• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the most epic battle(s) you've had in DPPtHGSS?

Torpoleon

(Mods can close this thread if it doesn't belong. I just thought this would be a nice thread.)
Post any epic battles you've had in DPPtHGSS. For me, I've had two in SS:

VS Palmer
Brave Nite (Dragonite) VS Dragonite (Brave Nite wins)
Brave Nite VS Rhyperior (Rhyperior wins)
Bull-G (Granbull) VS Rhyperior (Bull-G wins)
Bull-G VS Milotic (Milotic wins)
Electrify (Ampharos) VS Milotic (Electrify wins)

I won that match because when it was down to the wire, Electrify's Thunderbolt paralyzed Palmer's Milotic making Electirfy faster. If paralysis did not kick in, I would have lost. Also, it only has a TEN PERCENT chance of paralysis.

VS My Friend (I only remember the final match up which makes it epic)
Torp Jr. (Feraligatr) VS Feraligatr (Torp Jr. wins)

I won that match which was severely down to the wire. When I was thinking of a move to use, I knew all my moves would not knock out Feraligatr, so I had nothing to lose with Ice Punch. Ice Punch hits and freezes Feraligatr and like Thunderbolt, it on;y has a TEN PERCENT chance of doing that. I won the match.

What epic matches do you have to share pertaining to DPPtHGSS? (It would be nice if you remember the whole match and can post, but if you remember the epic match up, that's nice. Also, if you saved it on your VS Recorder and sent it over Wi-Fi from that part in the GTS, you can tell us the number it is. I sent my Palmer battle over.)

ll Honchkrow ll

Too Hot to Touch
Me vs. Dahlia

Honchkrow vs. Medicha (Honchkrow wins)
Honchkrow vs. Ludicolo (Honchkrow wins)
Honchkrow vs. Dusknoir (Dusknoir wins)
SilverIron (Metagross) vs. Dusknoir (Metagross wins)

gliscorrulez

Vs Flint
Electivire vs. Magmorrar
Electivire Won After a Strong Fight
Vs. Cyntia Garchomp Vs Garchomp My Garchomp Won
Vs. Barry Empoleon Vs. My Infernape I won In the final moment Blaze and Torrent has activated he launched Hydro Pump and Miss and I use Fire Blitz I won

gliscorrulez

Vs Flint
Electivire vs. Magmorrar
Electivire Won After a Strong Fight
Vs. Cyntia Garchomp Vs Garchomp My Garchomp Won
Vs. Barry Empoleon Vs. My Infernape I won In the final moment Blaze and Torrent has activated he launched Hydro Pump and Miss and I use Fire Blitz I won

In SoulSilver, the most epic battle for me was the double battle between me/my rival against Clair/Lance. Especially when we were battling Lances Level 75 Dragonite. That thing was a pain to defeat, especially when it used Draco Meteor on my Dragonite. I was thinking at the moment, "Oh, nooo...!" But i was able to revive him. Funny thing, I didn't even use Dragonite to knock it out anyway. I used Typhlosions Overheat to knock it out. it's HP was already low enough, so that made it easier.

Anyway, that's my epic-ish battle...

terminoob

The Underdog
Never had many "epic" battles in-game, but I do remember the end of a great match I had with someone online.

Impendeo [Tyranitar] vs. Dragonite: Dragonite wins; at full health.
Washington [Scizor] vs. Dragonite: Scizor wins.

Sub'd with Scizor once it started, he mis-played with his Dragonite, resulting in the sub not breaking. Swords Dance'd the next turn, his Dragonite breaks through the sub. Bullet Punched Dragonite to take him down to 3/4 health, he [apparently] mis-played with Dragonite, causing him to not beat Scizor. Bullet Punch once mores wins me the match.

And there's this one, which I'll always love, mostly because I 5-0'd him [would've shut him out if I didn't send in Absol]

Vesuvius [Infernape] vs. Heracross: Heracross withdrawn
Vesuvius vs. Blastoise: Vesuvius withdrawn
Joule [Jolteon] vs. Blastoise: Joule
Joule vs. Leafeon: Joule withdrawn
Absol vs. Leafeon: Leafeon
Vesuvius vs. Leafeon: Stealth Rock set-up [don't lecture me on having Stealth Rock on Infernape]; Vesuvius
Vesuvius vs. Swellow: Vesuvius withdrawn
Impendeo [Tyranitar] vs. Swellow: Impendeo
Impendeo vs. Froslass: Impendeo
Impendeo vs. Heracross: Impendeo
Impendeo vs. Typhlosion: Impendeo
Impendeo vs. Froslass: Impendeo withdrawn
Scizor vs. Froslass: Scizor

I shouldn't have switched Scizor in, since Tyranitar taking out 5 of his Pokemon would've been awesome, but oh well.

Last edited:
I remember in one of my replays on Diamond or Pearl I was against Cyrus at Spear Pillar, and his paralyzed lv45 Gyarados had low HP, and I had a lvl 23 HM slave Gyarados that survived a hit from his Crobat. I used Dragon Rage and knocked it out! =D I know it's not that epic, but still.