• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is/will be your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalladeX

So, I've done a bit of reworking of my team.

Originally, it was Daikenki, Kokoromori, Baokkey, Waruvial, Denchura and Nattorei.

It turns out Nattorei doesn't get Leech Seed unless I breed. Which sucks. I've decided to make some adjustments:

Also, nicknames!

-- -- -- --
l e t o
503.png

The main core of Daikenki/Baokkey/Waruvial hasn't changed, except for movesets I suppose. He's a great Pokemon, evolves from the cutest little ice-cream-sea-otter-samurai ever, and has a good movepool to select from.

He will have a Life Orb equipped, and will have Shell Blade, Megahorn, Encore, and Swords Dance. His Ability will be Torrent.

-- -- --

s t u m p
Spr_5b_561.png

I like Kokoromori, but...Nazca Line Bird? That's just too epic for words. And that Special Attack...I mean, Kokoromori has great Speed, but if it can't put a dent in the opponent, I don't think it's entirely worth it... >:
ANYWAY.
F YEAH NAZCA BIRD.

Stump will have a Choice Specs equipped, and will have Air Slash, Psychic, Energy Ball, and Ice Beam. Stump's Ability will be Magic Guard.

-- -- --

b u r n l e y
Spr_5b_514.png

Pansear's been one of my favourite Gen V 'mons from the beginning. He has good stats and a cool hairdo.

Burnley will have a Leftovers equipped, and will have Nasty Plot, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, and Focus Blast. His Ability will be Gluttoney.

-- -- --

g o n t i e r
553.png

touch the untoucheable
break the unbreakable
raw
raw
fight the power.
I have nothing else to say.

Gontier will have a Choice Band equipped, and his moveset will be Outrage, Earthquake, Foul Play, and Stone Edge. His ability will be Intimidate.

-- -- --

w i l l i a m s
549.png

I saw this thing on Grei's team, and it looked cool. I decided to check it out, and discovered that it can be reallllly strong with Butterfly Dance and Petal Dance. I like the idea of having a royal flower on my team, even if her movepool is a bit barren.

Williams will have a Big Root equipped, and her moveset will be Butterfly Dance, Petal Dance, Sleep Powder, and Leech Seed. Her Ability will be Own Tempo.

-- -- --

k o w a l e w i c z
Spr_5b_601.png

This thing needs more love, guys. I think I'm the only one to pick it. Yeah, its movepool is more barren than Mars, but he's still tough with that Defense and Attack.
And the concept is cool. I don't see why everyone hates it.
/minirant.

Kowalewicz will have a Rugged Helmet or some other useful item equipped, and its movepool will contain Gear Saucer, Gear Change, Return, and Toxic.

-- -- --

Feel free to comment~

Last edited:

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Been thinking feverishly about my team... I'm in-between a lot of Pokemon currently. The only ones I know I'll be using are Ranculus and Zuruzukin; the rest are all pretty much up for grabs between Daikenki, Gigigear (GalladeX's post inspires me), Deathkahn, Chandelar, Iwapalace, Baivanilla, Shubarugo, Yanakki, Gigalith, Rohpushin, Pendra, Erufuun, Symbolar, Dustdasu, Dentula, Shibirudon, Agirudar and Urgamoth. Gahh. <_> I'll probably do a more in-depth post at some point detailing my leanings toward each one...

Grei

not the color

s t u m p
Spr_5b_561.png

I like Kokoromori, but...Nazca Line Bird? That's just too epic for words. And that Special Attack...I mean, Kokoromori has great Speed, but if it can't put a dent in the opponent, I don't think it's entirely worth it... >:
ANYWAY.
F YEAH NAZCA BIRD.

Stump will have a Choice Specs equipped, and will have Air Slash, Psychic, Energy Ball, and Ice Beam. Stump's Ability will be Magic Guard.

This guy does look really cool. He was probably my 2nd or 3rd choice if I wasn't going to go with Wargle. That Sp. Atk is really enticing.

GalladeX said:
w i l l i a m s
549.png

I saw this thing on Grei's team, and it looked cool. I decided to check it out, and discovered that it can be reallllly strong with Butterfly Dance and Petal Dance. I like the idea of having a royal flower on my team, even if her movepool is a bit barren.

