• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is/will be your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningsun

Hello! I am new here!

Well, my team will be this:

Number 1:
Daikenki - Megahorn, Earthquake, Hydro Pump, Boiling Water
or
Burungeru - Shadow Ball, Earthquake, Water Spout, Hydro Pump

Number 2:
Nattorei - Power Whip, SolarBeam, Flash Cannon, Explosion

Number 3:
Goruggo - Earthquake, Curse, Hammer Arm, Heavy Bomber

Number 4:
Sazandora - Tri-Attack, Fire Blast, Surf, Outrage

Number 5:
Ononokusu - Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Guillotine, Outrage

Number 6:
Urugamosu - Butterfly Dance, Heat Wave, Bug Buzz, Gale

Suggests?

I think that ur pokemon selection is pretty good but u need 2 spread the moveset out more. u dont need 2 pokemn w/ earthquake take it off of of daikenki. u also shud consider not usin tri-attk w/ sazandora bcuz it isnt super-effective against anythin. u shud probably giv it fly since tht givs more type coverage and u a way to fly. solar beam is not a gud move eitha bcuz it takes a turn 2 charge and explosion kills u. i suggest shadow claw and poison jab and bcuz Nattorei's sp att isnt tht great u shud use iron head instead of flash cannon

erebus

I always go with a water, fire, grass, flying, and electric, with one wild card as my sixth.

Water; Oshawott (I love water starters)- hydropump, icebeam, surf, dive

Grass; Shikijika (Cute!)- energyball, solarbeam, hyperbeam, cut

Fire; Pansear (I'll get it for free since I'm choosing the water starter)- fire blast, crunch, dig, flamethrower

Electric; Blitzle (Cool as they come, but I'll admit the electric spider came very close)- wild charge, nitro charge, giga impact, discharge

Flying; Pidove (Would have been a washibon if they were available earlier in the game)- sky attack, fly, razor wind, U-turn

W/C; Sandile (Cool)- crunch, dig, earthquake, sludge bomb

Or

W/C; Zorua (Very Cool)- embargo, night burst, shadow ball, foul play

Or

W/C; Kibago (The regional dragons are always a fave of mine)- slash, dragon pulse, strength, hone claw

Or

W/C; Kumasyun (Ignoring the fact that it has a blue snot-ball hanging from its snout, it's actually pretty cute and its evo is awesome)- brine/surf, blizzard, ice beam, shadow claw

Take for granted that I’ll fully evolve them all.

Last edited:

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
After more deliberating, my final team's probably gonna look something like this;

579.png
560.png
563.png
526.png
584.png
601.png

With possible back-ups, switches, other choices, whatever including;
604.png
589.png
547.png

Still hard to pick only six. ;~;

morningsun

wud u guys plz rate my team i posted it twice on pg 89 by accident cuz i m new here. i'd really appreciate it even if u like it i just want confirmation. i m not gonna hav 6 pokes i usually hav 4 just in case u were wonderin why theres only 4

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
After more deliberating, my final team's probably gonna look something like this;

579.png
560.png
563.png
526.png
584.png
601.png

With possible back-ups, switches, other choices, whatever including;
604.png
589.png
547.png

Still hard to pick only six. ;~;

Well Shibibirasu, Agirudaa and Erufuun can be your back-ups.

My team's in my signature, but I'm planing on using some back-ups, namely

549.png
523.png
620.png

Grei

not the color
wud u guys plz rate my team i posted it twice on pg 89 by accident cuz i m new here. i'd really appreciate it even if u like it i just want confirmation. i m not gonna hav 6 pokes i usually hav 4 just in case u were wonderin why theres only 4

I don't think it's too bad, I like it. However, if you want more opinions, you could post that in the 5th Gen RMT forum, which is made for team rates. This is mostly just discussing our choices for our teams.

