• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is the worst way Ash lost a League?

What is the worst way Ash lost a League

• Ritchie winning because Charizard disobeyed him

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Harrison winning with Blaziken

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Tyson winning with Meowth

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Tobias winning with Darkrai and Latios

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Cameron winning with 5 Pokemon

Votes: 51 54.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDragonfangirl

Meh, even though clone Ash was annoying to me I at least understood his lost back than cuz he was a newbie that was slowly starting to mature and become a better trainer, the only thing that blocked him from moving up was Charizard who wouldn't listen to him at that time.

In BW League, my gosh that was freakin horrible. Kid shouldn't have even been allowed to fight in the first place with only five Pokemon, that was the worst thing about that over all. At least follow your own dang rules!!

Kabuto

little punks!
I'd say the Johto and Sinnoh Leagues were definitely the best. (Orange League too)

All the other leagues were pretty lame.

Indigo was too barebone, and I disliked how there were no strong trainers in the league. Ritchie was weak, and had Ash's Charizard obeyed him, he probably would've won the competition no problem. Which is sad considering he was a rookie.

Hoenn League was just a snoozefest. I can't pinpoint why, it just was- I liked the battle with Katie though

And the Unova League was just a disgrace to Ash's development as a trainer. If Ash used his reserves in the Unova League (and Hoenn League), he'd have won. There always seems to be an intentional roadblock just to make Ash lose the leagues.

Johto and Sinnoh really highlighted Ash's strengths as a trainer, while giving him fair and interesting challenges. Yes, Tobias was thrown in to make Ash lose but I found it very cool to watch Ash challenge legendaries (doing better against them than any other trainer in the league)

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Cameron hands down, for a couple of reasons in my book. 5 Pokemon detail included :T (Although Ritchie comes close).

~ This was the League following right after Sinnoh, a region where Ash performed generally well as a whole.

~ Since Kanto, his tourney placements usually progressed. Top 16 -> Orange League Championship -> Top 8 -> Top 8 + Battle Frontier Championship -> Top 4. This is a step backwards.

~ Cameron was a borderline scrub, or at least he was kinda portrayed like one.

~ The rest of the League was rather dull to me, so there isn't much to salvage the quality (apart from the animation being spectacular :V)...I mean Tobias was unreasonably cheap, but the rest of the Sinnoh League was great enough for me to look past it, and Ash showed some progress in the end.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

Are we only talking about the final match-ups? (Charizard vs Pikachu, Blaziken vs Charizard, Pikachu vs Meowth, Pikachu vs Latios, Pikachu vs Lucario?).

If we are, Ash losing to Harrison was the worst.

There was no tension at all between Pikachu and Meowth's fight and it ended very quickly too.

If we're talking about the trainer Ash lost to overall, Cameron was definetly the worst. By god it was awful. Losing to 5 Pokemon would have been alright, but the fact the trainer was just mentally deficient with a severe case of head injury makes me wonder what the hell Ash is doing wrong.

IT ANNOYS ME JUST THINKING ABOUT IT WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY.

SonicX28

Cameron by far. He was practically an idiot and used a steel/bug type against a fire type and a water/flying type against an electric type. It was obvious the writers got lazy with that fight and gave an excuse for Ash to catch up. Obviously not development in Ash reaching his goal.

Geki

I'd say Ash losing to Ritchie because Charizard didn't obey him... He definitely could have won if it had listened. I don't think it was fair..

Status
Not open for further replies.