Williams will have a Lum Berry equipped, and her moveset will be Butterfly Dance, Petal Dance, Sleep Powder, and Leech Seed.

I inspired someone! ^^
Yeah, her movepool is a little empty. My planned moveset is nearly identical to yours, except I have Synthesis instead of Leech Seed. Of course, both do similar jobs, and you seem to like Leech Seeding.

[I'm sure you know this already, but] be sure that you get one with Own Tempo as her ability--that way, you can use Petal Dance without the confusion. I wanted to use the Churine you can trade for in Black, but that one comes with Chlorophyll, so I'll have to trade to get this lady. Of course, if you're going with White, this won't be an issue.

GalladeX, I really like your team. It's got a lot of cohesiveness and clearly has a lot of thought put into it. Plus, its got good coverage, in both type coverage and Physical/Special coverage.

Been thinking feverishly about my team... I'm in-between a lot of Pokemon currently. The only ones I know I'll be using are Ranculus and Zuruzukin; the rest are all pretty much up for grabs between Daikenki, Gigigear (GalladeX's post inspires me), Deathkahn, Chandelar, Iwapalace, Baivanilla, Shubarugo, Yanakki, Gigalith, Rohpushin, Pendra, Erufuun, Symbolar, Dustdasu, Dentula, Shibirudon, Agirudar and Urgamoth. Gahh. <_> I'll probably do a more in-depth post at some point detailing my leanings toward each one...

If this is for an in-game team, I would suggest looking at the locations for where these Pokemon appear. Some of these Pokemon don't appear until late in the game, or are difficult to get in the first place. Ulgamoth, for instance, isn't available until after the 6th Gym, and even then you have to hatch and train a Meraruba to Lvl. 59 in order to evolve it. It's awesome, but as a late-game Pokemon (since the Elite Four doesn't even reach that high of a level IIRC). If you go with Daikenki, Yanakkey is much more difficult to get, as your gift monkey will be Boakkey, etc.

The location of Wargle is enough to make me question how much I want him (although I've pretty much decided I'm going to use him), since Wargle's not available until after the 8th Gym (and even further, that's only given I choose White, which isn't likely in my case). For him, I'll just be trading over a Washibon egg from someone, as with Doreida.

Last edited:

GalladeX

[I'm sure you know this already, but] be sure that you get one with Own Tempo as her ability--that way, you can use Petal Dance without the confusion. I wanted to use the Churine you can trade for in Black, but that one comes with Chlorophyll, so I'll have to trade to get this lady. Of course, if you're going with White, this won't be an issue.

GalladeX, I really like your team. It's got a lot of cohesiveness and clearly has a lot of thought put into it. Plus, its got good coverage, in both type coverage and Physical/Special coverage.

Woah, I totally forgot about that! x.o For some reason, I thought she only got Chlorophyll...I think I'll give her a Big Root, then, to get as much HP from Leech Seed as possible.

Aww, thanks, man 8D That means a lot. I did put a lot of thought into it.

Last edited:

Araleon

Chill
So, I'm definitely wanting to get White... I really want Wargle. But, if I get White, my bro will get Blakc and I won't be able to trade over a Washibon egg as easily.

Ah well, I'll figure something out. My goal is to have all of my Pokemon before the battle against Hachiku.

I'm planning for this team:

1. Oshawott -> Futachimaru -> Daikenki

[IMG139]http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/501.png[/IMG139] -> [IMG139]http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/502.png[/IMG139] -> [IMG139]http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/503.png[/IMG139]

Oshawott is my favorite Water starter ever, and the best looking Water type in Unova. Definite starter for me. I'm also planning on teaching her Dragon Tail so the final battle of the Gyms can be my Daikenki versus Iris' Ononokusu, with Daikenki winning with Dragon Tail.

2. Choroneko -> Reparudasu

[IMG139]http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/509.png[/IMG139] -> [IMG139]http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/510.png[/IMG139]

Choroneko or Yorterri. At first I really wanted to go with Yorterri for Ice Fang, and I'm still tempted, to be honest, but I really want a Dark type, so for now I've chosen the Ill-Natured Cat.