Psyruby

Porygon2 - Double Wall + Anti-Lead Lead
Gyarados - Physcial Sweeper + Zoroark Illusion
Gengar - Special Sweeper + Zoroark Illusion
Gliscor - Physical Wall + Zoroark Illusion
Milotic - Special Wall - Up to considering other options
Zoroark - Phantom Champion

My general idea behind future Zoroark is that you can only make a smart player believe it is the other pokemon for 1 turn max. Gliscor with poison heal will be fun. Gengar is perfect for a Zoroark Illusion for one turn, because his weaknesses are Zoaroark's resistances and the added bonus of people not going for earthquakes is nice, plus if it really is Gengar, and they think it is Zoroark then the opposite is true. Gyarados is Gyarados. Porygon2 thanks to pre evo stone is solid double wall and he gets magic coat to send back Taunt, SR, Leech Seed, Status Moves, etc. Milotic is the only one I am unsure of, since it kind of was a fill in with not wanting another fighting weakness. Zoroark is just for mind games galore.

??????

That guy.
497.png
OR
547.png

Jalorda/Smuglord. Or Erufuun

Of all the Pokemon to date, I absolute loathe and hate the starter Pokemon of Isshu/Unova the most. The sheer stupidity of Gamefreak in not only a pitifully lacking design concept for 2 of the three, but in repetitiveness of used tropes, uncreative typing, and combination of unmatching concepts. Daikeni/Uniderp is essentially the shittiest starter to date...and I thought Meganium took the cake. I was wrong. And Emboar/Ganonpork being the used trope of a Suk Wong character and Fire/Fighting starter is already used and made worse by the existece of similar fighters that already exist. Smuglord is the only Pokemon I think is slightly original, but still would've been much better with an offensive BST (95 in either both physicals or specials, not both defenses) spread and a typing to reflect its royal nature, such as a Psychic, Dark, or Dragon, any of those would've been nice. Such a shame, I've ran Fire starters since Red/Blue, and loved them.

Smuglord is better than the other two, but the lack of attacking prowess at all makes it just unappealing and makes me want to just ditch my starter. It's a shame. And I have a question for the masses: If I choose to keep Smugleaf, what nature should I run?

555.png

Hihidaruma.

YES. The boss Fire of this generation, Emboar isn't up to snuff at all. I wasn't originally warm to him, but now I love him. That 140 Attack, nice speed, Encourage, and FLARE BLITZ. Just pure YES. And the English name is nice.

565.png

Turtle Fossil.

I took a simple look at this guy and said a YES. The typing originally turned me off, but the Pringles Ghost is just...meh. Maybe a female jellyfish, but this guy is just much more beastlier. Shell Smash, good stats, finishes off the WFG core I always have in-game.

534.png

ROOPUSIN IN THIS HOE.

I always loved Fighting types...the only ones I don't like are Emboar and the new legends...but this is what I've always wanted. Its The fushion of Hariyama and Machamp, ultimate tank fighter. Its a hard choice, I love Kojondo and Zuruzukin immensely. But Roopushin is just so bossly.

579.png

Ranculus.

I have fallen in love with this thing. I need some special Pokemon on my team, and cuteness is nice too. Back with 125 special attack and very respectable bulk.

596.png

Denchura.

I never imagined using this guy. I like the typing very much, nice speed and attacking stats, I like having a speedy in-game lead.

I considered many Pokemon, the fact that there are less water Pokemon to choose from, and the lack of non-Unova/Isshu Pokemon irk me. If the new guys sucked, I could always run Gyra as a water...and now I can't. Hope they get sense and expand the dex in the 3rd game. Dory, the Dragons, Kojondo, and Chillaccino all get an honourable mention for being awesome. Maybe I will replace Chillaccino with Denchura.

All in all, sucky starters, nice new guys, the new games need older Pokemon for my in-game team.

Black$tar

Gym Leader
LOOOOOL i know but in the start someware where the game didn't come out in japan

one of my friends mentioned it was legendary so i got used to that idea

Grei

not the color
Of all the Pokemon to date, I absolute loathe and hate the starter Pokemon of Isshu/Unova the most.

Ok.

?????? said:
The sheer stupidity of Gamefreak in not only a pitifully lacking design concept for 2 of the three,

"Lacking design concept"? Already your post is blaring "ignorance." The Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott lines are all based on three separate cultures, as well has have different concepts placed into the overall designs.

Oshawott is a Sea Otter, and by Daikenki he's gained the Sea Lion as well. It's a samurai and its shell armor resembles the armor of samurai in historical Japan.

Tepig is a Pig with fire concepts, which eventually becomes a wrestling fire pig.

