• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the worst section on the site?

Worst Section.

• GPD (Pokemon Gen Diss)

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Shippers Sections

Votes: 78 56.1%
  • Games

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • 1st/2nd gen

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • 3rd/4th gen

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 5 gen

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Nintendo Dis.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Clubs.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • Pokemon anime/alt anime.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • .......Misc.

Votes: 24 17.3%

• Total voters

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Anyone of the people in this thread that said Shipping - If you can write me a 1,000 word essay about why Shipping is terrible by October 10th, I will send you $10 (Ten) US Dollars on Paypal.

Do the points given have to make sense and be provable and such? Because if they don't I could totally do that.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
The only thing sadder than shipping is actually taking the time to write a four-page essay on why it sucks it for ten dollars.

Everything here is the worst section. Even "Competitive Rate My Team" posters must wake up everyday asking themselves why they're not just on Smogon instead.

Last edited:

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Anyone of the people in this thread that said Shipping - If you can write me a 1,000 word essay about why Shipping is terrible by October 10th, I will send you $10 (Ten) US Dollars on Paypal.

Does it have to be exactly 1,000 words, or can it have more?

If so, then I shall do it.

natie

Mr. F
The admin forum
I lol'd.

There's too many sections here for me to actually say anything, and I can't be arsed to visit Shipping because it probably contains horrible crap, but if I had to make a choice I'd have to say Misc [hence most of my posts are in (t)here].

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The only thing sadder that shipping is actually taking the time to write a four-page essay on why it sucks it for ten dollars.

It's called free money.

But the guy is going to back out anyway.

Why all the shipping hate?
I post in the Pokeshipping thread sometimes and it's not that bad...

Anyway, I'll vote for clubs.
I remember a long time ago, before I was a member, I looked in the May fanclub and someone posted something like "I wanna join because May's hot" it's kinda creepy.

facetious

facetious
I reckon we should host an SPPf-wide essay competition asking potential participants to justify the existence of the Shipping forum. If nobody can adequately defend its meager existence, the forum gets deleted. If the competition is a success, we should do the same for the Games forum.

I will be the wholly impartial, objective adjudicator of this grand contest.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I reckon we should host an SPPf-wide essay competition asking potential participants to justify the existence of the Shipping forum. If nobody can adequately defend its meager existence, the forum gets deleted. If the competition is a success, we should do the same for the Games forum.
I'd argue for Clubs going before Games.

Can someone honestly explain to me the benefit of the Clubs section? You go "join" a club and post in there about how you all like the same thing? I'm well and truly baffled. Is there even a sense of e-solidarity there? Is the need to find your own wolf pack so great that you think it can be achieved by dropping in to write "Yes, I too enjoy half-naked anime girls and Water-type Pokemon"?

facetious

facetious
Cipher said:
I'd argue for Clubs going before Games.
I don't know about that. At least some of the posts in Clubs have substance. In Games, you'll be hard pressed to find any quality posts. Things were much different in the Games forum back when I moderated it, but now it's beyond repair.

Alternatively, what we could do is host an "official" debate on whether the Shipping forum should stay or go, and I shall deliver an impartial verdict as to the fate of the Shipping forum after weighing up the arguments from both sides. Of course, we can do the same for Games, Clubs, and other "problem forums." As long as we have the approval from an admin, we should be good to go. Right Ellie?

This could potentially be the most epic thing this pathetic forum has ever done or ever will do.

Last edited:

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I don't know about that. At least some of the posts in Clubs have substance. In Games, you'll be hard pressed to find any quality posts. Things were much different in the Games forum back when I moderated it, but now it's beyond repair.
I don't know. See, at least I can understand the driving force of narcissism propelling the Games section. I know it personally fills me with the greatest sense of achievement and value when an anonymous stranger on the internet rates my banner an 8/10 or tells me I'm 7/10 recognizable on this forum.

But Clubs? I don't get. And the fact that they seem to be masquerading as something even remotely worthwhile confuses me even more.

Fuckin' Clubs, how do they work?

Ethan

Banned

Alternatively, what we could do is host an "official" debate on whether the Shipping forum should stay or go, and I shall deliver an impartial verdict as to the fate of the Shipping forum after weighing up the arguments from both sides. Of course, we can do the same for Games, Clubs, and other "problem forums." As long as we have the approval from an admin, we should be good to go. Right Ellie?

This could potentially be the most epic thing this pathetic forum has ever done or ever will do.

If you create it, run it, organize who is debating and the whole sha-bang, you know you have my okay. I doubt I need admin permission to allow something like this but I'll ask Ellie anyway. :)

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I suppose we could make Section vs Section in each fourm, and see what the reasults are, I have a feeling sometihing big is about to happen.

Anf i like the ideal of all the "Fail'' sections getting merged.

Ethan

Banned
Realistically speaking the debate and the process could be fun, but the fate of the losing forum wouldn't come to fruition. Joe would never allow it and he'd de-admin anyone that would merge/delete a forum without his permission.

It's amazing how far ten simple dollars can take things. *Starts the next hundred words* That's like, a penny a word.

Fuckin' Clubs, how do they work?

Better question: what's the difference between a club thread and a discussion for said thread in the appropriate forum, aside from someone "owning" the thread and "members" of the thread?

Last edited: