• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is/will be your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaming Panda

Im'a panda on fire!
TrainerCard.png

Sazando
~ Timid/Modest
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Surf

Urugamosu (Flame Body)
~ Timid/Modest
-Fire Dance/Flamethrower
-Bug Buzz
-Gale
-Butterfly Dance/Protect

Pendoora (Poison Point)
~ Adamant/Jolly
-Megahorn
-Poison Jab/Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance

Zeburaika (Motor Drive)
~ Adamant/Jolly
-Wild Bolt
-Nitro Charge
-Thunder Wave
-Agility/Return

Abagoora (Solid Rock)
~ Adamant/Impish
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Crunch/Aqua Jet

Ononokusu (Mold Breaker)
~ Jolly
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance
-Rock Slide

I higlhy recomend that you get a good check for ice types since ice beam is very common these days and none of your pokes are really safe to switch in, excluding the fire moth. kinda weak to ground to as it hits both the turtle and shamima/wtv its called for SE damage and earthquake is carried by like 3 pokes in a team now.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
As per my sig:
Jaroda - It's a regal snakey thingy.
Zeburaika - It's a spiky, evil-looking zebra.
Aakeosu - IT'S AN ARCHAEOPTERYX :DDD
Denchura - It's a yellow electric tarantula. Also I want to hug it. And I shall name it Boris.
Shandera - GHOST/FIRE TYPE HELL YEAH IT'S ABOUT BLOODY TIME.
Sazandora - Dark/Dragon? Yes please. Also three heads.

This is what I'm leaning towards right now anyway. It could change. I would also consider Leperdasu, Warubiaru, Desukaan, Zoroark, Gochiruzeru, Ononokusu or Goruugu. Also, in one game, Jaroda will be replaced by Daikenki.

Blazios

Gigaiasu - Attack and Def same as Metagross? I'm using it.
Rankurusu - Great Special Attack, looks cool.
Doryuuzu - Finally, a mole that I can name Monty.
Desukan - Plain awesome
Gigigear - See Desukan
Jaroda/Hihidaruma - Eh, 6th slot

Last edited:

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
How do you guys cover your HMs?

I'll normally Slave one for the more useless ones, but for the most part I'll just throw Strength, Surf and all the important ones on a main team member.

EDIT: Also note that there's only 6 HMs this time around, and they're all fairly decent attacks.

I highly recomend that you get a good check for ice types since ice beam is very common these days and none of your pokes are really safe to switch in, excluding the fire moth. kinda weak to ground to as it hits both the turtle and shamima/wtv its called for SE damage and earthquake is carried by like 3 pokes in a team now.

His Turtle can have Solid Rock as a choice ability cutting Super Effective moves in half and is a Water/Rock type cutting Ice Beam in half. Teamed up with his fire moth he has two viable defenders in his team from an Ice Beamer. Maybe 3 with his Dragon Dancer if he pulls of a Rock Slide strong and fast enough before the other guy, but wouldn't take the chance myself without boosting beforehand otherwise it's a gamble like playing chicken. For the most part I don't see much of a problem on his team as it seems like just an in-game team to me unless I'm mistaken.

and shamima... no idea what you mean.

Edit:

How do you guys cover your HMs?
I'll normally Slave one for the more useless ones, but for the most part I'll just throw Strength, Surf and all the important ones on a main team member.

I do the same. Sure it leaves the pokemon scarred for life being kept in a cold dark pc but somepokebody has to be the slave.

Last edited:

Storm Is Pro

The Black Guy
Yeah i Know theres only 6 now but the problem is still as always having 3 water hms demanding my only water poke have these 3 moves or me having 2 water pokes to stick these hms on if they were to have decent movepools. I like to use 6 pokes and fit the hms in somewhere so i dont have to be switching out so much.

But i heard that dive and waterfall are after the elite 4 so maybe i shouldnt have to worry that much?