I fail to see how these designs are lacking concept, especially since they're thoughtful and clearly have effort put into them. I fail to see how their designs are bad when we have empty, thoughtless designs throughout Gen 1 (Voltorb, Seel, Ditto, Ponyta, Oddish, Goldeen, etc.) in comparison.

?????? said:
but in repetitiveness of used tropes,

What trope? Since when is a fire-breathing pig and a shell-sword-wielding otter a trope by any stretch of the imagination? Your logic is questionable.

?????? said:
uncreative typing,

I'll admit Fire/Fighting isn't too creative, and Water and Grass are basic. But the Starters don't need to have crazy, never-before-typings to be good. That should be obvious.

and combination of unmatching concepts.

I thought you were so sure that they were lacking concepts in the first place. Plus, how can their concepts be "unmatching?" That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day, especially considering this is Pokemon you're talking about. Pokemon, with an eel that's pure-Electric with the ability to levitate. Pokemon, with a heart fish (in two different situations). Pokemon, with a steel praying mantis.

Pig and Fire aren't opposite concepts, they can work just fine together. Grass and Snake? Duh. Water and Sea Otter is a no-brainer, and Sea Otter and Samurai aren't opposites either. Sugimori just thought it'd be cool to have a blade-wielding otter and gave it a shell (which is fitting) as a sword.

Your complaint about "unmatching concepts" is a rather baseless one, considering that you don't seem to have any clue what you're talking about.

?????? said:
Daikeni/Uniderp is essentially the shittiest starter to date...and I thought Meganium took the cake. I was wrong.

You can hate Daikenki all you want, but nothing in its design is "shitty." You didn't provide any evidence (not that there is any, in any event) anyway. You can hate it for no reason, just don't come here and bitch about it. Nobody wants to hear it.

?????? said:
And Emboar/Ganonpork being the used trope of a Suk Wong character and Fire/Fighting starter is already used and made worse by the existece of similar fighters that already exist.

I'd like to see where the evidence is that it's a Suk Wong character. Now you're just looking for reasons to hate them.

?????? said:
Smuglord is the only Pokemon I think is slightly original,

Right. Because a sea otter with shell armor and two shells fashioned into dual swords is completely unoriginal. I mean, it's just seen everywhere.

?????? said:
Smuglord is better than the other two, but the lack of attacking prowess at all makes it just unappealing and makes me want to just ditch my starter. It's a shame.

Actually, Jalorda's only considered better by many because of its Perversity Dream World ability. Daikenki, as an attacker, is superior.

wearjo

Pokemon Trader
Wow!!! I cant believe how negative anyone can get over the 5th gen pokemon!!! A lot of people say that Game Freak was running out of ideas on pokemon but that's because they were only looking into the pokemon themselves, not the reason why they look that way etc... i believe that the 5th gen pokemon are actually very creative and i do not see how anyone could say anything worse than the lack of creativity that gamefreak put into them...

One thing i think game freak could do in the next poke gens is to make the starters different types such as flying, fighting and rock... something like that maybe... or something like psychic, dark, fighting...

??????

That guy.
Grei, I really don't care if you disagree with me, but I am entitled to my disdain. I am not blinded with nostalgia, I like many of the new Pokemon this generation, but the starters are not among them, and are definitley on my most disliked of all. I am not ignorant. There is no right or wrong.

"Lacking design concept"? Already your post is blaring "ignorance." The Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott lines are all based on three separate cultures, as well has have different concepts placed into the overall designs.
I am very well aware of the cultural basis of the starters. It goes to show how they were not more upfront with the cultural impediment, not much with Wotter, but much more with Smuglord and somewhat with Emboar.

Oshawott is a Sea Otter, and by Daikenki he's gained the Sea Lion as well. It's a samurai and its shell armor resembles the armor of samurai in historical Japan.
I already know what he is based off of. For this to actually be evident, it should be Fighting type, have more armour, and be bipedal and resemble Futachimaru more than...it. All of these would aid it immensely with the type of "honour" code that is expressed with some of the fighting types. A pure water type sea lion with a sharp conch on its head does not represent Japan at all, and I know GameFreak could have done much better, as they have already. That is why Daikenki is a shame. It had potential, and it died.

Tepig is a Pig with fire concepts, which eventually becomes a wrestling fire pig.
A Fire/Fighting type has been done twice. A Suk Wong character has been done once. Gamefreak did both.

