• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is/will be your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurath8

REVISED AND EDITED

Pokemon White Team
Jaroda
497.png

In my opinion, the only Starter that wasn't killed by its Evo, so it had to go on here. Moveset = Coil, Leaf Blade, Light Screen, Toxic
Ability = Overgrow

Hiyakki
516.png

Free Pokemon with the bonus of not sucking in Stats. Win. Moveset = Boiling Water, Ice Beam, Cheer Up, Brick Break
Ability = Gluttony

Denchura
596.png

One of those Pokemon that you loved from the start. And 95 accuracy Thunder with a couple of other cool moves make for an excellent choice. Moveset = Thunder, Bug Buzz, Agility, Sucker Punch
Ability = Compoundeyes

Hihidaruma
555.png

See above. Moveset = Flare Blitz/Fire Punch, Cheer Up/Belly Drum, Superpower, Stone Edge
Ability = Encourage

Warubiaru
553.png

See above, or see 2 above. But either way, the message is the same. Moveset = Outrage, Earthquake, Crunch/Trickery, Scary Face/Sandstorm
Ability = Overconfidence

Wargle
628.png

Wow -_- this is repetitive, see above, again. Moveset = Superpower, Brave Bird, Thrash, Tailwind
Ability = Encourage

Pokemon Black Team
Daikenki
503.png

My buddy and I decided that we would work it out that we would be able to get all the Starters between the two of us, and since we both decided to get Tsutarja for at least one of them, we split up the other two by the ones that we wanted. Don't get me wrong, I'm still not too keen on this guy's looks, but I really loved Mijumaru, so I went with this guy. Moveset = Swords Dance, Megahorn, Waterfall, Aqua Jet
Ability = Torrent

Baokki
514.png

Similar to Hiyakki, except that otherwise, my team would be missing one of the two Fire-apes of this Gen. Moveset = Yawn, Grass Knot, Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Bursting Flame, Crunch
Ability = Gluttony

Zeburaika
523.png

In the effort to keep my incontinuity between the two games going, I decided to go with this guy. He actually has a good movepool, supposing that Nitro Charge is Physical. And even if it isn't strong, it still helps with getting some pretty good sweeping going. Moveset = Wild Bolt, Nitro Charge, Agility/Pursuit, Volt Change/Thrash
Ability = Motor Drive

Kojondo
620.png

This thing is like some sort of really cool cat thing. I love it, and I had needed to get rid of Basurao, but I really like this thing. It's so cool, and is very good, competitively. Moveset(I've been waiting to do this one, it'll been annoying as *#*#) = Swords Dance, Force Palm/Drain Punch, U-Turn, Stone Edge
Aekeosu
567.png

This guy is going to be a beast. I can't wait to have him on my team. Moveset = Stone Edge, Agility, U-Turn, Aerial Ace
Ability = Faint Hearted

Mebukijika
586.png

I like this guy, a lot. Plus, I needed a Grass-Type. Moveset = Wood Horn, Megahorn, Jump Kick, Thunder Wave
Ability = Herbivore or Chlorophyll

Comment if you want.

The team looks good. Put Volt Change and Enegy Ball on Denchura. Also Thunder has 100 accuracy. (FTW!)
Return on Wargle
Brick Break on Kojondo.
Earthquake on Aekuoso.
Waterfall OR Aqua Jet on Daikenki.

That's about it. We really need a 5th gen IGRMT before I go mad.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well my party got a serious update from the team I had about a day ago lol. I leveled up quite a bit thanks to the random trainers encountered in the routes and the Electric Rock Cave and some random wild Pokemon battles in those special double battle patches of grass on the way to Sekka City. I also did some training in Raimon City's sports arenas at night against some soccer players and tennis players. Here's my current party. I'm about to head on out to the 8th Gym City since I've just defeated Hachiku in Sekka City. If any one has any suggestions then please feel free to share; I'll do anything to beat the Gym Leaders without too much of a hassle :)

Current team (White):
-Daikenki level 49 w/Quick Claw
-Baokki level 45 w/Charcoal
-Doreida level 45 w/Miracle Seed
-Kenhorou level 46 w/Sharp Beak
-Zeburaika level 45 w/Blackglasses
-Muurando level 45 w/Amulet Coin

Aurath8

My team will be:

500.png
512.png
528.png
553.png
565.png
596.png

And Thunder has 95% Accuracy?! Thanks GameFreak!

