• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the most ridiculous thing to come out of the anime?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Something that bothered me from Goh (Coming from the only Goh fan in the world, probably.) is that he catched a weakened Suicune with a normal Pokéball! He could have used at least a Great Ball or Ultra Ball, but NO! He chose the ordinary Pokéball! Suicune is a LEGENDARY for crying out loud!
I’ve caught Deoxys once in a Pokéball because it became a critical capture. Same with Eternatus since you can’t fail no matter what and Necrozma in USUM.

Lucariomen

Shaymin has appeared in hordes more than once. Shaymin is supposed to be a Mythical, but in Alola and in the Shaymin Movie, they appear like they're only a rare species. They are mythicals and have special mythical powers, so why they appear so much? Same thing for Phione, but IS Phione a Mythical?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Shaymin has appeared in hordes more than once. Shaymin is supposed to be a Mythical, but in Alola and in the Shaymin Movie, they appear like they're only a rare species. They are mythicals and have special mythical powers, so why they appear so much? Same thing for Phione, but IS Phione a Mythical?
Same could be said for Meltan.

RafaSceptile

Something that bothered me from Goh (Coming from the only Goh fan in the world, probably.) is that he catched a weakened Suicune with a normal Pokéball! He could have used at least a Great Ball or Ultra Ball, but NO! He chose the ordinary Pokéball! Suicune is a LEGENDARY for crying out loud!
To be fair, unless I'm remembering wrong, in Pokémon Go all Legendary Pokémon only can be captured using Premier Balls, which are normal Poké Ball with a different color

DatsRight

I think it's that they're attracted to those Gracidea flowers, when they bloom they use them to turn Sky Forme and flock together to shower the earth with grateful feelings, explaining why they're inconsistently found in swarms.

Plus Mallow's Shaymin was implied to have formed from the spirit of her mother.

Alain’s team was made OP by the writers, especially his Charizard. But Ash still choked as we were counting on Ash Greninja to be the Messiah that would win Ash the league. YOU BLEW IT!
I still find amusement that the 'chosen one' special power badass frog was upstaged by a team of goofballs the next series. :D

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Yeah, I was always scared to say it on this forum, but now I will.. I like the gacha, and I guess it's probably because I hate TR and think they should be removed from the show lol, but at least this has made them more interesting.
Yep.

Gacha Vending is perfectly fine and a nice serviceable way to add a bit of variety and interest to reductive Rocket appearances (which PM has fallen back into it seems.) I can at least get some interest because these Pokémon are portrayed as a threat or interesting in some fashion thematically.

• Drawing two Dark-type "evil" Pokémon to intimidate Messon with Inteleon, the James Bond hero, showing up and saving the day.
  • Two big-eared, cute lagomorph rodent and rabbit to tag battle against Gou and Satoshi's rabbit and rodent.
  • They managed to not to get wiped out by Thunders and made themselves useful thanks to Ground-type picks.
  • Supersonic from Jibacoil had the boys paralyzed but Messon's own type of high pitched crying subdued TRio back.
  • Whaloh's usage of Splash.....was eccentric a nice way to cause trouble leading to an evolutionary climax save.
Rewatching DP so many episodes are literally, "Poison Tail! Needle Arm/Bullet Seed!" then a quick Thunderbolt response to the face and blast-off. If you're going to fall back into a pattern of using TRio as an episode-by-episode plot device. You can at least add variety to the appearances.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I do wonder if they could have made that work if they had managed to culminate it in some way.

Sophocles' astronaut goal was kinda half assed but they actually called back to it effectively. Lana just sort quit on the bubble thing in favour of the league and chasing Manaphy.
I mean.....she made oceanic operetta lol
The bubble goal was always a childish non serious thing Lana had for popplio after rescuing popplio and seeing it's bubble making skills. Over the series with all Lana focused episodes we see her slowly gradually aiming to become a water type expert like Misty, the seafolk were major inspirations as well and to that end she won the water trial, evolved popplio all the way and used the Z move also making the biggest bubble ever. And then continuing on her journey by going to find mythical
Here core of the character is much more then "blowing the largest bubble", esp if you actually watch the series beyond the opening episodes but you can't really expect much from people like Jane lol to put things in fair perspective when it comes to SM

Morax

King of heroes
I mean.....she made oceanic operetta lol
The bubble goal was always a childish non serious thing Lana had for popplio after rescuing popplio and seeing it's bubble making skills. Over the series with all Lana focused episodes we see her slowly gradually aiming to become a water type expert like Misty, the seafolk were major inspirations as well and to that end she won the water trial, evolved popplio all the way and used the Z move also making the biggest bubble ever. And then continuing on her journey by going to find mythical
Here core of the character is much more then "blowing the largest bubble", esp if you actually watch the series beyond the opening episodes but you can't really expect much from people like Jane lol to put things in fair perspective when it comes to SM
Never forget : burnett married a stripper. :p