• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the weirdest thing that contributed to you liking Pokemon?

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
The thread title is self explanatory.
Mine would be some baker from London, London in the 1600s.
Its a bit far fetched but if I think about it it all connects, so what was the weirdest thing that contributed to you liking Pokemon?

Kim62

Hello
Digimon. If it wasn't for Digimon I might have never watched the anime and have never been as into Pokemon as I am now.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
I found a Poliwag TGC on the street when I was 7 years old. I then decided to get the game (Sapphire, to be more precise) and well, that is how I started liking Pokémon.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Pokemon cards in Burger King Happy Meal things when I was like 6 lol

KingWiggins

My Dad bought me a gameboy and bought me the Pokemon Crystal (Johto) game while he was overseas.
I still play on that gameboy.. Bleh.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
There was a show called pokemon coming on soon when I was like 4 or 5 and then my dad turned on Digimon. My sister and I were satisfied, thinking it was pokemon, but my dad didn't feel right and he finally found pokemon. That is how it all started.

That and the burger king toys lol

XSilverStarboyX

Well first I saw an add for Red and Blue in a Target add I think. After that, my friend showed me an episode, and I was hooked. After he had shown it to me, I remember seeing a screenshot of Squirtle in Nintendo power around that time(1998). I think it may have been very early screenshots of Pokemon Snap while it was in its development stage. I was about 11 during this time. Not really wierd but still fun times;152;

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
I'm 11 now, my point was a bit far fetched a few closer things are, lack of ideas for Christmas presents, awesome tv ads (for DP), and the dulwich council.

gliscor&yanmega

Played Blue and liked the franchise since then...I know it's super weird :3

I don't really think anything contributed to me liking Pokemon aside from Pokemon itself.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
It all started way back, about... 6 years ago? When my brother got a Torchic plushie. Then later on, he got a Poliwhirl and Gengar, and I got Jigglypuff. We then logged onto the Pokemon website, and got hooked. Yep, I got into my favourite game series because of a PLUSHIE.

PsiOmega

An old soul
I borrowed Emerald from my grandparents. 'Nuff said.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
I found some random cards at the mall :/

Then some kid at my school taught me how to play TCG.

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB

PokeTimmy

Collector
I've never really thought about it before, but I guess the thrill I experienced with Tamagotchi's - hatching, raising and caring for a digital creature - led pretty easily to my enjoyment of pokemon.

Tamagotchi's came out when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade I think, with pokemon coming out a few years later.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
When my brother got his eye punctured by a nail when he was little. We were about to leave the house when it hapened. We treated him and went out for a trip and my parents decided to buy the Special N64 of Pokemon Stadium.

and all because he had that accident D:

Minteh

It's so shiny!
My cousin contributed to my pokemon obsession. I remember he used to have Red and this old Atomic purple game boy colour. He used to show off his team all the time and this led to me constantly asking my parents for the game. When my cousin and his family moved up to Scotland he gave me his Pokemon Red and game boy and told me to keep it safe. I still have his Pokemon Red but I think I may have broke the game boy. I don't think I actually played Red that much. Guess I was scared of possibly wrecking his game. My first official game was pokemon blue which I still play today.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
My friend owned Pokemon Snap. He let me play once. I never actually used the camera, just threw the apples at them. Strangely enough, I never bought Snap. But, yeah. My childhood was awesome. Especially the parts that involved harassing innocent creatures with fruit.