• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is up with Bounce?

PokeBobb

VGC Enthusiast
Why do people use Bounce? It's a 2-turn move, and if anybody starts to use it, you can switch out if need be. Seems pretty stupid.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Because even if you switch out it'll still hit?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Besides, it's hilarious imagining a Gyarados suddenly bouncing up and crushing an opponent.

PokeBobb

VGC Enthusiast
Yeah, but they can switch to a Steel or something.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Yeah, but they can switch to a Steel or something.

And if they switch to a Steel the pokemon still gets hurt anyways.

Damage is damage.

TomChomp

Yea, but what if they don't?

celibi88

robochu=win
it has a chance of paralyzing?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
people us bounce and they say fly sucks.................

To be honest, I think this thread is a repeat of 2PacMon's Entei thread; the TC asks a question that isn't really true.

I mean, Fly does more damage then Bounce, has more PP, and has a better hit rate. However, both moves generally aren't used because I don't think people use Flying type moves that often other then Roost, Air Cutter, and Aerial Ace.

The only thing Bounce has is that some pokemon who can't learn Fly can learn it and that it can paralyze.

Gyarados is the only pokemon that really uses Bounce competitively as it is his only STAB flying move, also a 252Atk/252spe Jolly LO at +1 can OHKO a Bold 252HP/252Def Celebi (one of Gyarados' biggest counters)

So yeah Bounce does have a purpose xD

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
Only the worst move ever, worse than splash

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Why do people use Bounce? It's a 2-turn move, and if anybody starts to use it, you can switch out if need be. Seems pretty stupid.

The same can be said about Dig, Fly, Shadow Force, Sky Attack, Solar Beam (unless you use it in sunny weather), and Skull Bash, among others.

Also, why does it matter if they switch?

Only the worst move ever, worse than splash

Care to elaborate on your criticism?

Last edited:
I was expecting a cheesy joke. :p And I guess people ues it because they want to or something.

Katipunero

Eye in the Sky
Bounce,Fly,Dive,Dig can save you if your health is low for at least a turn or two.It also wastes your opponent's moves if it goes first and last.

Jb

Tsun in the streets

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I remember reading a moveset with Politoed using this, Perish Song, Hypnosis, and Surf. It was all about making the opponent switch so if you set down (Toxic) Spikes/Stealth Rock, it'll rack up damage.

Plus 30% Paralysis is never bad.