• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is this [X RMT]

Gampi

ガンピ
I really have no idea what to theme my team around, so it's just a mishmash of various things. It's just a normal battling team with a focus on defense, nothing really special. Would love suggestions that'll help make my team more consistent, but please don't suggest Pokébank.

My team has too much of a focus on physical attacks.

[TEAM REVISION AS OF 11.12.13]

707.png

Klefki @ Light Clay
Calm/Bold, Prankster
EVs: 4HP, 252Def, 252SpDef
-Light Screen
-Spikes
-Reflect
-Flash Cannon/Dazzling Gleam

306.png
306-m.png

Aggron @ Aggronite
Adamant/Careful, Rock Head
EVS: 4HP, 252Attack, 252SpDef
-Head Smash/Stone Edge/Dragon Tail
-Heavy Slam
-Earthquake
-Toxic/Thunder Wave/Hone Claws

635.png

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Modest, Levitate
EVs: 4HP, 252SpAtk, 252Speed
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Focus Blast
-Dark Pulse
-Draco Meteor

407.png

Roserade @ Choice Scarf
Modest/Timid, Natural Cure/Poison Point
EVs: 4Def, 252SpAtk, 252Speed
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

[legendary - interchangeable with Togekiss]
718.png

Zygarde @ Life Orb/Yache Berry
Adamant, Aura Break
EVs: 252HP, 252Attack, 4Speed
-Stone Edge
-Coil
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

[non-legendary - interchangeable with Zygarde]
468.png

Togekiss @ Life Orb
Modest, Serene Grace
EVs: 252HP, 252SpAtk, 4Speed
-Thunder Wave
-Dazzling Gleam
-Air Slash
-Roost

676.png

Furfrou @ Leftovers
Impish, Fur Coat
EVs: 252HP, 4Attack, 252Def
-Roar
-Sucker Punch
-U-Turn
-Toxic

Last edited:

chap196

For Hydreigon
I would rather use Surf instead of Focus Blast, it covers a bit more type and Surf is realiable. I would rather run Life Orb on Hydreigon since it covers so much type that it needs to switch move.

For Togekiss
I would use Aura Sphere instead of Roost, I know it is useful, but Steel could be your problem without it. Also I would recommend King's Rock or Leftover over Life Orb.

For Hawlucha
I would use Rock Slide instead of Steel Wing because it covers more type and Sword Dance instead of U-Turn for Attack boost, you can go for Focus Sash instead right now since Flying Gem doesn't exist and it was nerf from increasing 50% of damage to gaining 30% of damage instead.

For Archeops I wouldn't use Head Smash as it might make it uses its ability Immediately, I would use Stone Edge instead.

Hope this help

Gampi

ガンピ
For Hydreigon
I would rather use Surf instead of Focus Blast, it covers a bit more type and Surf is realiable. I would rather run Life Orb on Hydreigon since it covers so much type that it needs to switch move.

For Togekiss
I would use Aura Sphere instead of Roost, I know it is useful, but Steel could be your problem without it. Also I would recommend King's Rock or Leftover over Life Orb.

For Hawlucha
I would use Rock Slide instead of Steel Wing because it covers more type and Sword Dance instead of U-Turn for Attack boost, you can go for Focus Sash instead right now since Flying Gem doesn't exist and it was nerf from increasing 50% of damage to gaining 30% of damage instead.

For Archeops I wouldn't use Head Smash as it might make it uses its ability Immediately, I would use Stone Edge instead.

Hope this help

Fighting covers more typing than Water, sure Focus Blast has lower accuracy but it hits more things harder. Several of the types that Fighting is super effective against are also quite common, but two of the three types Water is super effective against aren't covered by Fighting. Hmm...

Whilst giving Togekiss Aura Sphere would help cover its Steel weakness, it would leave it without any form of recovery. I'm running Life Orb on it so you can understand the problem with having no recovery, and I can't run Leftovers on it since it's the item I want to use for one of the potential Pokémon.

Hawlucha is a frail Pokémon, so running Swords Dance on it would pretty much be a lost cause. Rock Slide over Steel Wing seems like a sensible choice. The gem's availability is a shaky subject, I chose it simply because it pairs well with Acrobatics and Unburden [even though Hawlucha probably dies in one hit anyway].

Archeops would probably benefit more from Stone Edge, though then there's the problem with the shaky accuracy. I'm leaning towards using Archeops over Hawlucha as it functions better as a glass cannon.

chap196

Fighting covers more typing than Water, sure Focus Blast has lower accuracy but it hits more things harder. Several of the types that Fighting is super effective against are also quite common, but two of the three types Water is super effective against aren't covered by Fighting. Hmm...

Whilst giving Togekiss Aura Sphere would help cover its Steel weakness, it would leave it without any form of recovery. I'm running Life Orb on it so you can understand the problem with having no recovery, and I can't run Leftovers on it since it's the item I want to use for one of the potential Pokémon.

Hawlucha is a frail Pokémon, so running Swords Dance on it would pretty much be a lost cause. Rock Slide over Steel Wing seems like a sensible choice. The gem's availability is a shaky subject, I chose it simply because it pairs well with Acrobatics and Unburden [even though Hawlucha probably dies in one hit anyway].

Archeops would probably benefit more from Stone Edge, though then there's the problem with the shaky accuracy. I'm leaning towards using Archeops over Hawlucha as it functions better as a glass cannon.

Togekiss can use Leftover to heal itself and it doesn't necessary need healing. Life Orb should be use by Hydreigon instead. Hawlucha currently has Focus Sash as it is impossible to get Flying Gem, you can also use Baton Pass on Hawlucha instead of Steel Wing to support your team. Archeops really need either Stone Edge or Rock Slide, Head Smash will just kill it right away by activating Defeatist, why would you be worry about Stone Edge while Focus Blast on Hydreigon has even lower accuracy. Togekiss could run King's Rock instead to increase the flinch chances of Air Slash.