I fail to see how these designs are lacking concept, especially since they're thoughtful and clearly have effort put into them. I fail to see how their designs are bad when we have empty, thoughtless designs throughout Gen 1 (Voltorb, Seel, Ditto, Ponyta, Oddish, Goldeen, etc.) in comparison.
The starters are definitley supposed to be a cut above the rest. They are your partner for the whole game. I expect more, not less. The designs lack concept and execution of the basis could have been better.

What trope? Since when is a fire-breathing pig and a shell-sword-wielding otter a trope by any stretch of the imagination? Your logic is questionable.
Suk Wong Fire/Fighting starter, "royal" starter (Piplup) to name a few.

I'll admit Fire/Fighting isn't too creative, and Water and Grass are basic. But the Starters don't need to have crazy, never-before-typings to be good. That should be obvious.
Water/Fighting for Wotter is not crazy and Grass/Dark or Grass/Psychic is not crazy for Smuglord. Both are used typings that could be easily executed and evident in their design.

I thought you were so sure that they were lacking concepts in the first place. Plus, how can their concepts be "unmatching?" That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day, especially considering this is Pokemon you're talking about. Pokemon, with an eel that's pure-Electric with the ability to levitate. Pokemon, with a heart fish (in two different situations). Pokemon, with a steel praying mantis.

Pig and Fire aren't opposite concepts, they can work just fine together. Grass and Snake? Duh. Water and Sea Otter is a no-brainer, and Sea Otter and Samurai aren't opposites either. Sugimori just thought it'd be cool to have a blade-wielding otter and gave it a shell (which is fitting) as a sword.

Your complaint about "unmatching concepts" is a rather baseless one, considering that you don't seem to have any clue what you're talking about.
Slightly poor choice of words on my part. Simply, a quadrupedal swordsman does not work. The Samurai was much more evident in Futachimaru then Daikenki. And I'm not saying that they do not work, but other bases for the starters would have been so much more effective. Why settle for mediocrity?

And for the basis of Emboar, I have been incorrectly titling the story. It is called Journey to the West and is Chinese, and the main character is Sun Wukong, the basis for Infernape. I apologize.

In Journey to the West, Suk Wukong is accompanied by his boar companion, Zhu Bajie, another fighter, in his quest. That character is the basis for Emboar. Both are Fire/Fighting types. I smell Copy Paste.

Right. Because a sea otter with shell armor and two shells fashioned into dual swords is completely unoriginal. I mean, it's just seen everywhere.
Mixing two random tropes together is the unoriginal part. And doing it badly is the bad part. It could be done nicely, Game Freak has done it before. I see it like Lady Gaga, weird or shocking does not equal art.

Actually, Jalorda's only considered better by many because of its Perversity Dream World ability. Daikenki, as an attacker, is superior.
I was referring to the in-game experience, in which the player is not likely to start with a Perversity Smuglord. And I've played with him on PO, he is not up to my liking. Sceptile is still a better sweeper.

I really don't care if you don't like my opinion, it still stands the starters this generation had potential and in my and many eyes, they lost it. How about you actually comment on my team instead of on my little rant?

Wow!!! I cant believe how negative anyone can get over the 5th gen pokemon!!! A lot of people say that Game Freak was running out of ideas on pokemon but that's because they were only looking into the pokemon themselves, not the reason why they look that way etc... i believe that the 5th gen pokemon are actually very creative and i do not see how anyone could say anything worse than the lack of creativity that gamefreak put into them...

One thing i think game freak could do in the next poke gens is to make the starters different types such as flying, fighting and rock... something like that maybe... or something like psychic, dark, fighting...
I don't hate the 5th generation. I think it's starter Pokemon are the worst of the series, but I have many favorites in the generation. But starter Pokemon are a crucial part of the game.

