN ORDER...the pokemon needed to counter yours.

Speed of things is slow but if you really think about it they really are only testing everything out with d/p...prepping everything for Platinum.

Training is lame.

There really is a lack of pokemon. You cant build a well rounded team pre-elite four.

There are alot of pro's though.

Well, I still don't like how even after getting the national dex, you can't trade on the GTS any pokemon you haven't seen. How are you supposed to get, say... a growlithe, if you don't have access to the old games?!

it keeps the game balanced.its going to be unbalanced if you keep asking for cyndaquils and arceus.i think its stupid too,but thats how it goes.

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
one thing i think is really annoying is how the odds are always against you in Battle tower.

This is an example of my experience:
I was up against Palmer's Heatran with my Umbreon
Umbreon survives long enough to use Double Team six times while Heatran ended up being confused and on red HP.
Heatran then uses magma Storm and hit umbreon despite maxed evasion.

I got really annoyed at this cause i ended up losing to him

Status
Not open for further replies.