• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the toughest time you ever had catching a pokemon?

rego84

I was just trying to catch Kyurem in White when I ended up thinking, "Wow, this is actually hard. This is what catching a legend should be like."

Now, Kyurem wasn't the longest it ever took me to catch a legendary, but I still found it hard because even my trusty Lv. 100 Blaziken (the usual "sponge" against these legends attack) would be 3HKO'd by most of Kyurem's attacks. Especially Endeavor, since I had reduced his HP to 1 using False Swipe.

Giving a legendary pokemon Endeavor when you know the gamer is going to try to lower the HP of said legend as much as possible? Touche gamefreak, touche.

Despite this though, I think Mewtwo in FR may be the hardest time I've ever had catching a legendary. Even though I can figure out the perfect counter against it (A fast dark-type Pokemon using Taunt), I did not have said counter. So I could not status it most of the time (Safeguard) and when I finally am able to get it down into the red, Recover! The only easy part about Mewtwo was when it used Swift. Before the phys/special split, that move was when I breathed a sigh of relief.

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
Registeel. Never again T_T 70 ultra balls on 1HP and paralysed

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Well most legendaries, with the exception of Zekrom, always gave a pretty good fight. With a non-legendary, freaking Metang in White took FOREVER and used up sooo many pokeballs I just wanted to scream. It was probably because that b**** has a freaking catch rate of a legendary. :p

TrainerJP

Is Eatin' Yo Picnic!
Khangiskhan at the safari zone in R/B/Y. I'm pretty sure it's impossible...

CliveKoopa

Trying to catch Moltres in Victory Road. It took over 10-15 Ultra Balls to catch it. Moltres also became the very first legendary pokemon I ever caught.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Trying to catch Moltres in Victory Road. It took over 10-15 Ultra Balls to catch it. Moltres also became the very first legendary pokemon I ever caught.

Only 10-15??? Thats lucky to me! My Metang in the post above took 40 Ultra Balls, about 20 Great Balls, and some other balls. He did NOT get a very nice nickname when I finally caught him.

Lazy Shiny Hunter

(Insert witty line)
Giratina in Platinum always gives me trouble. When I get to him in my current run to SR, I'll probably end up using the Master Ball on it. Ironically, he was easy to catch in Diamond, and I found Arceus (back when I had an AR and wanted to see the events in Diamond) easier.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Mewtwo:FR. Oh my gosh. It toojk:

80 Ultra Balls
54 Timer Balls

Arcticuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Crobat
Rhydon

I almost lost my Blastoise. It also took me several SRs to catch him. If it werent for that Timer Ball.........

either catching moltres for my freind on fire red (he had no ultra balls, he used them on articuno, and couldnt buy them on the island) he had low level pokes, no status moves and about 15 great balls. tokk 3 hours and about 30 tries to get it.
that or mewtwo on fire red. i got extra lucky early on (thunder from zapdos paralyzed, crit) but by the time i caught it it was using struggle.

revv

Undependable...
Magicarp in any game. :)
JK Regice in emerald.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Giratina in Pearl. I used all my dusk balls, ultra balls, and timer balls. I had to resort to using my Master Ball, since i knew I wasn't going to play that game anymore anyway.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
That dang Metagross in Pokemon Colosseum. Ended up using my Master Ball on it, that thing just refused to go down.

AwesomeSauce117

Nostalgia Addict
Lugia in HG. Safeguard wouldn't allow me to put him to sleep. :/

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
When I was a bit of a noob at Pokemon, my brother would let me use a device that shall not be named to get event legendaries. Arceus was SO annoying (but that's what I get for cheating! I'll never do it again!)! I had to save and turn the game off so many times because he STRUGGLED himself to death! That's right! He wasn't caught for SO long, he, the legendary god, KILLED himself with struggle. T.T Really, Arceus? You have no moves, and could simply train with me, but your wise solution is to KILL yourself?!
But, that's what I get for cheating. It makes me feel less guilty when I think of how annoying it was to get him, but he's still NOT legit. :< What will I do with him?

FieryLucario

Just a Person
I was trying to catch a safari zone Gible in SS, it took FOREVER! Same thing again, except with a Bagon. Also Mesperit and Creseila in Pearl, I almost gave up. (I'm so glad I didn't)

Original151Rocks

My Answer Is Yes
Tornadus in black. 1 HP paralyzed and 50 quick balls laster BAM! caught. Really annoying since i had to keep on chasing it down