• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the most UN-creative Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goggled Petilil

likes maids

Naito

Honestly saying, there are no bad designs in Pokémon. All of them are based on excellent concepts, which, even though are not obvious at first glance, are brilliant at hindsight.

I for one actually didn't understand Dunsparce's design, until I read an article about it just today. :D

Pokémon are beautiful, majestic creatures, everyone should believe in that. :')

You speak true and you are Brony, you deserve a cookie ^^

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
Probably Klinklang ... i mean a couple of gears put together?

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
"Uncreative" and "least creative" has a big difference, my friend...

This is why this thread sucks. It could be fun. But you and your annoying butt buddies keep putting words into the mouths of others or ignoring the main point of others' posts just to get your point across. Either that or you're just really stupid.

Annamieka

Electrode. voltorb was good in its own right but then they are just like hmm, lets find his evolved form......FLIPPED ok finished, next one

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
This is why this thread sucks. It could be fun. But you and your annoying butt buddies keep putting words into the mouths of others or ignoring the main point of others' posts just to get your point across. Either that or you're just really stupid.

I'm sorry, what? People are making illogical, incorrect, thoughtless assumptions and theories (not everyone, mind you), and now WE'RE the stupid ones? If you have a right to post arguments, then we have a right to post counter arguments. This is a discussion thread, after all, and if no one talked about what each other had said, then it would be a state-your-opinion thread, which would be sorta stupid.

"Butt buddies"? Are you really flaming? Yes, AWM is my friend, but what I say is not to back him up, as he is perfectly capable of doing that himself. Anything that I say, in agreement or not, is my own opinion and I am perfectly entitled to it -- and I am perfectly entitled to request that you stop fringing on flaming, else I will report you.

We do not put words into people's mouths, we tell them that the logic that we see in what they have said is actually incorrect, or that we disagree, and everyone, even you, has a right to do that. You so not, however, have any right to be rude and flame us because of what you think we're doing.

We do not ignore the main points of posts, we either adress them or discuss the minor points because we have no qualms with the main point.

Now, would you please be polite, or at least cordial, like we are? Because, really, everyone who is being aggressive to you is spurned on by your rude treatment, not discouraged.

And, really, I interpret 'discussion' as debate', because you can't have a decent discussion without facts and basis. Which is what these people are trying to do -- give their opinions and say, when countered, that they mustbe right because opinion = fact.

You, however, seem to be one of the more logical people, so that statement does not apply to you. Thank you for showing that sense, at least, and try not to lose your credibility by calling people names.

Toxicity

Toxic to the touch
Shymain, IAintObeezy, SlowPokeBroKing, would it kill you to stop jabbing at each other? It feels like every time I come to this thread, I see you people arguing like this.

Probably Klinklang ... i mean a couple of gears put together?
What's wrong with gears? Admittedly, Digimon did the gear monster concept first with Hagurumon (Who I was instantly reminded of when I saw Klink), but I like how the Klink line emphasized the modularity and duality of gears.

Last edited:

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I'm sorry, what? People are making illogical, incorrect, thoughtless assumptions and theories (not everyone, mind you), and now WE'RE the stupid ones? If you have a right to post arguments, then we have a right to post counter arguments. This is a discussion thread, after all, and if no one talked about what each other had said, then it would be a state-your-opinion thread, which would be sorta stupid.

"Butt buddies"? Are you really flaming? Yes, AWM is my friend, but what I say is not to back him up, as he is perfectly capable of doing that himself. Anything that I say, in agreement or not, is my own opinion and I am perfectly entitled to it -- and I am perfectly entitled to request that you stop fringing on flaming, else I will report you.

We do not put words into people's mouths, we tell them that the logic that we see in what they have said is actually incorrect, or that we disagree, and everyone, even you, has a right to do that. You so not, however, have any right to be rude and flame us because of what you think we're doing.

We do not ignore the main points of posts, we either adress them or discuss the minor points because we have no qualms with the main point.

Now, would you please be polite, or at least cordial, like we are? Because, really, everyone who is being aggressive to you is spurned on by your rude treatment, not discouraged.

And, really, I interpret 'discussion' as debate', because you can't have a decent discussion without facts and basis. Which is what these people are trying to do -- give their opinions and say, when countered, that they mustbe right because opinion = fact.

You, however, seem to be one of the more logical people, so that statement does not apply to you. Thank you for showing that sense, at least, and try not to lose your credibility by calling people names.

You contradicted yourself several times. I normally don't argue against much. Mostly, when I come on this site and feel compelled to argue, it's when people post their opinions in an opinion-based environment as such and get treated like morons because people like you say they are wrong based on fact. There is zero factuality behind any of what has been posted in this thread, yet you and whoever else keep treating anyone who wants to post here as "wrong" or "incorrect" or whatever and it has taken all the fun out of any of it. If you and the few others that keep dogging people would just let posters say what they want, this could actually be a fun topic. And if you are going to post here, why can't you just reply to posts by stating the basis behind a Pokemon's origin or something somewhat appealing to read because no one cares that you guys think creativity is fact-based or not.