3. Washibon -> Wargle

[IMG139]http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/627.png[/IMG139] -> [IMG139]http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/628.png[/IMG139]

Wargle is, like, my favorite bird in the series. I wish Washibon had been made into the regional bird instead of Pidove. So, yeah, it's a definite. Never changing. I'll trade an egg over before the third Gym. Maybe before the second Gym.

4. Klink -> Gigiaru -> Gigigiaru

[IMG139]http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/599.png[/IMG139] -> [IMG139]http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/600.png[/IMG139] -> [IMG139]http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/601.png[/IMG139]

Firstly, I like the name Gear so much more than Klink. I wish they hadn't changed the name... Secondly, I really have changed my mind about this line. At first I didn't like it at all. Now? I like it a lot. I'm glad I've worked it into my team. If for some reason I was going to change it to something else, it'd probably be changed to Nattorei.

5. Meraruba -> Urugamosu

[IMG139]http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/636.png[/IMG139] -> [IMG139]http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/637.png[/IMG139]

Yep, I've chosen the freaky thing I can't even describe. I want a fire type. Really badly. I like Pansear a lot, and was considering getting it, but I don't like Baokkii. It looks too... awkward for my tastes, so I can't bring myself to choose it. The only of the Pan evolutions I actually like is Yanakkii, actually. To me it goes Yanakkii > Baokkii > Hiyakkii.

I'm rambling again. I like the type combination of Urugamosu a lot, it looks interesting, and I've heard that you actually can get the Meraruba egg before the Elite Four, so that cemented it's place. Although, if it turns out you can't, I'll make an egg on my brother's game and trade it over.

6. Kumashun -> Tsunbeaa

[IMG139]http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/613.png[/IMG139] -> [IMG139]http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/614.png[/IMG139]

My final Pokemon. Polar bears are my favorite animal, so of course I'm getting the polar bear Pokemon. If only it had been part fighting or dragon... Oh well! It's my Ice Pokemon. It was this or Goruugu.

Ta da?

EDIT: Rank up! Must be a sign that this is my team.

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Is it just me or has Gigigear just had a sudden, massive rise in popularity...?

Anyways, I'm still trying to think of the last Pokemon to use in my planned team, which is currently Daikenki, Muurando, Kokoromori, Iwaparesu and Dredia.
I still can't decide between Marakacchi, Dasotodasu, Morobareru, Waruvial and Erufuun. ...Opinions?

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
I got White a couple days ago and i am up to the pokemon league :D

This is my team at the moment:

Jalorda 47 Female - I chose her because it thought she looked awesome and she takes hit and delivers them too
Attack beneficial nature

Zeburaika 45 Male - Chose this guy because of his speed and awesomeness :D

Kenhorou (the evolved form of Mamepato) 46 Male- It's attack is pretty awesome and i like how it is different from other generic birds but doesnt have any cool moves like Staraptor.

Shandera 47 Male - Ghost/Fire Type. Great Sp.Atk. Nuffsaid

Rankurusuu (i think... the cute blob psychic) 46 Female- I couldnt resist! It looked so cute >.<

Banirrichhi (the ice pokemon...?) 47 Female- I got the game in Winter and rare pokemon come out then and this one was found at the freezing coolers outside the 5th gym :]

That is my team and it is underlevled atm but its still kicks butt ;)

Daikenki
I think Daikenki is awesome and pretty cool. I like it's learnset as well.

Murando
Murando is common as a Yorterrie and has an OK moveset. It's better than Miruhog.

Kokoromori
I know, Shinpora probably would have been better. His nickname is ~BK~, standing for Bad Karma, because of his ability! I was hoping for Unaware but I got Klutz!

Zeburaika
A great choice for me. As a Blitzle, it's so common, so I grabbed one. It's done good so far.

Doryuzu
The only team member I don't have yet. Dory is a great Pokemon as I've heard and has an excellent moveset.

Darmanitan
Darmanitan is pretty awesome because it has an off-the-charts attack stat. With Flare Blitz, I wouldn't be laughing if my Pokemon got to battle my maniacal Darmanitan!​

Magical Leaf

Kore wa nani mo imi shinai
Planned black team so far:
Daikenki, Dentula, Shandera, Doryuzu, Vulxina, Tsunbear.

