• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the most fun Pokemon game?

Shinywell

Get Shiny Pokemon - PKMBuy.com
Am I the only one who thinks it's Sword and Shield? Of course, the open world of Arceus appeals to me, but the difficulty is too small. I think the next Scarlet and Violet is even better, looking forward to it.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
If you want very easy games: Sword/Shield and Let's Go are decent

If you want a balanced game and don't mind slow gameplay: Platinum, Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Black White 2 and Kalos are great options.
I don't know about the Rescue Team games but they're in the middle category.

If you want tougher games: Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl, Pokemon Colosseum & Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (Very old gamecube games double battle only games and punishing) and Pokemon Emerald. Ultra Sun/Moon has a few tough Totem Bosses and Ultra Necrozma but it's quite balanced.

But keep in mind that most games are expensive on the second-hand market.
Pokemon Black/White has anti piracy that disables exp restriction and makes game crash a lot at random areas for copy protection. (If pirated)

Heart Gold and Soul Silver also become more glitchy the further you get (Cianwood and Goldenrod City are most glitchy.) The player sprites stop working properly and menus and doors and battles stop working as elaborate preventive measures.

So most DS and 3DS don't work well in emulators....i advise not to use those not even Citra on mobile phones.
I learned it the hard way before i bought a used 3DS.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Xy and oras are majestic

SerenaRulez

For me it was Pearl because it was my very 1st Nintendo DS game and I was able to finish my National Dex really fast thanks to Wi-Fi trading. Good times. :) But most people say Platinum is better because of the Battle Frontier.

Pokefan_1987

For me it was Pearl because it was my very 1st Nintendo DS game and I was able to finish my National Dex really fast thanks to Wi-Fi trading. Good times. :) But most people say Platinum is better because of the Battle Frontier.
Expanded pokedex too, regular Sinnoh feels just empty. and so few fire types except for Magmar,Ponyta and Chimchar line in diamond and pearl.

Ultra Beast Lover

Unpopular opinion but I really enjoyed Ultra Sun the last time I played it.... Y too.
No, I definitely agree, Ultra Sun is pretty fun.

Overall, fun is subjective, the most fun one depends on your preference.

If you prefer story then I'd recommend Colosseum, BW, B2W2, SuMo, USUM, and Legends.

For a challenge I'd recommend Colosseum or Legends.

For fun side content I'd recommend B2W2, USUM, XY, SWSH, and Legends.

Now if you like just crushing everything in your path choose XY

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Now if you like just crushing everything in your path choose XY
Agreed. Well, everything before the 1st gym and after the 4th gym is easy. Levelling up low levelled wild Pokémon to be the level of the rest of your team is hard, especially when horde mons are half the level of everything else.

Pokefan_1987

Agreed. Well, everything before the 1st gym and after the 4th gym is easy. Leveling up low leveled wild Pokémon to be the level of the rest of your team is hard, especially when horde mons are half the level of everything else.
Indeed, there are plenty of powerful pokemon right before Sycamores lab, If you know where to look. Lucario is really broken although he's after the third gym.
Delphox and Greninja lines are very versatile. (Froakie take a while to get good moves)
Azurill can be found early before first gym and eventually into to Azumarill.
Eevee is also available early. Sylveon in particular can be absolutely devastating against a lot of pokemon early on and is still quite strong when you get to the Elite 4. (But keep Sylveon away from enemies with moves like Poison Jab)
After Professor Sycamore gives you a second starter. You can head to where you can catch a Snorlax and when you go into the Zubat cave nearby you can get a Zubat (Crobat is great)

Last edited:

MetaMantis

Indeed, there are plenty of powerful pokemon right before Sycamores lab, If you know where to look. Lucario is really broken although he's after the third gym.
Delphox and Greninja lines are very versatile. (Froakie take a while to get good moves) Azurill can be found early and eventually into to Azumarill. Eevee is also available early.
Sylveon in particular can be absolutely devastating against a lot of pokemon early on and is still quite strong when you get to the Elite 4.
(But keep Sylveon away from enemies with moves like Poison Jab)
After Professor Sycamore gives you a starter. You can head to where you can catch a Snorlax and when you go into the Zubat cave nearby you can get a Zubat (Crobat is great)
I think I used Greninja, Talonflame, Ampharos (M), Aegislash, Gardevoir, and Aurorus.

Pokefan_1987

I say Legends Arceus. Catching Pokemon in that game is actually really fun.
Until you fight Noble Arcanine (That dog is way too fast in that small arena) and lastly Volo is a big roadblock for many. He has 8 pokemon in total with no healing time for Giratina after his 6 on 6.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
Until you fight Noble Arcanine (That dog is way too fast in that small arena) and lastly Volo is a big roadblock for many. He has 8 pokemon in total with no healing time for Giratina after his 6 on 6.
Yeah that can be hard but once you understand how to beat them it becomes easier.

Pokefan_1987

Yeah that can be hard but once you understand how to beat them it becomes easier.
Still Arcanine got me soft-locked in a lava corner and kept rushing me on the same wall and stuck (like glue) with eventually needing a full retry. This was when the "Cherrim fix" update wasn't out yet.

Pokefan_1987

I think I used Greninja, Talonflame, Ampharos (M), Aegislash, Gardevoir, and Aurorus.
And Tyrunt can be gotten before Grant if you trade early depending on version. Strong Jaw on it is amazing. Just remember when you reach Grants pokemon the obedience cap is 30 so don't overlevel the ambrette town mons too much (they start at lvl 20)

I didn't mention Omega Ruby/Alpa Sapphire is far more limited on overpowered pokemon until you can get to the point where you find pokemons like Sableye Abra and get the Gift Latios/Latias from Steven. But trading Kadabra with a friend and you get a early beast.

MetaMantis

And Tyrunt can be gotten before Grant if you trade early depending on version. Strong Jaw on it is amazing. Just remember when you reach Grants pokemon the obedience cap is 30 so don't overlevel the ambrette town mons too much (they start at lvl 20)
Tyrunt can be gotten before Grant anyway. No trading required.

Pokefan_1987

Tyrunt can be gotten before Grant anyway. No trading required.
Oops my bad with guessing about exclusives. I guess i was just lazy after being unable to find any Tyrunt fossils in my second playthrough. Found lot of Amaura Sail fossils.

MetaMantis

Oops my bad with guessing about exclusives. I guess i was just lazy after being unable to find any Tyrunt fossils in my second playthrough. Found lot of Amaura Sail fossils.
You must be mistaken. You can only get one fossil, and it's a choice between either Sail or Jaw.