Edit: Also, that "stupid" comment wasn't directed at the whole lot of you. That was mostly for AWildMew because they did, in fact, ignore everything in my post and what they said wasn't actually even relevant to what I said.

Last edited:

CNL

The most uncreative is surely Ditto.
It's just a blob that can turn into other Pokemon. The backstory about being failed attempts of Mew is really interesting, but nobody can confirm for sure that Ditto IS actually this, it just seems likely.

Ditto is a walking transform, and morphing into other things is a generic idea. Don't get me wrong, I do like Ditto, but for the purpose of this thread, it seems the most uncreative.

UNLESS I start to consider Unown.....

Dreamy

Shymain, IAintObeezy, SlowPokeBroKing, would it kill you to stop jabbing at each other? It feels like every time I come to this thread, I see you people arguing like this.

Seriously, take it to VM or PM please, totally filling this thread up with off-topic discussion.

I don't totally agree, but I can see why so many people are hating on voltorb and electrode, they seem less creative because of their simplicity, but that's also what makes them so appealing imo.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
You contradicted yourself several times. I normally don't argue against much. Mostly, when I come on this site and feel compelled to argue, it's when people post their opinions in an opinion-based environment as such and get treated like morons because people like you say they are wrong based on fact. There is zero factuality behind any of what has been posted in this thread, yet you and whoever else keep treating anyone who wants to post here as "wrong" or "incorrect" or whatever and it has taken all the fun out of any of it. If you and the few others that keep dogging people would just let posters say what they want, this could actually be a fun topic. And if you are going to post here, why can't you just reply to posts by stating the basis behind a Pokemon's origin or something somewhat appealing to read because no one cares that you guys think creativity is fact-based or not.

Edit: Also, that "stupid" comment wasn't directed at the whole lot of you. That was mostly for AWildMew because they did, in fact, ignore everything in my post and what they said wasn't actually even relevant to what I said.

You do realize that as long as you keep posting, Shy and AWM will keep counterarguing, right?

But, eh, whatever, I guess.

Anyway, least creative (as in, not devoid of creativity, but having what appears to me as the least amount of it, still a lot, but the least compared to the rest) for me, is, I guess, I dunno, Goldeen maybe?

Mew The Gato

Pardon, I replied to the wrong post. I was replying to this:

So, here's my thing. Those that keep arguing that "there are no uncreative designs" have missed a solid point. This is the MOST UNCREATIVE. Not specifically completely uncreative Pokemon. Just Pokemon we find less time was put into their design. That adds a scale. Quit trying to say that all Pokemon are equal in terms of design. They aren't. Some were given less attention and people can decide for themselves what designs are less thoughtful and leave it at that. Checking back every hour to argue that Voltorb rocks isn't changing anyone's opinion.

As I said, it says most uncreative. That is, devoid of creativity. I never said they were equal, they have scales which are influenced by opinion, but whether they have any amount of creativity or not is based on fact. You cannot change that. This thread ask us to accuse Pokemon of being devoid of creativity.

And people also say that they are uncreative. Plainly. Not least creative, but uncreative.

Anyway, least creative (as in, not devoid of creativity, but having what appears to me as the least amount of it, still a lot, but the least compared to the rest) for me, is, I guess, I dunno, Goldeen maybe?

This is the exact type of post that is acceptable. It does not accuse a Pokemon of being devoid of creativity, thus defying fact, but it expresses the poster's opinion as to what he thinks is the least creative. Simple wording changes the meaning. Very good, dirkac.

Last edited:

Renasce

Title Drop
I am tempted to say things like Vanillish or whatever because hur it's just an ice cream cone. But while that is rather dumb, it's not really uncreative as such... I certainly didn't expect it.

I suppose I'd rather go with every Mon evolution that's just the pre-evo with more of itself stuck together. Magneton, Weezing, Vanilluxe (But not Vannilish, I guess). Hard to really explain why anything else would be considered uncreative, but these guys make it fairly easy. Their designs aren't a bigger version of the same thing or a reversed version of it or anything. It's just... The same thing. Multiplied. It's hard to argue that there's a lot of creativity involved in those, so it's the closest I can get to objectively uncreative Mons.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
...Spearow, I guess. Or Raticate. Hard to beat that level of down-to-earthness.

Mays

If we're being technical, as someone said before, none of them are "un-creative". Like Muk, it makes sense if you actually use your brain. And Ditto? Isn't it a failed experiment that can mimic any Pokemon? I don't see how they're not creative.

But hey, if I'm picking one that is a little eh to me, it'd be the Kami Trio. But I love all Pokemon, and I don't dislike any, but I am of course more fond of certain Pokemon. I also love Muk.

Muk... It's basically Grimer that got a little bigger and slightly more intimidating.
What do you expect? For it to grow wings? Evolution does mean it gets bigger and more intimidating. I'm basically no different than what I was when I was a toddler. I got bigger and I'm more intimidating. Guess I'm not creative, then.

Last edited:

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
They're all creative in some way, but I have to strike a blow at Gen I and say Voltorb. It's an orb. With a face. Genius. And it's evo is a bigger version that loses its sclera and gains a mouth with flipped colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.