• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is/will be your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monochromatic

A.k.a: Nemo
I love Scarfty because of the fact that he kicks the E4's butts.

Immune to Psychic, resists Ghosts and Dark, but takes x2 from Fighting. But you can also counter fighting with Chandelure, or Sigilyph, or Swoobat, ect ect.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Well, right now, your current 5 are super effective against everything except Dark, Fighting and Normal. I don't think there's one Pokemon that is super effective against all three of those types, but if you choose a Fighting type as your sixth, then your team is only weak against Fighting.

Umbra2388

Electric trainer
As you can see in my signature.....

WhiteForest

~Dumbledore's Army~
If only there was a good psychic-fighting in 5th gen. Oh well I am going to go pick out a nice fighting type. Conkeldurr looks great but his movepool is also not great

Umbra2388

Electric trainer
If only there was a good psychic-fighting in 5th gen. Oh well I am going to go pick out a nice fighting type. Conkeldurr looks great but his movepool is also not great

Hi! What starter will you choose?

WhiteForest

~Dumbledore's Army~
I am going to choose snivy but I am going to put it in my pc as soon as I get my desired team. I want my team to be original and EVERYONE has a starter in their team. I dont want to have a pokemon everyone else has, i want to make a creative team.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Conkeldurr looks great but his movepool is also not great

That's the reason I didn't go with it and instead chose Sawk (it can learn Brick Break through level up, so I don't have to wait until the seventh gym to get it by TM)

Dark7

Aura Trainer
After doing a lot of thinking about what will be my main team for pokemon black, I decided on these ones:

Emboar: I always choose the fire type starter pokemon.

Unfezant: I like choosing the regional bird everytime there is a new generation of pokemon

Excadrill: I like how it has good typing, good moveset and it looks cool.

Jellicent: Reminds me of Tentacruel. And a decent water type pokemon

Zoroark: An Awesome Dark type pokemon, its ability is fun to use.

Haxorus: The only Dragon type evolved pokemon in the whole game. And i like its pre evolution Axew.

WhiteForest

~Dumbledore's Army~
Sawk does look promising. I like meinshao a LOT but he doesnt come till the 7th gym >.< I am looking at all the fighting now

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Sawk does look promising. I like meinshao a LOT but he doesnt come till the 7th gym >.< I am looking at all the fighting now

Another reason I'm choosing Sawk is I usually like to have a Pokemon that's super effective against the gym leader I'm about to face. You can find Sawk in Pinwheel Forest, so if I skip a few trainers and then catch Sawk, I can go battle those trainers and have it at a high enough level by the time I face Lenora.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Samurott - my starter
Lilligant - I personally don't like grass types, but this one seems pretty good
Excadrill - heard great things and has good stats
Chandelure - I've mentioned my positive comments about this Pokemon a bunch of times here
Hydreigon - I personally don't like using pseudo-legendaries, but it's definitely powerful
Reuniclus - a great psychic type, and one of the few reasons why I would ever choose White over Black

Overall, this isn't my type of team, but the Pokemon you've chosen are definitely great.

Wildfyre

X + Y, get pumped!
haha thnx, ya still deciding between Haxorus and Hydreigon, and if i get Haxorus ill replace Chandelure/Lilligant with Scrafty, cuz i like dark types and am starting to not like chandelure.

Wailord_2

This is a User Title
Only two pokes I know I will use
1. Serperior I have finally decided to use the grass starter!
2. Zekrom Yeah I'm one of those losers who always uses the legendary

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
haha thnx, ya still deciding between Haxorus and Hydreigon, and if i get Haxorus ill replace Chandelure/Lilligant with Scrafty, cuz i like dark types and am starting to not like chandelure.

I would replace Lilligant. Scrafty has an awesome type combo, and the grass type really isn't all that useful.

WhiteForest

~Dumbledore's Army~
What is the general opinion on scrafty? He seems pretty nice but his moves dont jump out at me

EDIT: about lilligant - im choosing her because she has a great moveset with her ability own tempo.
butterfly dance - raises special attack and speed a lot
petal dance - shoots petals for main stab attack. its very powerful so you become confused. (own tempo ability prevents confusion though)
hidden power - secondary attack move
sleep powder - use this to stall while you set up with butterfly dance

If you get the right nature, ability, evs, and moves, then lilligant is a beast

Last edited:

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Ya, the move problem is what stopped me from choosing him. I was considering Scrafty for a very long time, but I just couldn't get passed its very mediocre move set. But I'm pretty sure a lot of people like it because it only has two weaknesses, no quadruple weaknesses, is immune to psychic and resists ghost and dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.