Gampi

ガンピ
Togekiss can use Leftover to heal itself and it doesn't necessary need healing. Life Orb should be use by Hydreigon instead. Hawlucha currently has Focus Sash as it is impossible to get Flying Gem, you can also use Baton Pass on Hawlucha instead of Steel Wing to support your team. Archeops really need either Stone Edge or Rock Slide, Head Smash will just kill it right away by activating Defeatist, why would you be worry about Stone Edge while Focus Blast on Hydreigon has even lower accuracy. Togekiss could run King's Rock instead to increase the flinch chances of Air Slash.

I prefer running Life Orb, and Roost allows Togekiss to restore health lost from Life Orb recoil. King's Rock doesn't increase the chances of Air Slash flinching, to my knowledge.
The fanbase is throwing theories left and right about the gems avaliability, perhaps I should just run something like Aegislash instead?
Choice-locking doesn't really bother me that much, so I'm adamant about changing Hydreigon's held item.
Hawlucha is meant to be a glass cannon-y thing, so U-turn does a better job than Baton Pass, since it's not really meant to run as a support anyway. Same situation with Archeops, Stone Edge has shaky accuracy, and it wouldn't be a good glass cannon if it missed and Defeatist activates/it dies, now would it? Although to be fair, refusing to run Stone Edge on Archeops is pretty hypocritical of me since I ran the same move on my Archeops in W2 and never had a problem. Meh, might as well run Stone Edge.

EDIT: Something like this?

567.png

Archeops @ Flying Gem
Jolly, Defeatist
EVs: 4HP, 252Attack, 252Speed
-Acrobatics
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

I'm trying to run Leftovers with one of three potential 6th teammates, which I've narrowed down to either Furfrou, Aromatisse, or Sylveon [unless somebody else has a better idea].

Last edited:

Gampi

ガンピ
So, I've been thinking. For the 3rd teammate, it should either be one of these:

567.png

Archeops @ Flying Gem
Adamant/Jolly, Defeatist
EVs: 4HP, 252Attack, 252Speed
-Acrobatics
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

689.png

Barbaracle @ White Herb
Adamant, Tough Claws
EVs:
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Earthquake
- Brick Break/Cross Chop

407.png

Roserade @ Choice Scarf
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

... and for the 6th team mate I've decided on Furfrou.

676.png

Furfrou @ Leftovers
Impish, Fur Coat
EVs: 252HP, 4Attack, 252Def
-Roar
-Sucker Punch
-U-Turn
-Toxic

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Just remember that Flying Gem is not obtainable yet in X/Y.

Also, IMO, Rock Slide/Stone Edge for Barbaracle's last move.

Gampi

ガンピ
Just remember that Flying Gem is not obtainable yet in X/Y.

Also, IMO, Rock Slide/Stone Edge for Barbaracle's last move.

Eh? I thought it could be found in Reflection Cave or the fossil one forgot what it's called.

Didn't realize I'd forgotten to list a Rock move for Barbaracle.

PsiPwnage11

Changing formes :3
==Aggron==
Since it seems like it's your mega evolution I wouldn't suggest Head Smash and just used Stone Edge for STAB, although it's somewhat weaker, It can pull off some criticals if lucky. As for Heavy Slam, I would not suggest if you're up against a pretty heavy opponent and if you don't have Heavy Metal. So i'd switch it for Iron Head/Tail.

==Zygarde==
Coil and Dragon Dance do nearly the same thing and there's no point in that. I would suggest a type of STAB move like maybe Dragon Tail, Outrage (Not suggested without Persim berry/Lum berry) or Dragon Pulse even if its not a special attacker. :p

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Eh? I thought it could be found in Reflection Cave or the fossil one forgot what it's called.

nope, the only Gem available so far is the Normal Gem, found in Terminus Cave.

Gampi

ガンピ
==Aggron==
Since it seems like it's your mega evolution I wouldn't suggest Head Smash and just used Stone Edge for STAB, although it's somewhat weaker, It can pull off some criticals if lucky. As for Heavy Slam, I would not suggest if you're up against a pretty heavy opponent and if you don't have Heavy Metal. So i'd switch it for Iron Head/Tail.

==Zygarde==
Coil and Dragon Dance do nearly the same thing and there's no point in that. I would suggest a type of STAB move like maybe Dragon Tail, Outrage (Not suggested without Persim berry/Lum berry) or Dragon Pulse even if its not a special attacker. :p
I was having doubts about Head Smash being effective on Mega!Aggron anyway.

Coil and Dragon Dance on Zygarde is actually an essential part of the strategy I use with it. Essentially it becomes almost unstoppable.

nope, the only Gem available so far is the Normal Gem, found in Terminus Cave.
Ah, that explains my confusion.

Gampi

ガンピ
So I've decided to that Roserade should be the fourth teammate, seeing as Archeops isn't that good without Flying Gem and I don't want my team to become too physical-heavy, so Barbaracle is out of the question.

407.png

Roserade @ Choice Scarf
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

Any thoughts, or is Specially Offensive Choice Scarf Roserade a bad thing?

unresponsive

still in a dream, skin eater
I would give it Choice Specs (if you're set on using a Choice item) over Scarf and run a Timid nature. Natural Cure is a better overall ability as Poison Point isn't reliable and Roserade has inferior defense, and using it in conjunction with Rest is pretty fun.

If you feel up to it switch Life Orb and give Togekiss King's Rock or Leftovers. King's Rock does increase chance of flinch rate and stacks with Serene Grace; it bumps it up to 70% I think.