• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is/will be your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grei

not the color
^ I would consider replacing Scolipede. It's cool and all, but as a Poison type it's horribly useless. Zebstrika/Galvantula/Eelektross being in that place would benefit you, methinks.

Awesome signature image, by the way.

I'm thinking of using Emboar, Seismitoad, Galvantula, Whimsicott, Cofagrigus, and Crustle. Also Haxorus, Zoroark and Emolga as backups.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Ok, so this is my almost final Black Team:

Main Team:
155.gif
Flamethrower, Eruption, Wild Charge, (Rotate Flame Charge & Dig Via TMs)

505.gif
Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, (Work Up, Psych Up, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Protect), (Low Kick, Return, Slam, Mean Look) [Watchog will act as my main rotator for when I need to use an HM move outside of battle from one of my reserves]

497.gif
Leaf Tornado, Leaf Blade, Coil Around, Dragon Tail

628.gif
Fly, Superpower, Brave Bird, Crush Claw/U-turn
OR
630.gif
Fly, Brave Bird, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot

558.gif
X-Scissor, Rock Wrecker, Shell Smash, Earthquake

592_f.gif
Surf, Blizzard, Hex, Scald/Water Spout

Reserves:
545.gif
Cut, Poison Jab, Megahorn, Hard Roller

526.gif
Stone Edge, Strength, Substitute, Solarbeam

528.gif
Heart Stamp, Air Slash, Flash, Hyper Beam

614.gif
Icicle Drop, Dive, Brick Break, Ice Breath

603.gif
Zap Cannon, Acid Bomb, Crunch, U-Turn

586.gif
Camouflage, Horn Leech, Double Kick, Aromatherapy/Energy Ball/Natural Gift

I'm open to commetns & criticism. I especially need help deciding between Braviary and Mandibuzz based on my main team and reserves

Last edited:

Wildfyre

X + Y, get pumped!
MrMuchlax, you may know that Braviary is exclusive to white and mandibuzz is to black. also Braviary is an attacker and Mandibuzz is a tank.

xxDUNE

^ I would consider replacing Scolipede. It's cool and all, but as a Poison type it's horribly useless. Zebstrika/Galvantula/Eelektross being in that place would benefit you, methinks.

I figured someone would say that. I kinda wanted to use a Bug Pokemon for once since I never have and since he's supposed to be decent, plus I love his design. Hmm, well maybe I'll switch him for Galvantula so I still keep that Bug in there. But Galvantula is the worst of those 3 isn't it?

And thanks. I just made it up today. Wanted something different then just sprites in a line.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
MrMuchlax, you may know that Braviary is exclusive to white and mandibuzz is to black . .

Yes I do, but I have plans to get a Rufflet egg early on in the game through a trade months ago & I'm sure I can get the same thing wihth Vullaby |(

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I figured someone would say that. I kinda wanted to use a Bug Pokemon for once since I never have and since he's supposed to be decent, plus I love his design. Hmm, well maybe I'll switch him for Galvantula so I still keep that Bug in there. But Galvantula is the worst of those 3 isn't it?

And thanks. I just made it up today. Wanted something different then just sprites in a line.

They all have their pros and cons.
Galvantula is handy because of the Bug typing, which is handy against the plethora of Psychic types and the Dark type Pokemon as well. Also, CompoundEyes coupled with Thunder is pretty good.
Eelektross is good due to its zero weaknesses. It and Zebstrika have a vast movepool. Zebstrika is useful as you catch it just after the first gym, if I recall correctly.
So it's really up to you.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

In no way does having a Poison type make a Pokémon useless. If you want to use Scolipede, by all means use one. It's fast, it's powerful, and it will never get poisoned by anything.

Yuphie

Novice Shiny Hunter
Currently i'm chosing my team based on looks. so far i'm thinking of having a combination of;

• Jellicent (Male)
  • Lilligant
  • Sawsbuck
  • Reuniclus
  • Mienshao
  • Chandelure
  • Bisharp
  • Braviary

I think out of those Jellicent, Lilligant and Mienshao are definates. I've never used a fighting type except for Blaziken because i've never really liked the design of most of them. Also will most likely have Braviary but i hear you get them quite late in the game? So, if you get Fly, before you get Braviary, (never played the games so not sure what appears when) i'll probably use Unfezant temporarily just for ease of travel.

