• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the most fun Pokemon game?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
You must be mistaken. You can only get one fossil, and it's a choice between either Sail or Jaw.
Oh Yeah, that's why i traded for Tyrunt through Wonder Trade after i chose the Amaura fossil. I like the ice types despite their disadvantage against Grant.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Oh Yeah, that's why i traded for Tyrunt through Wonder Trade after i chose the Amaura fossil. I like the ice types despite their disadvantage against Grant.
I just used Frogadier against Grant.

You know what was weird though. The fact that the gym leader I struggled most against in that playthrough... was Wulfric. Idk his Avalugg is a wall that just wouldn't die.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I just used Frogadier against Grant.

You know what was weird though. The fact that the gym leader I struggled most against in that playthrough... was Wulfric. Idk his Avalugg is a wall that just wouldn't die.
I had several strong answers for that including a traded starters including a Delphox and Blaziken and other Pre Gen 6. Still haven't gotten myself a Tepig in X version. I didn't use Mega Lucario much since i favored others such a my Greninja Delphox and very OP Sylveon.

Sylveon's lvl 100 stats
Nature: Naughty, Cute Charm
Item: Twisted Spoon
HP: 339 ATK 195
DEF: 166 SP.DEF: 271
SP. ATK: 254 SPEED: 163

Moves: Dazzling Gleam,Moonblast, Psyshock and Shadow Ball.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Just from my own experience, HG/SS were the most fun. Despite them being remakes of G/S, they didn't come across as redundant or lazy. In fact one of my favorite places in the whole franchise (the Pokeathlon) exists in HG/SS, and it had a lot of replay value.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Platinum and Emerald have great post game battle facilities and the easiest to just pick up and play. Rental battles are my favorite.

Considering only till the pokemon league, ORAS and Platinum my picks. ORAS is all around a huge upgrade over gen 3 and all they needed was the battle frontier for it to be the best game. Platinum makes DP's battle a bit faster and fixes tons of issues with them.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
What are the most fun Pokémon games?

Black 2/White 2
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Sword/Shield
Pokémon Legends: Arceus
Any of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games up to Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
Scarlet/Violet
Yellow
Gold/Silver/Crystal

Palamon

Silence is Purple
For me, Mystery Dungeon because you can be the Pokemon instead of a person commanding them. Walking around as a Pokemon in a dungeon is just something I find more enjoyable.

I love main series, though, of course.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Legends Arceus is a fantastic game. Soul Silver and Heartgold are masterpieces. Emerald and Platinum are masterpieces in my eyes as well. Black and White 2 has an amazing story. It's very underrated in my opinion. Pokemon X&Y was fun, and I liked the Friend Safari. I just wish the game wasn't so easy, but I still enjoyed it. Ultra Sun and Moon were actually fun in my opinion. If I ever want to get a Kanto fix Leaf Green is my go to.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Explorers or Platinum would be my picks, although Emerald is very close behind. Gold was also up there when I was younger but since then I've sort of become disillusioned with the Johto games and wouldn't recommend them to someone new to the series, nor peg them as the most fun or anything like that.

Ryker101

BW2 and HGSS are the best ‘traditional’ mainline games imo

PLA is pretty fun tho, especially love the challenge and core gameplay loop. It’s rough around the edges tho

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
For me, it's Platinum, B2W2, XY (occasionally), USUM, Legends: Arceus, Conquest, Pokkèn, Masters EX, and Shuffle.

OwensJB

SoulSilver was the most fun for me. Loved the expanded stuff like the Celebi event and places like the Sinnoh BF and Pokethlon.

Kage-Pikachu

pokemon legends arceus is the most fun i ever had playing a pokemon game. i loved the free roaming in the world, sneaking up behind pokemon and trying to catch that freaking snorlax over and over why won't you stay in the heavy ball!!! oops, sorry where was i? i could spend hours playing the game and accomplishing nothing and not feeling bored. it reminded me a lot of how i played zelda: breath of the wild, i would spend hours exploring and fighting and not accomplishing anything but still having a great time solely because of the gameplay.

pokemon x and y were also incredibly fun, i enjoyed the 3d world but but main reason is because of the world wide release. i have NEVER had good luck against japanese players in the past, they would usually have much more time learning new gameplay elements and moves than me, but for the first time i was on equal footing and i was defeating people all over the world. hehe, i played online much more than i ever did in gen 4 and 5 i also had many local battles in college so gen 6 was a great experience for me.

pokemon coliseum was very fun too, i was glad that the cities had to be fast travelled too since i am not a huge fan of wastelands, but the cities and towns looked great and i enjoyed the pacing. having every battle be a double battle was great to me, i felt they were underutilized at the time in the main games so it was very fun for me. i just wish they had 386 rental pokemon available in multiplayer mode like in the pokemon stadium games. if they every made a port i hope they would put forth the effort to do that. my goal has been to make all 251 original pokemon level 55 for pokemon stadium 1 and 2 (a living dex so that includes metapod and kakuna at level 55) but unfortunately whenerever i get close, the pokemon stadium connector (the thing i put the gameboy game in) corrupts the data somehow and i have to start over... has anyone ever made a full living dex with good moves for pokemon stadium 1 and 2?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
pokemon legends arceus is the most fun i ever had playing a pokemon game. i loved the free roaming in the world, sneaking up behind pokemon and trying to catch that freaking snorlax over and over why won't you stay in the heavy ball!!! oops, sorry where was i? i could spend hours playing the game and accomplishing nothing and not feeling bored. it reminded me a lot of how i played zelda: breath of the wild, i would spend hours exploring and fighting and not accomplishing anything but still having a great time solely because of the gameplay.

pokemon x and y were also incredibly fun, i enjoyed the 3d world but but main reason is because of the world wide release. i have NEVER had good luck against japanese players in the past, they would usually have much more time learning new gameplay elements and moves than me, but for the first time i was on equal footing and i was defeating people all over the world. hehe, i played online much more than i ever did in gen 4 and 5 i also had many local battles in college so gen 6 was a great experience for me.

pokemon coliseum was very fun too, i was glad that the cities had to be fast travelled too since i am not a huge fan of wastelands, but the cities and towns looked great and i enjoyed the pacing. having every battle be a double battle was great to me, i felt they were underutilized at the time in the main games so it was very fun for me. i just wish they had 386 rental pokemon available in multiplayer mode like in the pokemon stadium games. if they every made a port i hope they would put forth the effort to do that. my goal has been to make all 251 original pokemon level 55 for pokemon stadium 1 and 2 (a living dex so that includes metapod and kakuna at level 55) but unfortunately whenerever i get close, the pokemon stadium connector (the thing i put the gameboy game in) corrupts the data somehow and i have to start over... has anyone ever made a full living dex with good moves for pokemon stadium 1 and 2?
Loved xy and oras so much too!!!
Amazing games
Top tier