• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the most important factor you consider when forming your team?

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
I usually go for pokemon that i like and then try to make a unpredictable team based off of those likes and put together different move sets to aid them in double battles.

Dragontamer1011

I always aim for Synergy and weakness coverage. Even if a team is completely unpredictable, that doesn't change its weakness and what not. You need a pokemon for every situation.

Larry

I usually try to have a flying type, fire, water, grass, an normal type for my team.

I like to find a group of Pokemon that cover one another's weaknesses and such while still sticking to the philosophy of only battling with my favorites.

Kalosian

So long
I try to make balanced teams, making sure there are no or few overlapping types and a balance between Special and Physical as well as offense and defense. For in-game teams, I make sure to always have a flyer and a surfer. Depending on the situation, I might also use some Pokemon that I like, even if they aren't good when it comes to battles.

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
I like to find a group of Pokemon that cover one another's weaknesses and such while still sticking to the philosophy of only battling with my favorites.

you and i share alot of the same battling strategy

Aquarelle

Staff member
I try to make sure that no more than 2 of my Pokemon are weak to a certain type.
Also, when I'm deciding on movesets, I *have* to be able to hit every type super effectively. It drives me insane if I don't.

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
I try to make sure that no more than 2 of my Pokemon are weak to a certain type.
Also, when I'm deciding on movesets, I *have* to be able to hit every type super effectively. It drives me insane if I don't.
LOL its cool to hear different peoples strategies and stuff because when you battle people you cant really fully understand whats goin on in their head

Golemite

I use the Pokémon I grow to like the best. I try to choose those from variety of types and make them cover as many types of opponents as possible, or just give them moves I like. So, the most important factor for me is to do what I like. :)

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
its pretty obvious
type coverage with a balanced team in terms of offensive/defensive
Well since everyone is different there are different important factors for everyone. Thats why i asked because its not obvious.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I always use my starter, but other than that I just choose Pokemon I like

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
I usually go offensive with my team, using Physical or Special or Mixed sweepers. I always choose powerful, versatile moves to give them a wide coverage of types so they can deal with any Pokemon, even those whom they're weak against.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Mainly a variety of types/elements. I try not to have one of the same type at a time, though there are a few exceptions when it comes to a move-set.

But I always make sure to have an Azumarill on my team. It's always the powerhouse of my team for some reason... must be the good defense.

Arceus94

I use the ones i like. the cute ones, the cool ones, the AWESOME ones etc.
me forming a team is a very delicate procediure.
there is ALWAYS one or more pokemons in my team that i switch for something else.