Anyways this has gotten off topic, and hasn't dealt with my team. Please comment on it!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
[IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/497.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/528.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/516.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/555.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/604.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/571.png[/IMG139]​

That's my planned team for Black version. I've made several changes to it over the past couple of months, but I feel that these are all Pokemon that I could use in the game. Jalorda really wasn't my first choice of Starter Pokemon since I didn't think it was my kind of Pokemon. Now however, I think I'm starting to like it more so I've decided to choose Snivy as my Starter. Kokoromori is going to be my Flying-type since I love the species and I hate using the generic "regional bird". Hiyakkie is going to be my Water-type. I was going to choose Abagoura instead, but I don't want to wait until the Resort Desert for the fossil to Purotoga, so I'll use Hiyakkie instead since Hiyappu can be obtained at the Site of Dreams. Darmanitan is going to be my Fire-type since I'll be needing one. Darumakka are common in the Resort Desert, so I'll just catch one there and level it up to Darmanitan. Shibirudon will be my Electric-type. I love the design of this Pokemon as opposed to Zekuraika's, so I just have to have it on my team. The only issue: Shibishirasu aren't found until after the fifth Gym, and even then, they're super rare. I figure I can find one though, if I search hard enough. I know it'll be hard work, but I'm in the mood to take risks in Black version. Zoroark will be my final Pokemon. It's a wild-card of sorts, but I love the species and it learns quite a few interesting moves so I'm getting one.

Lord_Kain

Just call me Kain
in the sig

attacks dont really matter since i dont battle with other people, and if i did i would have separate pokemon for that.

Cerex

Initially I wanted the water starter for my White version; however, since I'm fairly there that there will be a third game this generation, not counting any possible remakes, I'm going to with the fire starter and the female player.

My final time will probably be this:
1. Enbuoo
I didn't really like it at first, but it's grown on me a lot since. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it is basically a fusion of Magmortar and Rhyperior visually, which are two of my favorites.
2. Mushaana
Kind of the same thing with Mushaana. I hated it at first, but I liked it after a while. It's cute, and it like me, likes to sleep a lot.
3. Tsunbeaa
I've been looking forward to a Polar Bear pokemon for a while, so when it came up, and after the initial shock, it was obviously going to be on my team.
4. Baffuron
In a generation that was filled with "WTFs" Buffuron definitely is one of those faces that was just always awesome to me. I'm just shocked that they didn't given this Aloe one in games.
5. Wooguru
Wargle/Wooguru is also pretty cool. It's an eagle that basically screen bad ***.
6. Gigalith
This is a weird choice. I kinda laughed at its design and that of its pre-evolutions, but like so much of this generation it grew on me. I'm interested in seeing how it actually looks and moves in the anime though.

Aurath8

4. Baffuron
In a generation that was filled with "WTFs" Buffuron definitely is one of those faces that was just always awesome to me. I'm just shocked that they didn't given this Aloe one in games.

They didn't give it to Aloe because at the point in the game where your pokemon are around 17 it is hard enough to deal with an evolved Miruhog than with a pokemon with good defences for a fully-evolved OU tank and similar attack to stuff like Torterra.

??????

That guy.
They didn't give it to Aloe because at the point in the game where your pokemon are around 17 it is hard enough to deal with an evolved Miruhog than with a pokemon with good defences for a fully-evolved OU tank and similar attack to stuff like Torterra.
Who cares? I love challenges in the Pokemon games. Hopefully they give ti to her in the next games. One of the many reasons I loved RBY was the challenge of the leaders, abet a bit unbalanced in level, but still fun. If you can't beat a leader, tough rubbery titties. Train harder.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
?????? said:
I already know what he is based off of. For this to actually be evident, it should be Fighting type, have more armour, and be bipedal and resemble Futachimaru more than...it. All of these would aid it immensely with the type of "honour" code that is expressed with some of the fighting types. A pure water type sea lion with a sharp conch on its head does not represent Japan at all, and I know GameFreak could have done much better, as they have already. That is why Daikenki is a shame. It had potential, and it died.

So... because they aren't exactly what you wanted, they suck? It doesn't have a Fighting-type and it doesn't look as close to Futachimaru as you want it to... and so it's a horrible design? Seriously?

Let me explain this. Daikenki could not have had samurai armor. Its weapon is the shell, and rightfully so. Therefore, the shell armor makes sense. Also, the conch is like the headgear that samurais wore. Even its chest markings relate it to samurais--it looks like a breastplate. Everything in Daikenki's design screams "Samurai," and that represents Japan.

?????? said:
A Fire/Fighting type has been done twice. A Suk Wong character has been done once. Gamefreak did both.

A pure-Grass Starter has been done before. So has a pure Water-type starter.