As for the others i'm not sure, i love little Reuniclus so it could also be a member. It would only be for in game play not for wifi battles or anything, so that's why i always just go for who i like, rather than who is the best. ^^

Edit: Also quite like Eelektross and Beartic.

Last edited:

WhiteForest

~Dumbledore's Army~
The definite members of my team are:
Lilligant
Chandelure

The members of my team on probation are:
Sigilyph
Vanilluxe
Seismitoad
Galvantula

Out of these 4 who do I keep and who do I toss?

I have never made a team on pen & paper before,Normally just caught stuff when i went along,My team below will be in game and maybe a few Wi-Fi battles,So tell me what you guys think & how I can improve thanks :) (1st time bothering with natures too)

Spr_5b_503.png

Nature:Any Neutral
Attacks:Swords Dance/Surf
Aqua Tail
Slash/Surf
Icebeam

Spr_5b_512.png

Attacks:Seed Bomb
Shadow Claw
?
?

Spr_5b_530.png

Nature:Adamant
Attacks:Sandstorm
Rockslide
Earthquake
Aerial Ace

Spr_5b_596.png

Nature:Modest
Attacks:Light Screen
Discharge
Bug Buzz
Thunder Wave

Spr_5b_567.png

Nature:Adamant
Attacks: Dragon Claw
U-Turn
Rockslide
Fly

Spr_5b_631.png

Attacks:Flamethrower
Slash
Dig
Protect

Please remember I am a complete Noob at this and I have like a 10% clue of what I am doing.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
@Psychic Silver

Samurott - It's my starter, so I have nothing bad to say about it

Simisage - If you want a grass type, I really don't recommend this one. Its stats really aren't good, and its move set isn't amazing either. Maybe if there were fewer grass types this gen I would like this, but if you want a grass type I suggest something like Lilligant or Sawsbuck

Excadrill - I've heard that this thing is amazing and its stats are great, so nothing really to say for this one

Galvantula - While its stats aren't amazing, it has a nice type combo which allows it to learn a large variety of moves. Pretty good choice for an electric type

Archeops - I'm using this on my team, so of course I love this one

Heatmor - Its stats and moves are pretty good, but I'm just warning you that you can't get this until Victory Road, so in-game it will only be useful for the Elite 4.

For someone who claims they're a complete noob, I actually really like this team.

@Psychic Silver

Samurott - It's my starter, so I have nothing bad to say about it

Simisage - If you want a grass type, I really don't recommend this one. Its stats really aren't good, and its move set isn't amazing either. Maybe if there were fewer grass types this gen I would like this, but if you want a grass type I suggest something like Lilligant or Sawsbuck

Excadrill - I've heard that this thing is amazing and its stats are great, so nothing really to say for this one

Galvantula - While its stats aren't amazing, it has a nice type combo which allows it to learn a large variety of moves. Pretty good choice for an electric type

Archeops - I'm using this on my team, so of course I love this one

Heatmor - Its stats and moves are pretty good, but I'm just warning you that you can't get this until Victory Road, so in-game it will only be useful for the Elite 4.

For someone who claims they're a complete noob, I actually really like this team.

Thanks for the complement,I suppose I can swap the Grass Monkey for a Torterra or Sceptile in the future,Im not to keen on the other grass pokemon in the 5th gen.

Last edited:

Saturdays

Thanks for the complement,I suppose I can swap the Grass Monkey for a Torterra or Sceptile in the future,Im not to keen on the other grass pokemon in the 5th gen.

If that's what you want to do in the long run that's fine, but unfortunately, you cannot catch nor trade any pokemon from gen 1-4 until after you have defeated the Elite Four, so plan accordingly.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
I've decided to evolve my Poliwhirl later in my Black playthrough, most likely after the elite 4.

So now my English Black team will be:

-Venasaur (shiny) [as my starter since I only like Serperior and I already have a trained one on White]
-Politoed
-Mandibuzz
-Zoroark (shiny)
-Manectric (shiny)
-Chandelure

THa pkmn masta

Master Trainer
soul silver:Jackson
team:

Status
Not open for further replies.