Storm Is Pro

The Black Guy
Yeah i Know theres only 6 now but the problem is still as always having 3 water hms demanding my only water poke have these 3 moves or me having 2 water pokes to stick these hms on if they were to have decent movepools. I like to use 6 pokes and fit the hms in somewhere so i dont have to be switching out so much.

But i heard that dive and waterfall are after the elite 4 so maybe i shouldnt have to worry that much?

altariaking

SPPF is friendly.
I....have no idea. There are just so many amazing Pokemon to choose from. I'll most likely be using Daikenki, Shanderaa, Denchura, Onnonokusu, flying type, grass type. Not sure on the last two, but I'll most likely be using the others.

(see signature)
love it :D Although I think you replace froslass for another dual ghost type. Other than spiritomb and giratina there is drifblim (ghost/flying) . Also IMO mismagius is nice to as its more offensive than duskinor =]

Silver Flame

Steel Trainer
Well, My White Team is in my sig, but heres what I currently plan to use.

Daikenki - Pretty Awesome looking Poke. I've loved the idea of an otter pokemon from the beginning, though at first, I didn't care for what it evolved into. However, now that I've gotten used to it a little, it looks awesome. Its not too fast, but its Offenses are both pretty good.

Ononokusu - This thing is a beast!!! He looks absolutely strong and he is. Can't get him till kinda late, but I don't mind, having played with Garchomp and Lucario on my first diamond playthrough.

Zeburaika - When I first saw the zebra, It was immediately one of my favorites, I got a little worried when the one in that video couldn't kill the Mijumaru with Wild Bolt. But he evolved, and he has great speed and pretty good attack. His movepool was a bit shallow and disappointing, but he'll do just fine for getting thru the game.

Doryuuzu - Of Course I have this mole. Hes so amazing, so why not? Another Pokemon that I've loved since I first saw it, I guessed the right type and everything. While that wasn't that hard, I was extremely happy when I found out how awesome hes really going to be. I'm very excited to try him out competitively after I beat the game.

Hihidaruma - When I first saw him, I thought he was a little quirky. But After looking at him for a while, I decided that I really liked him. Oh, and guess what? Hes Pretty dang good too. Hes got a decent amount of speed on him, and hes got an amazing attack. Don't care much for his alternate form, though I do think its kinda funny.

Wargle - Wow, Just wow. This thing has one of the best designs ever! How appropiate that we finally get and Eagle Pokemon, based on a Native American Design, in the Colors of AMERICA?!!! I was a little disapointed with his stats though. Hes just a bit too slow I think, and he doesn't have the best movepool around. But he still Looks awesome, so he'll do great for a playthrough. BTW, Yeah, thats the shiny sprite. I don't plan to go out of my way to look for a shiny one, but I really like its shiny form. It looks plenty awesome normally, but I like blue more than red, so its kinda nice that its shiny has the blue as the dominate color.

Hi! I'm still unsure about my team but I'd like some advice.
(I don't know the jap names, I never actually try to know them, so I used the ones I know and the rest is in... aproximations and hints)

Desukan
563.png
Sazando
635.png

and Rankurusu
579.png

will certainly be part of it as I just love them.

For the starter I don't know if I pick Jaroda
497.png

or Dakeinki
503.png
but I more inclined to the water one, event though I love Jaroda designs.

As for the other two my options are:
the Electric-Lamprey,
the Ground/Dark-Crocodile,
Hihidaruma, Chandelar,
Gorog,
Water-Fossil-Turtle (in case I pick Jaroda),
the Psychich-Bat,
the Bug/Grass,
the Water/Ghost,
Bug/Electric-Spider.

I would like if somebody advised me in what kind of pokemon I should pick and if possible tell me if any of the above is good, thank you.

well based on the ones you mentioned I believe:
Daikenki (water starter)
warubiaru (ground/dark)
shandera (fire/ghost)
denchura (electric/bug) or Shibirudon (electric)
rankurusu (physic)

as for the last part I suggest a flying type or one that can learn fly. Sazando works well but since you alreday have a dark type maybe a normal/flying type like Wargle or kenhoru might appeal to you. Also there is always Aakeosu (rock/flying)

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I realised that even though I've pretty much decided on my team I haven't really detailed why I picked them or what moves I'm considering.