100% jeez.
I'm seeing a lot of Ancient Turtles and Electric Spiders. I guess jellyfish and toads are highly inferior to Solid Rock.
And 100 accurate Thunder is also desirable.

redroses

I am slowly starting to plan my first team, which can be seen in my sig.

I will be making myself two teams, maybe one for black the other for white? Or just for my second playthrough. Anyway, for my second team I will breed myself a Sazando and then trade it over to my other game. So Sazando can be in a way my "starter" pokemon.

Trading between versions is able after 1.gym?

Either way, it's still very hard to make the perfect team at the moment, because I go very much by how the pokemon look and how much I like them. So I might have to wait for Sugimori art before I can finally decide. But the one currently in my signature I like very much.

Aurath8

Another moveset update.
Emboar
-Cheer Up
-Flamethrower
-Brick Break
-Wild Bolt
An alternative to the BulkUp set.

Yanakki
-Energy Ball
-Crunch
-Brick Break
-Cheer Up
It's hard to get used to infinite TMs.

Goroogu - Iron Man
-Earthquake
-Shadow Punch
-Hammer Arm/Brick Break
-Fly(Seriously, it can Fly)

Smashes people about with his fighting moves, stealthily KOs with Shadow Punch and PWNs with EQ. He then Flies off silently in true Iron Man fashion.
If only he could learn transform.(I think I can see where I'm going with this)

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
My Black Team is in my Signature.
Any comments welcome(I will have Black and my Hubby will have white so feel free to suggest any pokemon)

May I suggest moves for your team?

Kokoromori
Fly – in game usable or Air Slash
Calm mind
Psychic
Charge Beam - raises sp atk

Warubiaru
Bulk up – get atk & Def going
Earthquake
Crunch
Rock slide/stone edge

Reparudasu
Night slash
Fake Out
Nasty Plot
Grass Knot

Ononokusu
Dragon Claw/Outrage
X-scissors
Brick Break
Poison Jab/Shadow Claw/Sword Dance

Jaroda
Calm Mind – get it’s spk ATK & sp DEF going
Leaf Storm/Grass Mixer
Coil – get it’s ATK & DEF going
Dragon Tail

Shandera
Willowisp
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball - covers water weakness

Also your team can't learn many water type attacks so maybe you should put in 1 water person. Ononokusu can learn surf, but his sp atk is low so I don't think it's wroth it on him. Just my suggestions though.

Slimslamer -After much deliberation, I think I've finally decided my (first) team: What are your thoughts?

Cool may I suggest some moves?
Jaroda
Calm Mind – get it’s spk ATK & sp DEF going
Leaf Storm/Grass Mixer
Coil – get it’s ATK & DEF going
Dragon Tail

Rankurusu
Calm Mind
Focust Blast
Psychic/Psycho Shock
Energy Ball

Hihidaruma
Flare Blitz/Fire Punch
Hammer Arm/Super Power
Rock Slide
Bulk up – get ATK & Def up

Abagoora
Surf/AquaTail/Aqua jet.
Curse
Earthquake
Ice Beam

Denchura
Charge Beam – raises sp atk or Electra Ball
Bug Buz/Bug Opposition/Signal Beam
Thunder Wave
Agility/Electra Net

Zuruzukin
Bulk up
High Jump Kick
Crunch/Payback
Head Smash

Just my suggestions, you may also need a flyer if you plan on using an in game team.

defex369

This is my tentative White team. Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Jaroda
Overgrow
-Swords Dance/Coil Up
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Tail
-Leech Seed

Urgamoth (Mothra)
Flame Body
-Butterfly Dance
-Overheat
-Bug Buzz
-Solarbeam?

