1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What is/will be your team?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Araleon

Araleon Chill

I vote Kokoromori, purely based on looks. (Looks at his team)

Abagoora - It's epic. Just epic.

Baokki or Denchura - Why? Because... Baokii can be gotten early on and is decent, and Denchura is Electric and Bug.

2. LexSuicune

LexSuicune Feraligatr Master

What would you guys sugest for a replacement Pokemon until I can get Urgamoth and Gorugg?

3. Darkhalo-s

Darkhalo-s Member

Lex: i recomend using Boakki, the fire monkey, for Urgamoth.
    but for, gorugg, just an hm slave.

4. MoonOwl

MoonOwl Active Member

I am sure I have a team. It might change when I get the game.

5. LexSuicune

LexSuicune Feraligatr Master

I really don't like Boakki though :/ I was thinking a Warubiaru and a Zebraika, what d'you guys think?

6. Wishing_Star*

Wishing_Star* Wish I was a balloon

I completely changed my team today... I keep starting to like Pokemon that with first impressions I never liked and would never think of using. I love my new team though!

My Pokemon Black Team:

Enbuoh - Fire/Fighting
    A small amount of people like this fire starter. I had always liked Pokabu, but I liked him less then Mijumaru at first. Then I bored one day, and I just started drawing Pokabu. I fell in love with the cute little piggy, and then I my liking for his evolutions just came. I'm sure Enbuoh will be an extremely strong asset to my team. :)

Hiyakki - Water
    I honestly did not like this monkeys. I'm stilly a little unsure if I want her on my team. I originally wanted to place Burungeru on my team. But unless there is some way I can get him earlier, without trading, I'm sticking with Hiyakki. Besides, I do like the way Hiyakki looks with the rest of my team.

Doryuuzu - Ground/Steal
    I have always liked his design. He just looks so epic!

Hahakurimo - Bug/Grass
    I love this Pokemon's design! It is so cool! Over this past summer, I found this new love for bug Pokemon. I like almost all bug Pokemon now. I just love Hahakurimo's typing, and his move set, and the design! Plus! She evolves from the adorable little Kurumiru!

Archeos - Rock/Flying
    I love both of this generation's fossil Pokemon! They are both so epic! I usually don't use the fossil Pokemon on my teams, because they can be a pain to train... But I just love the design, meaning the colorfulness, of this epic prehistoric bird! I also love the type combination.

Gochiruzeru - Psychic
    I have nothing to say except: love. I love her design, and I love Psychic type Pokemon. The end.

That's my team! Ugh... I want to play these games so badly, but I'm not gonna import it!

7. Ace Trainer Alex

Ace Trainer Alex wants to fight!

Tsutarja/Janovi/Jalorda - Grass
    Partly because of all the starters, it looks good all the way through for me. Partly because I always go with the grass starter.

Machop/Machoke - Fighting
    Machoke is my favorite pokemon (hence Machamp won't be in my party).

Purotooga/Abagoura - Water/Rock
    Of all the fossil pokemon, this one made me giggle with delight.
    Jolly nature to boost speed for Wide Guard.
    Solid Rock ability and Rindo Berry = x1 from everything.
    Wide Guard helps defenf in triple and double battles.
    Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Aqua Tail make for powerful attacks.
    And with EVs in Speed to help get Wide Guard in first, Defense/HP/and S.Def for his own protection during, he will take the hits for my team and smirk.

Lapras - Water/Ice
    As I learned in Fire Red, this is one awesome pokemon. May be a while before I get it, but eh, I can deal with that.

Shimama/Zeburaika - Electric
    Teamed up with Abagoura and Lapras, this thing will make for awesome triple battles. Especially with the moves I have planned.

Koromori/Kokoromori - Flying/Psychic
    In double battles, teamed up with Abagoura, this thing is gonna be fun to use.

8. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

If you're strictly going after whoever is less popular, I would say to go with Rankles, Abagoura, and Baokki.

The only one where there's a contest is between Rankles and Kokoromori, since both are pretty frequent team members. On the other hand, I see Hiyakki in a lot of people's teams (probably due to the girlish charm); Hihidaruma was one of the first Pokémon revealed and thus made people want it; and Denchura is, well, Electric/Bug, a type combination a lot have wanted for a while now.

9. Raikia

Raikia Active Member

Just need some help picking out a Black Team (this would be pre-E4).

Hihidaruma or Shandera?
    - Hihidaruma has some *****in' attack stat at 140, but Shandera gets better movesets due to its typing. Plus, it's Sp. Atk is higher then Hihidaruma's Attack.