1.png

Bulbasaur
- Leaf Storm
- Energy Ball
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb

It's my favourite Pokemon so of course it's going to be in my team. I'm currently creating this Bulbasaur's moveset in Heart Gold (I just need Energy Ball which I'll get from Platinum). I figured I'd do something different from the usual Razor Leaf and Vine Whip move set. I decided Leaf Storm and Energy Ball would be good replacements and threw in Sludge Bomb for good measure and to represent the fact it's part poison.

502.png

Futachimaru
- Shell Blade
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam (or Blizzard)
- Hydro Pump

I've been fond of otters since I was a little boy before Pokemon even existed. I've always wanted for there to be an otter Pokemon (Buizel came close) and Futachimaru is just the Pokemon I wanted. While Aqua Jet may not be the strongest move it's speed has been useful to me in the past.

631.png

Kuitaran
- Bursting Flame
- Purgatory
- Flamethrower
- Giga Impact

Out of this generation's Fire types this is my favourite. This was the latest Pokemon I added to the team since I decided as much as I like Onondo it didn't seem right with the rest of the team and I really needed a fire type.

571.png

Zoroark
- Night Burst
- Night Slash
- Shadow Ball
- Ankle Sweep

I'm sure either the Celebi or legendary beasts event will arrive via Wi-fi before Black and White comes to the UK and this will be the result of that. Picking a move set was tricky but I think it suits Zoroark.

579.png

Rankurusu
- Psycho Shock
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Flash Cannon

This was the Pokemon that made me decide to chose White version (though since then I've decided to get both versions). Not really going to be looking forward to training it's basic and middle stage though.

630.png

Barujiina
- Air Slash
- Dark Pulse
- Aerial Ace
- Fly

I was hoping we'd get a vulture Pokemon and so of course it had to be in my team. It being exclusive to Pokemon Black helped me decide to get both versions. Considering I already have Zoroark as my main Dark type I gave it's flying type moves more attention.

I think I'm quite satisfied with this result.

Grei

not the color
I don't like using HM slaves. It's more fun thinking that your entire team helps you traverse a region's landscape, to me anyway.

Airride_Master

UPDATED WITH MOVES!
567.png

Aakeosu=Archie
I chose this Guy because he's a decent flier,and has amazing Attack. That ability Hurts though. :/
Moves: U-Turn,Rock Slide,Fly,Swords Dance/Crunch
579.png

Rankurusu=Globip
Great Abilities(Going for Magic Guard), Good Sp. Attack, and good moves. The Speed hurts >.<
Moves:Future Sight,Energy Ball/Psycho Shock,Recover,Shadow Ball
596.png

Denchura=Tartantura
Another Great ability(Compoundeyes), Nice Sp. Attack and Speed, and has a decent Movepool.
Moves:Sucker Punch,Discharge/Thunder,Bug Buzz,Charge Beam
623.png

Goruggo=Idost
I thought he looked cool, and he has some nice stats.
Moves:Hammer Arm,Earthquake,Strength,Heavy Bomber
552.png

Warubiru=Saginator
A great ability, and some nice moves and stats.
Moves:Earthquake,Trickery,Bulk-Up,Brick Breack
611.png

Onondo=Onondox
(Best. Ever.)Mold breaker,Huge Attack(For a 1st stage), and Level up Outrage make this guy AWESOME he is the Main pokemon of my team.
Moves:Outrage,Dragon Dance,Slash,Giga Impact

Last edited:

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
My updated team with moves, I should have good type coverage here.
545.png
Toxic, Iron Defense, Megahorn, Earthquake.
537.png
Aquaring, Surf, Drain Punch, Level Ground
561.png
Calm Mind, Psychic, Air Slash/Fly, Ice Beam
604.png
Wild Volt, Coil, Dragon Tail, Crunch
598.png
Curse, Thunderwave, Powerwhip, Gyroball
609.png
Will-o-wisp, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.