• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the most ridiculous thing to come out of the anime?

Yes it was lol, the episodes actually were something then the formulaic **** the anime was doing, esp the fillers. One note and bog standard? Sure bro. I still find it funny how you claim SM, the series with the best Pokémon interactions and showcase and Pokémon human bonds doesn't "feel" like a Pokémon series, sure buddy
Also you sure the stench left? Your posts still have those "SM rage" in them you know :p
Ironically, the episodes in Sun and Moon were formulaic themselves. Nothing was particularly innovative in its approach.

It doesn't feel like a Pokemon series because it removes or downplays central aspects of the Pokemon anime that were integral/core to the experience of the anime, at least when it came to my enjoyment of the anime.

If see " rage " in my posts, it'd be best to log off.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ironically, the episodes in Sun and Moon were formulaic themselves. Nothing was particularly innovative in its approach.

It doesn't feel like a Pokemon series because it removes or downplays central aspects of the Pokemon anime that were integral/core to the experience of the anime, at least when it came to my enjoyment of the anime.

If see " rage " in my posts, it'd be best to log off.
Formulaic? Each was different than the last lol, slapstick comedy being present doesn't mean they all were the same and followed a same formula. Agree to disagree on the it not feeling like a Pokémon series tho ig. Also yea maybe rage wasn't the right term to use but you get what I mean, I get the same vibe in ur posts recently about journeys then I did in SM times although you were very less active then. I do enjoy your XY posts though, they are usually very articulate, informative and a nice analysis that makes me think about things I didn't consider before in the series

DatsRight

I think people are entitled to hate SM since it was rather different from the old staples of the anime and kinda slapdash in method, but I just think it was an experiment that had to happen, since by that point the old formula was just getting WAY too lethargic and bland. It was being used as a crutch for everything and it really diluted the experience by the time of XY, while SM was at least trying to be character driven again and shown some level of writer enthusiasm, even if it lacked much direction a lot of the time.

I at least appreciate that SM could have a basic plot that was saw the whole way, rather than just having TR unnaturally hijack it and there kind of lacking a proper third act that culminates the earlier story. There's only so many times the twerps blasting off TR with the exact same two moves becomes an interesting or relevent climax. Some of the ways they tried to shoehorn a traditional TR ending were also getting ridiculous (eg. TR somehow being responsible for Florges' marsh being drained simply so they could culminate the Goodra vs Florges arc in the easiest 'team up against TR' way).

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
ANYWAYS

I never was able to over Goh and his master balls. If the anime didn’t spend nearly 10+ years throwing it in our faces that you have to weaken a Pokémon to catch it I wouldn’t be that upset but the fact that he’s able to do it without weakening them just feels like a huge retcon and contradiction.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
ANYWAYS

I never was able to over Goh and his master balls. If the anime didn’t spend nearly 10+ years throwing it in our faces that you have to weaken a Pokémon to catch it I wouldn’t be that upset but the fact that he’s able to do it without weakening them just feels like a huge retcon and contradiction.
I agree with this. I get that they were trying to emulate/promote Pokemon GO or whatever, but that simply does not work.

Sonnas

I think people are entitled to hate SM since it was rather different from the old staples of the anime and kinda slapdash in method,
Yeah but people will still tell them that their wrong on people hating it.
Also sometimes it’ll have plots where it takes over half the episode to even get to the title of said episode as the first half was padding.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
The most ridiculous thing? Hmm.

That would probably be the laughable attempt at romance that XY did. It's actually kinda sad because they specifically chose Ash as a part of this romantic "subplot", the one character who doesn't understand or give a crap about love. And the resolution to that romance? A girl pushing herself onto a guy and taking a kiss without consent. Because that's...romantic? And then Ash and Serena didn't even have that much of a bond? If they wanted to push a romantic angle from both sides, the very least they could have done is treat it like Ash and Dawn, where the characters had a signature greeting and even their own duet song, lmao.

So yeah. XY's "romance" was incredibly ridiculous.
F A C T S

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I agree with this. I get that they were trying to emulate/promote Pokemon GO or whatever, but that simply does not work.
Even in Go, you can’t always catch a mon in one ball. Especially Legendaries. And if they really wanted to promote Go, why not involve the Berry catching mechanic? Or Incenses? COME ON WRITERS
PICK GO OR THE REGULAR POKÉMON WORLD
STOP TRYING TO COMBINE THE TWO

Morax

King of heroes
Yeah anything you say concerning this stuff is inept after that mess you pulled yesterday. Not to mention once art is created it can be interpreted anyway from the viewer.
So you're just looking for more reasons to $hit on her? Stay mad

It's created by the japanese for the japanese with a certain interpretation in mind. It's not up to the viewer to decide, yajima already cleared that up in the interview.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I just remembered something ridiculous that came out of the anime: the title of XY59: Satoshi and Serena's First Date!? The Tree of Promises and the Presents!!