Ononokusu or Sazandora?
    - Ononokusu is capable of being caught earlier on then Sazandora. However, Sazandora has good Attack and Special Attack, which would mean Dragon Tail and Dragon Pulse being at a near-even power. Plus, Speed is higher.

Kojondo or Roobushin?
    - Kojondo's pretty epic, but Roopushin does have some massive attack.

Zuruzukin or Kirikizan?
    - Kirikizan is obtained later in the game, yes. Higher Attack but lower Defense then Zuruzukin.

Doryuuzu or Warubiaru?
    - That's all.

10. Vest

Vest Event Collector

I would go for Hihidaruma over Shandera just because I prefer it but they are both very strong. The advantage with Hihidaruma is that he can be obtained earlier. The other options lower down are more physical attackers so perhaps Shandera would give more variation

Although Sazandro is incredibly strong if you are looking for a pre-e4 team then it isn't really realistic, you could have Monozu at Victory Road but it will probably not be a Sazandro until near the end of the post game unless you do a lot of grinding so I would suggest Ononokusu.

I'm not a fan of Kojondo so I would choose Roopushin here although they are both very good.

Kirikizan is a better attacker but I always find that Steel types aren't very useful, also he has the 4x weakness to fighting types. Zuruzukin is a more defensive pokemon which is good as the rest so far are primarily attackers and also has a very good typing.

Warubiaru and Doryuuzu are two of my favourites of this generation, Doryuuzu has a better moveset but Warubiaru has the very handy dark typing aswell although if you are using zuruzukin/kirikizan this may not be necessary.

This is just my opinion so do whatever you think is best, I hope this helped

11. Wordy

Wordy #FlorrieSlayage2014

Although Hihidaruma may have a lower main offensive stat than Chandelar, it all balances out because of how Hihidaruma has better HP and defenses. In terms of who you should choose, I would recommend Chandelar in this case because the vast majority of your choices would appear to be physically-based, and the only alternative of Sazandra is only available way lategame and is more physically-orientated up to the final stage anyway. Because of how it evolves at Lv. 64 I doubt you'll be able to evolve it before the end, because of the EXP scaling, even with Lucky Egg.

Ononokus would therefore be much easier to use ingame, but if you're prepared to probably just have Monozu/possible Jiheddo at the end and only really get Sazandora postgame then go for it.

I prefer Kojondo's design, so I would go for that. Roopushin is under-appreciated, but at the same time it is available early on and would assist tremendously in the second gym. It requires trade evolution, which is why similar to Gigaiath I'm on the fence about it unless you have a way to get it ti that great final stage. Kojondo evolves at Level 50 but has an equally good movepool with Fake Out, U-Turn, Hi Jump Kick and Rock Slide all offering options. All Fighters this gen have a good array of options.

Zuruzukin is available just before the third gym if you're good, but it shares types with Pushin/Jondo. I still think it is a great bulky Pokémon, and once again underused. On the other hand, Kirikizan is a great offensive Pokémon and although it is quadruple weak to Fighting that Steel type gives a load of resistances. I honestly couldn't distinguish between them.

Similarly, Doryuzu and Waruvial- at the end of the day it wholly depends on which you prefer aesthetically- one is Ground/Steel whilst one is Ground/Dark, so I guess it depends on whether or not you pick Zuruzukin or Kirikizan. I will say that Mogurew is the earliest obtained of all the basic stages of the Pokémon you want. I presume the lack of a choice of sixth means you've already chosen a starter?

12. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

If this is in-game, remember that you can only get Roobushin through trade. So unless you have someone else to trade with, you won't bring that Pokémon to its full potential.

13. reaper-warrior

reaper-warrior Hoenn Champion

This is my team for pokemon white (I want a Zekrom). Feel free to rate it.

Jalorda-I've always started my first game of a new gen with the grass starter-treeko in emerald and turtwig in diamond, so i'm going to continue my tradition

Denchula-It's a electric/bug tarantula! It's just cool!

Murrand-It's a eldar doggy! It's just cool too! plus its my multi-move-type pokemon

Doryuzu-It's got a good typing plus it's really cool!

Baokkie-He's my complement to Jalorda

Ononkus-He's my non-legendary drag for just going around the region and for pre-national elite4

If I can get both games, I'll trade over the fire and water type starters. But this is my single game team, just in case.

14. reaper-warrior

reaper-warrior Hoenn Champion

This is my team for pokemon white (I want a Zekrom). Feel free to rate it.