Also, you still haven't explained how Emboar is a Suk Wong character. Wrestler does not automatically equate to Suk Wong.

?????? said:
The starters are definitley supposed to be a cut above the rest. They are your partner for the whole game. I expect more, not less. The designs lack concept and execution of the basis could have been better.

You have yet to actually explain how they lack concept and execution. I think you should, otherwise you're just rambling complaints. And no, it's not an "opinion," that would relate to an actual fact about the designs.

?????? said:
Suk Wong Fire/Fighting starter, "royal" starter (Piplup) to name a few.

If you're so annoyed that they're supposedly re-using ideas, why do you like Jalorda more than Emboar or Daikenki? The thing is a royal starter just like Piplup.

And guess what! Jalorda's green, like Sceptile. They reused that idea too.

?????? said:
Water/Fighting for Wotter is not crazy and Grass/Dark or Grass/Psychic is not crazy for Smuglord. Both are used typings that could be easily executed and evident in their design.

I'll admit Water/Fighting would have worked for Daikenki, but Grass/Psychic and Grass/Dark would not have worked for Jalorda. Look at it. There's nothing Psychic or Dark about it. Grass/Dragon, maybe, but Game Freak needs to set its limits, as a Dragon-type Starter would be very easily game-breaking.

?????? said:
Slightly poor choice of words on my part. Simply, a quadrupedal swordsman does not work. The Samurai was much more evident in Futachimaru then Daikenki. And I'm not saying that they do not work, but other bases for the starters would have been so much more effective. Why settle for mediocrity?

It's quadrupedal, is it?

I think not.

Daikenki is still following the samurai theme, even moreso than Futachimaru. Daikenki has actual swords, unlike Futachimaru's round shells.

And I fail to see how the samurai is more evident in Futachimaru. Daikenki has samurai armor, long whiskers similar to the stereotypical samurai (who is commonly depicted with a long mustache and goatee), actual sword-like shells, a war fan-like tail... unlike Futachimaru, who has dual shells and... pants.

?????? said:
And for the basis of Emboar, I have been incorrectly titling the story. It is called Journey to the West and is Chinese, and the main character is Sun Wukong, the basis for Infernape. I apologize.

In Journey to the West, Suk Wukong is accompanied by his boar companion, Zhu Bajie, another fighter, in his quest. That character is the basis for Emboar. Both are Fire/Fighting types. I smell Copy Paste.

But is this really a bad thing? It's a different character used as a basis, and both Infernape and Emboar are Fire-type Starters. I feel like that's more of a result of design research (and giving Emboar a fitting basis) than a result of laziness.

?????? said:
Mixing two random tropes together is the unoriginal part. And doing it badly is the bad part. It could be done nicely, Game Freak has done it before. I see it like Lady Gaga, weird or shocking does not equal art.

I disagree, I think Emboar has a good design. Again, simply because it's not mind-shatteringly new and original does not mean it has a bad design. As I said above, it's fitting for Emboar to have the same typing as Infernape if they are both based off of characters in the same story.

?????? said:
I was referring to the in-game experience, in which the player is not likely to start with a Perversity Smuglord. And I've played with him on PO, he is not up to my liking. Sceptile is still a better sweeper.

I'm not sure if you expected a speedy tank like Jalorda to be a good sweeper, but... whatever. Sceptile is probably going to stay one of the better sweeper starters, no generation is going to change that.

?????? said:
I don't hate the 5th generation. I think it's starter Pokemon are the worst of the series, but I have many favorites in the generation. But starter Pokemon are a crucial part of the game.

And the starters are just fine. Its your fault the starters were ruined, not GameFreak's--that much is clear because of how many people really like the Starters this Gen. I honestly think you just had different expectations for the starters, and when you saw the starters weren't fulfilling your expectations, they became "poorly-designed." Like I said originally--hate them all you want. Just don't be angry at GameFreak for not making the starters the way you wanted them to.

Your team's fine. I heard that some people were disappointed in Denchura, so there may be better options for Electric-types. But otherwise the other choices are solid.

Last edited:

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I have a quick question- as of recently, I have became obsessed with the pokemon Riguree and Ishizumai, and I want to have them on my Black Team. I am trying to hide myself from Location Spoilers until the games come out. But I want to know if I can get these pokemon pretty early, as in before the 4th-5th gym. Is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.