• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the most useless move besides splash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeXX

WisdomTree Trainer
What is the most pointless move besides splash? i think memento is becuase once your stats are lowered you can just swich out and nothing happened but your opponent died.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I'm not really sure if there is anything worse then Memento...

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
Hmmm.... Havent I seen this somewhere before? Anyways, memento is okay if you use it when your pokemon's about to faint, similar to explosion, except explosion is awesome.

BlazeXX

WisdomTree Trainer
I noticed that but you could just switch out and your stats could would be normal??

BlazeXX

WisdomTree Trainer
yeah but you died

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
I noticed that but you could just switch out and your stats could would be normal??
Meanlook would solve that problem.
inb4Spl-

Anything that lowers the opponent's stats and doesn't cause damage.

*facepalms* And this is where I stopped reading. Are you f*cking serious? Setting up is one of the smartest things you can do in a battle.

BlazeXX

WisdomTree Trainer
i agree. im closing the fking thread

im guessing bide?

you do have to wait awile until u can attack and you pokemon will probably be dead by then xd. its usually just pointless like splash. yes im new to serebii just got active a week ago.

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
It's not setting up though. Seriously, how many people use Screech and Metal Sound competitively?

Ok. Lets use umbreon as an example. Its moveset is this: Screech, confuse ray, pursuit, and toxic. First you confuse your opponent. Then you use screech to lower there defenses, making confuse ray much more powerful. Now you might say "But what if the pokemon switches out?". Well, after lowering there defense using screech, you can continually use pursuit, which will not only hit the pokemon even if it switches out, but will also cause double damage. If they dont switch out, then you probably still caused some pretty high damage because of screech. This is a pretty potent combo.

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
Assuming your opponent knows his stuff, I'd go with Bide.

String Shot also does, at the least, only a few favors for the ones who can use it.

Agreed on both accounts. Bide lets the other pokemon set up. But who would use a pokemon that learns string shot, anyways? They usually tend to be very weak.

Devout

Nincada Trainer
Bide is useful if done at the right time so its not useless.

Machete

Memento can be deadly if your enemy doesn't expect it.

I mean, you're forcing a physical attacker to switch, so, if you're using Charizard, you can use Substitute, then Belly Drum, then you get Salac Berry's speed boost, and you sweep. You also have a free turn to use Dragon Dance, Nasty Plot or Swords Dance, making some powerful threats, such as Salamence, Gyarados or Scizor, unstoppable.

Tackle, Scratch, Pound... those are worthless. The Hyper Beam variants are pretty useless in most occasions, too.

Bide is useful if done at the right time so its not useless.
Bide, also known as "Hey, Gyarados, I'm giving you two turns to use Dragon Dance!"

Thunderstorm!!!

Bumbling user
Razor Wind: nothing special offensive wise, just lets the opponent set up.

Erienne

Anime high :D
Bullet Seed and its variants are terrible, since they do so little damage it's sad.

BlazeXX

WisdomTree Trainer
i absolutely hate moves ike fire spin, sandtomb & whirlpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.