Iwaparesu
Sturdy
-Rock Polish
-Stealth Rock
-X-Scissor
-Rock Slide

Burunkeru
Not sure which to use
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Boiling Water/Surf
-Recover

Rankurusu
Magic Guard
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Recover
-Calm Mind

Zuruzkin
Overconfidence
-Brick Break
-Zen Headbutt
-Rock Slide
-Bulk Up

Slimslamer

I was thinking Aqua Tail, Shell Break, Earthquake and rock slide for Abagoora, but Ice beam is worth taking into consideration.

As for flier/surfer, those will be saved for some HM slave. I'll probably just catch a swana or something along the way.

Also, doesn't encourage not prevent speed loss from hammer arm? I thought it only prevented postive secondary effects. If so, it's a nice idea, but I'd rather use brick break, a hihidaruma with low speed is a sitting duck.

Edit: I'm definitly going to use that Jaroda build, with the only exception being replacing Coil with Glare. If he already has calm mind, I don't see much of a reason to have coil.

Last edited:

Tasogare

I think I'm going to go ahead and change my Abagoora with Burungeru. It's slightly more appealing to me then the ancient turtle. Plus, I don't ever recall a Water-Ghost type. Of course, there probably is one. My memory is bad. xP

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Edit: I'm definitly going to use that Jaroda build, with the only exception being replacing Coil with Glare. If he already has calm mind, I don't see much of a reason to have coil.

Sure, I was just thinking since both Jaroda's sp def and def are high, coil & calm mind would raise both defenses while also raising both it's sp atk and atk since they're both even. It could make him a defensive as well as offensive monster.

Aurath8

This is my tentative White team. Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Jaroda
Overgrow
-Swords Dance/Coil Up
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Tail/Substitute
-Leech Seed

Fine but a Subseeder never hurts.

Urgamoth (Mothra)
Flame Body
-Butterfly Dance
-Flamethrower
-Bug Buzz
-Solarbeam?

This is pretty much all the moth gets.

Iwaparesu
Sturdy
-Rock Polish
-Stealth Rock
-X-Scissor
-Rock Slide

Fine for competitive battling.

Burunkeru
Not sure which to use
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Boiling Water/Surf
-Recover

Fine.

Rankurusu
Magic Guard
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Recover
-Calm Mind/Shadow Ball

Shadow Ball for ghosts but fine without.

Zuruzkin
Overconfidence
-Brick Break
-Zen Headbutt/Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Bulk Up

Fighting + Dark gets absurd coverage.

Comments in Bold. This thread is turning into an rate my team.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
I think I'm going to go ahead and change my Abagoora with Burungeru. It's slightly more appealing to me then the ancient turtle. Plus, I don't ever recall a Water-Ghost type. Of course, there probably is one. My memory is bad. xP

Nope, Burunkeru's a new type combo. I usually love Ghost -types, as well as Water-types, but I just don't know why I don't like Burunkeru. D:

bleeding-chocobo

On Cloud Nine
I wanan use Wargle really bad, but it's exclusive to White...:[ I guess I could trade for it, but if not, any suggestions as to what would be a good replacement for it?

Aurath8

I wanan use Wargle really bad, but it's exclusive to White...:[ I guess I could trade for it, but if not, any suggestions as to what would be a good replacement for it?

Goroogu learns Fly.
Errr...
Kenhourou's not so bad with Super luck.
Errr...
Aekeosu is powerful like Wargle.
Errr...
Emonga and Kokoromori are fast.
Errrrrrrrrrr...

Sponge

After a lot of deliberation I've decided on this for my Pokemon White team:

WhiteTeam-3.png

1. Daikenki
2. Rankurusu (Dust-Proof)
3. Denchura (Compoundeyes)
4. Desukan
5. Zuruzukin (Overconfidence)
6. Shinpora (Miracle Skin)

I'm not really into competitive play, but I still like to plan out what abilities my pokemon will have if I have a choice...

I know I have two Psychics on my team....but I love both Ranku and Shinpora....plus the only other flying types that really appeal to me are Swanna and Wargle. I already have a water type and I don't think you can get Wargle until you're almost at the elite four (and I'm not really willing to wait that long)

This could still change, in fact the dream world might play a big role in my team if it means I can potentially get early pokemon which would usually appear late in the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.