• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the worst way Ash lost a League?

What is the worst way Ash lost a League

• Ritchie winning because Charizard disobeyed him

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Harrison winning with Blaziken

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Tyson winning with Meowth

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Tobias winning with Darkrai and Latios

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Cameron winning with 5 Pokemon

Votes: 51 54.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So as we know, Ash has lost in all the major Leagues he competed in but I think the ways he lost is what usually bothers the fandom. I don't think Tyson and Harrison will get votes in this poll but it seems like the other 3 ways Ash lost really got a lot of fans angry particularly the recent 2 Leagues. Tobias and Cameron have become hated because of it. So what do you think is the worst way Ash lost the League?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Well for me it would be this from the worst to least worst order.
1.Cameron
2. Ritchie
3. Tobias
4. Tyson
5. Harrison

Hikatoshi26

Cameron and Tobias pissed me off the most.

Harrison and Tyson were good fights and Charizard and pikachu got bested. Charizard lost due to Ash's immaturity in battle Flamethrower> dragon rage lol. Pikachu lost due to Tyson superior strategy against an opponent he couldn't beat head to head.

Ritchie was expected. Charizard was a douchebag in OS lol

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Looking back, Ash has had some pretty shoddy treatment in terms of getting knocked out the league. Though as others have said, at least Harrison and Tyson were good battles.

The losses to Ritchie or Cameron were just so stupid. With Tobias it was cheap but at least within the context of the situation it was acceptable. The fact that Ash lost due to his Charizard not even battling in a match that barely took up any episode time sucked hardcore when it should have been an epic battle. I will give that match a few measly points though, one because it was generation one and the writing for battles was very suspect anyway (to put it kindly), but another because it at least led to emotional development of Ash coming to terms with losing and his possible failures as a trainer.

But there is just no excuse for the Cameron battle, losing to five Pokemon, I don't really need to elaborate on that. Such a cop-out.

JD

Worst to least?
Cameron
Tobias
Ritchie
Tyson
Harrison

Harrison was obviously the more experienced and skilled trainer so it made sense that he would win same with Tyson.

diakyu

Tobias. It was so unacceptable. The fight was good, but the context was god-awful.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Imo all his losses have been terrible, but his most recent loss against Cameron was the last straw tbh. I could handle Tobias beating Ash with just two Pokemon and even Charizard disobeying Ash and costing him the first League, but Cameron went beyond that and pretty much broke an important rule and was still allowed to compete and then win.

P0KEM0N

Best to worst:

Tobias> Harrison> Tyson> Ritchie> Cameron

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Cameron lol. I don't get why someone would say Tobias's win against Ash was worse than Cameron's win against Ash. The 2v6 statement didn't really count, since Cameron just did a 3v6 in actual fact. Swanna and Ferrothorn are just fodders. Yeah, so Cameron gets the crown.

Tobias goes next. But I don't really mind, since it's still leagues better than Cameron's loss. Ritichie is giving a discount because, well, Ash got some emotional development, and the series was still in its infant stage. But 5 series into the anime and we're having Cameron... sucks.

So my ranking (worst to best)

Cameron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tobias > Ritchie > Tyson > Harrison

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
I'm not saying Cameron wasn't bad, but Tobiass was just worse for me. He's literally just a Gary-Stu character created for the sole purpose of not letting Ash win. Like everyone else, I don't have a problem with Ash not winning, but when they craft an "uber hax0r" just as a plot device to get Ash to the next region...what else am I supposed to think?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
The only thing is, Cameron's last pokemon almost for sire would have been watchog, which is arguably the weakest fully evolved pokemon of the generation, therefore prerty much wouldn't have given ash trouble at all.

diakyu

I'm not saying Cameron wasn't bad, but Tobiass was just worse for me. He's literally just a Gary-Stu character created for the sole purpose of not letting Ash win. Like everyone else, I don't have a problem with Ash not winning, but when they craft an "uber hax0r" just as a plot device to get Ash to the next region...what else am I supposed to think?
BAMBAMBAM!! This, so much this. Having Ash lose to Cameron is acceptable because he is just a regular trainer, nothing special to him. He's just like Ash (right down to mid-battle evolution hax). Tobias, on the other hand, was created to defeat Ash and for nothing else. There is literally nothing else redeeming about him. Would it of killed them to flesh him out even a little bit?

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
Tobias, on the other hand, was created to defeat Ash and for nothing else. There is literally nothing else redeeming about him. Would it of killed them to flesh him out even a little bit?

And it really shows. It didn't help that they made him out to be this "almighty" trainer who defeated everyone with only Darkrai (how come no one even mentioned him until then?)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'm gonna be that one guy who says the lost to Harrison... If Charizard can beat a Blastoise, then it should in all reality beat a Blaziken. I don't care if Ash didn't know of it's species, the fact that it had 3 Fire moves and Quick Attack just screams Charizard advantage

diakyu

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I don't understand when people say that Tobias was an even worse way to lose than Cameron. With Tobias Ash at least defeated two legendary Pokemon and even though he lost he was the second best trainer in the league as no one else managed to beat Darkrai before. Not even the 8 gym leaders that Tobias swept with Darkrai. He also made Top 4.

In the Unova League he lost to a really scatterbrain trainer whom would be in Johto waiting for the Unova League. He lost against 5 pokemon. Technically 3 as Ferrothorn and Swanna
were really dumb choices against Pignite and Pikachu. Ash only made Top 8 and it was obvious he was outclassed by the other trainers including Virgil and Dino.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
Because no one wants to invest in a main character (I don't care about him, but others do), only for an uber noob to be thrown in just to curb stomp him. And in the end, him being 2nd best didn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.