Although there is part of me that wants a Dasutodasu in there as well, and i can't decide between Doryuzu and Warvial.

Sponge

I was going to come on and post an update on what I think my team will be....but I don't see the point really...

Dakenki
Desukan
Rankurusu

Then the other three will have to be decided when I play the game and start getting a feel for what makes them all tick. So many possibilities but only three positions. :S

Grei

not the color
Planned black team so far:
Daikenki, Dentula, Shandera, Doryuzu, Vulxina, Tsunbear.

Although there is part of me that wants a Dasutodasu in there as well, and i can't decide between Doryuzu and Warvial.

Doryuuzu and Waruvial are both very good Ground-type Pokemon. At Smogon, it seems that Doryuuzu is getting much more attention. Someone called it the "Lucario of the 5th Gen" at one point.

To me, they are both very good, but Doryuuzu just seems a little bit better. I suppose that's just my opinion, though.

I'm considering using a Doredia or an Elfoon in my party, which one is in Pokemon White?

Doreida is in White, Erufuun is in Black.

Enpeithree

As many e's as Eevee
I don't have it down a 100% yet, but here' an idea:

497.png
587.png
609.png
EDIT:
579.png

(Forgot the last guy haha)

Those guys above are for sure, as for my 5th one it's either:
581.png
or
516.png

And then for my last one it might be:
558.png
or
553.png

Last edited:

Rinne

anata wo toosenbo
(This team is only for pre-E4, so I'm not using any TMs that can only be found after. Also, I don't breed for IVs or egg moves, nor do I care about natures.)

Spr_5b_503.png

Daikenki (m) - "Taisuke" - Torrent - Shell Blade, Surf, Revenge, Blizzard

Spr_5b_549.png

Doredia (f) - "Mia" - Own Tempo - Petal Dance, Giga Drain, Butterfly Dance, Sleep Powder

Spr_5b_561.png

Shinbora (m) - "Camaxtli" - Magic Guard - Psychic, Flash Cannon, Fly, Tailwind

Spr_5b_596.png

Denchura (m) - "Dillinger" - Compoundeyes - Thunder, Elecball, Signal Beam, Thunder Wave

609.png

Shanderaa (f) - "Alice" - Shadow Tag/Flash Fire - Flame Burst, Shadow Ball, Toxic, Curse

So. Here's my dilemma. I like these first five; however, I can't figure out which of the following two to use as my sixth. Can anyone help? You can find them both at the same time, so that doesn't concern me. Gigalith has perfect tank potential and might be more helpful early on, but Doryuzu has more resistances and is better-rounded overall (and I don't have to trade him to evolve). D:

530.png

Doryuzu (m) - "Lainn" - Sand Paddle - Brick Break, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Sandstorm

Spr_5b_526.png

Gigalith (m) - "Lainn" - Sturdy/Sand Power - Stone Edge, Earthquake, Flash Cannon, Stealth Rock

Araleon

Chill
I voe for Gigaith, just because it's weird that with it's defense and attack, people rarely choose it.

I was considering one for my team, but I'm happy with mine.

@Magical Leaf - Hm. I think Dasutodasu doesn't get love either, like Klink didn't use to, and I do think one would work well with your team. I'd say drop Doryuzu for it, but you seems adamant about using it (I'd say go for it over Waruvial. You'd have two darks if you chose it), so...

Rinne

anata wo toosenbo
@Araleon: Thanks, but I realized that it might be hard to find someone who'd be willing to trade so I can get Gigalith. Therefore, I think I'll stick with Doryuzu. D:

However, I'm considering replacing Shanderaa with Baokkie, mainly because Baoppu is available much earlier and that all the types Ghost hit well against (Psychic and Ghost themselves) can be fixed with a Shadow Claw on Baokkie, who also has more options for Fighting attacks than Doryuzu, who I can then free up another move slot for! :D

So yah. New Baokkie moveset. :D

514.png

Baokkie (f) - "Alexa" - Gluttony - Flame Burst, Acrobat, Shadow Ball, Brick Break

(And yes, I am willing to soft-reset to get a girl Baoppu. x3)

Status
Not open for further replies.