Jalorda-I've always started my first game of a new gen with the grass starter-treeko in emerald and turtwig in diamond, so i'm going to continue my tradition

Denchula-It's a electric/bug tarantula! It's just cool!

Murrand-It's a eldar doggy! It's just cool too! plus its my multi-move-type pokemon

Doryuzu-It's got a good typing plus it's really cool!

Baokkie-He's my complement to Jalorda

Ononkus-He's my non-legendary drag for just going around the region and for pre-national elite4

If I can get both games, I'll trade over the fire and water type starters. But this is my single game team, just in case.

15. Crobat breeder

Crobat breeder Well-Known Member

For my pokemon white team Im going to use the pokes I think looks best. And I didnt get one poke of the same type! Here it is:

Yanappu The coolest monkey of them all! : D Im not going to evolve it since its evolution is ugly..

Swanna A really cool looking bird :)

Mebukijika Its a deer : D Plus, it changes form which is really cool :)

Wargle A standard bird poke :)

Emonga Its flying, Its electric, Its a squirrel! : D

Zorua Much cooler than Zoroark.

16. Corrupted Chocobo

Corrupted Chocobo New Member

Hmmmm I'm thinking

Jalorda- Tsutarja was my favorite starter since the sillhouettes were unveiled, and Jaroda just looks DROOO!!! Also, he has decent 75/95/95 defenses and great Speed!

Archeos- Arcaeopteryx are really nifty organisms. I love his design, he has sky high offensive stats (though an admittedly lackluster ability) and will make a great in-game Flyer so I don't have to weasle in a Normal/Flying type I only kinda like on my team. (though admittedly I wouldn't have minded putting Wargle on my team if Archeos didn't exist)

Doryuzzu- Amazing ability for a SS team, outstanding Attack. And I mean, just LOOK at him!

Rankurusu- FREAKING CELL POKEMON! OUTSTANDING MOVEPOOL! 125 BASE SP ATK! Letdown speed, but this thing is just so cool and so capable I HAVE to put him on my team!

Dasutodasu/Sazandora- I'll keep Dasutodasu up until I can catch a Monezu, I like Dasutodasu's design, and I freaking LOOOOOOVEEEEE Sazandora's design!! Plus, a special attack psuedo with unique offensive typing and a Ground immunity...AWESOME!

Burungeru/Zekrom- Burungeru for Surfing and hes a royal fat jellyfish, then Zekrom once I catch him. I'll be SRing for a shiny one too, so I can name him ShinRa! =D

17. DragonFanBoy

DragonFanBoy New Member

Jalorda: It's smug and it looks epic.
    Waruvial: A Ground/Dark crocodile/alligator? Hell yes!
    Sazandora: Just looking at it is enough to make me love it.
    Reshiram/Zekrom: Both look awesome, yet are version exclusives sadly. :(
    Kyuremu: About time they made an Ice/Dragon pokemon. :)
    HM slave

18. Raikia

Raikia Active Member

Thank you. I value your opinion and will take it into serious consideration when picking my team.
    That brings me to my final question: Jaroda or Daikenki?
    I have a friend who has ordered Pokemon Black; he has assured me that he will allow me to trade my Dotekkotsu for his Gantoru and back to get our respective final forms.

19. pokeman13

pokeman13 Well-Known Member

this is my 5th gen only competitive battling team hope you like it.

Nattrei
    Grass/steel
    Careful
    Leftovers
    Iron spikes
    -stealth rock
    -gyroball
    -power whip
    -explosion

Abagoora
    Water/rock
    Impish
    Leftovers
    Solid rock
    -aqua jet
    -earthquake
    -toxic
    -stone edge

Shandera
    Ghost/fire
    Modest
    Life orb
    Shadow tag
    -calm mind
    -flamethrower
    -shadow ball
    -energy ball

Kojondo
    Fighting
    Jolly
    Life orb/Wide lens
    Regenerate
    -fake out
    -hi jump kick
    -U-turn
    -substitute/stone edge

Ononokusu
    Dragon
    Jolly
    Life orb
    Mold breaker
    -dragon dance
    -outrage
    -earthquake
    -rock slide

Denchura
    Bug/electricity
    Timid
    Life orb/leftovers
    Compoundeyes
    -energy ball
    -Volt change/thunder wave
    -bug buzz
    -thunder

i am currently working on a 5th gen incorperated competitive battling team and am not sure about my in game team and would appretiate some suggestions

20. PkmnTrainer(Franklin)

PkmnTrainer(Franklin) Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.