• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the most UN-creative Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
There are certain Pokemon you look at and think, "Wow! That is a really creative idea! I never would have thought to make a [insert Pokemon description here]."

This thread is not about those Pokemon.

Instead, this thread is about the Pokemon you look at and think, "Golly! I could have come up with that! Where is my sack of cash for being able to think of that?"

DO NOT SAY AN ENTIRE GENERATION IS UNCREATIVE. I'm asking about individual Pokemon, not generations. PLEASE also give a reason why you think [x] is an uncreative Pokemon, even if it's along the lines of "It's a ball."

I'll start.

Seel is based on an animal, but the designers only changed one letter in the name (from seal). The typing is based on where it lives, namely, Ice and Water.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Electrode.

They took a Voltorb, and, and...

...turned it over and drew a mouth on it.

Mew The Gato

Each and every species of Pokemon is creative and unique in its own way. To say that a Pokemon is unoriginal or not creative is a very unoriginal and close minded action.

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
There is no such thing as an unoriginal Pokemon.

Each and every species of Pokemon is creative and unique in its own way. To say that a Pokemon is unoriginal or not creative is a very unoriginal and close minded action.
"Your closed minded for not liking every pokemon like me." I shortened it for you.

Vanillish line is stupid. Haters come at me.

Green Okido

Viridian Gym Leader
Un-creative ? Well, there are many pokemons that i don't get it, like:

Voltorb line
Grimer line
Trubbish line
Vanillish line
Klink line
Stunkfish
Dunsparce

and others..

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
"Your closed minded for not liking every pokemon like me." I shortened it for you.

Actually, he wasn't saying that, and I doubt that he would stuff up his spelling and grammar like that. Look, I hate this thread concept, because even if you could have thought of the idea, isn't that exactly why they WOULD use it? Because they thought of it? Really, if the artwork is good, then that should be good enough for everyone.

Now, I dislike some Pokèmon, but there is no uncreative Pokèmon.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Kanto:

Rattata line: God... They are awfully uncreative.
Pidgey and Spearow lines: Extremely generic birds.
Voltorb and Grimer lines: They are just living Poké Ball and sludge. The Magnemite, Vanillite, Trubbish lines at least have creative designs, specially in their evolved forms.
Seel line: They are just ordinary seals. What were you thinking, Game Freak? Simplistic design doesn't equal boring and uncreative.
Goldeen line: They could easily pass as normal fishes instead of Pokémon, by looking at them.

Charizard is sort of uncreative too, since it is just a generic European dragon transformed in a Pokémon. It isn't badly designed though.

Johto:

The starters: They all look bland and uncreative compared to every other gens' starters. Feraligatr is arguably the exception.
Stantler: What were you thinking, Game Freak? Simplistic design doesn't equal boring and uncreative. +1

Hoenn:

Wurmple line: We already had Butterfree and Venomoth as Bug/Flying and Bug/Poison butterfly and moth, there was no need to repeat this **** again.
Pelipper: Not only uncreative, but hands down the ugliest design a Flying Pokémon ever had. What an abomination, I feel bad for Wingull.

Sinnoh:

Bidoof line: Bibarel, I respect you for being the best HM slave in existence, but sadly your evolutionary line scream "uncreative".
Budew: Aw isn't it cute... and also boring, uncreative, pointless and unneeded?
Floatzel: Look, it is a bigger and fatter Buizel. Not sure if that counts as uncreative though, since most Gen I evolutions are like that.
Pixie trio: Come on, Game Freak, were these things really needed? If so, why not make their designs more distinct, like the Beast and Regi trio designs?
Phione: ...Please

Unova:

Pignite and Emboar: Uncreative types, but at least they have creative designs, unlike the Johto crappy starters.
Lillipup line: Too "normal" for my tastes.
Monkey trio evolutions: None of them expand the concepts of their evolutionary forms, so I count them as uncreative. Not to mention that Simisear's design makes 0 sense.
Pidove line: See "Pidgey and Spearow lines".

PS: These happen to be my opinions, not facts. You don't need to agree with them.

I can't really think of an uncreative Pokemon. There are a lot of Pokemon that I don't really like the appearance of (Conkledurr looks like nightmares), but that doesn't make them uncreative. It's good that there's a mix of complex (Garchomp, Emboar) and simple (Execute, Vannilite) because it gives people of all different tastes something to use.

I am going to say so that I actually contribute instead of just preaching, that I really don't like Muk's concept. Not only is grimer a blob, but to add insult to injury, it just evolves into a bigger blob. I know, I know, it's toxic waste. But you would think that they could come up with a better evolution involving mutations or something rather than just making an angrier version of the same Pokemon.

Green Okido

Viridian Gym Leader
I agree with almost of them you said, but Charizard un creative? It's a lizard that turns into a Dragon. Blastoise it a turtle with cannons and Venusar is another lizard with a plant on it's back.
Torterra is another turtle, Infernape is a monkey , Pignite is a pig, Serpepior is a snake , Feraligatr is a crocodile ..In you point of view all of them are un creative because they're based on real creatures. You understand what i'm trying to say?

1.21GWs

I've always found Pineco (or is it Pineko) to be the most insanely boring and unimaginative design to the point of ridiculing it. Oh look, it's a pine cone...

Retro-Chaos X

Psychic Aficionado
I don't really think that any pokemon is uncreative, every pokemon is unique in it's own way, in addition, I think it's unfair to say things like 'It's just a pokeball' or 'It's just ice cream' because they really aren't just those things, and anything sounds uncreative and boring if you simplify the description - Superman is 'just a dude with powers' - see?

Toxicity

Toxic to the touch
Poliwrath is a buff, angry Poliwhirl. I guess the mechanism behind its evolution was: "The Water Stone motivated Poliwhirl to start lifting."

KyuremFreeze

Hello, b0ss
most of gen one is creative, but they were starting off there. i would have to say geodude and ditto. geodude is literaly just a rock. and do i even have to explain ditto to you?

Toxicity

Toxic to the touch
most of gen one is creative, but they were starting off there. i would have to say geodude and ditto. geodude is literaly just a rock. and do i even have to explain ditto to you?
Geodude is a floating rock with a face and limbs. That's pretty creative.

And Ditto might be a simple design, but the simple design supports its gimmick of being an amorphous blob that mimics things.

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
Actually, he wasn't saying that, and I doubt that he would stuff up his spelling and grammar like that. Look, I hate this thread concept, because even if you could have thought of the idea, isn't that exactly why they WOULD use it? Because they thought of it? Really, if the artwork is good, then that should be good enough for everyone.

Now, I dislike some Pokèmon, but there is no uncreative Pokèmon.
Uhh totally meant to add the bad grammar to uhh symbolize his uhhh ignorance of life and uhhh...dammit you got me. But saying there is no such thing as no creativity is pretty...false. Since for one it's completely opinion wise and two it's pretty obvious without a long debate what pokemon where lazy and what were just inspiring ideas. A good example would be electrode. You could give gf some slack for it being the first game and all but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.