• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is/will be your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

forever.
Pokemon Black. So, my ideal team:

Futachimaru
Gigaiasu
Oobemu
Ononokusu (False Swipe) / Reshiram (later)
Zoroark / Shibirudon (if Zoroark unobtainable at time)
Wargle (trade from White)

Evolution Stone for the win. Thank goodness GAME FREAK brought that, will be mighty handy for Futachimaru in the longer run. :D

Revenent

Doryuuzu Trainer
I predict too many lead Hihidaruma of this moveset:

Hihidaruma@Choice Band
Encourage Adamant or Bold
252 Atk/252 HP or Def or SpDef or Speed
-Flare Blitz
-Superpower
-U-Turn
-Earthquake

Well, thats my Hihidaruma :D I role Adamant nature and 252 Atk and 252 Speed and 4 HP.

:D rate my Hihidaruma moveset and give me credit if you use it :D

rpghuin

Stat Reductor
Um why do alot of people Have daikenki or warubiaru I know there cool but their like on everyones team I usually pick pokemon that nobody likes so it's too soon to tell as of now

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
so any advice?

Originally Posted by pokeman13
i thought this could be a really awsome team
could i have some feedback.

1.Jaroda [grass]
ability: overgrow
nature: modest
moves:
1.calm mind
2.giga drain
3.energy ball
4.grass knot

2.Gamageroge [water/ground]
ability: poison hand
moves:
1.toxic
2.venom shock
3.earthquake
4.hydro pump

3.Shanderaa [fire/ghost]
ability: flame body
moves:
1.calm mind
2.bursting flame
3.purgatory
4.evil eye

4.Emonga [elec/flying]
ability: motor drive
nature: hasty
moves:
1.agility
2.electra ball
3.volt change
4.aerial ace

5.Kirikizan [dark/steel]
ability: competitive spirit
nature: adament
moves:
1.sword dance/claw sharpen
2.night slash
3.iron head
4.guillotine

6.Kyuremu [dragon/ice] (ledgendary)
ability: pressure
nature: naughty
moves:
1.claw sharpen/calm mind
2.frozen world/freeze bolt(if 3rd game theory is correct)
3.outrage/cold
4.dragon claw

Jaroda doesn't need 3 grass type attacks, even for in game it won't do you any good if you come across something that is resisted to grass. I'd suggest replacing 2 of them with Coil & Dragon Tail/Aerial Ace

Shanderra I'd give Will o Wisp in replace for Purgatory, it has better accuracy and you already have bursting flame.

I don't think Kyuremu can be found until after you've beaten the Elite & complete story mode, so if this is an in game team You need to replace it with an Ice type or a Dragon type.
Ice type I like Furiijio, he's fast and learns: FLash Cannon, IceBeam/IceBreath/Nightslash/Light screen

Dragon type I like: Sazandora it learns: Cheer up, Dragon Pulse, Surf, Rock Slide.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Here is my current Isshu team. I have memorized all of their moves including their old and new moves haha. I just defeated N and Geechisu right after they appeared and interrupted my challenge of Champion Adeku of the Pokemon League. I'm just worried that this team won't be all that good against the new trainers who appear all over Isshu now that the main quest was completed and their monsters in the high 60s-70s so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a better team or something. I just want to do well since these games are hard.

[IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/503.png[/IMG139]
Daikenki level 62 w/Quick Claw (Modest)
-Surf
-Blizzard
-Revenge
-Slash

[IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/514.png[/IMG139]
Baokki level 55 w/Charcoal (Adamant)
-Rock Slide
-Shadow Claw
-Focus Blast
-Bursting Flame

[IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/549.png[/IMG139]
Doreida level 55 w/Miracle Seed (Sassy)
-Cut
-Petal Dance
-Giga Drain
-Facade

[IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/521.png[/IMG139]
Kenhorou level 55 w/Sharp Beak (Brave)
-Air Slash
-Quick Attack
-Razor Wind
-Fly

[IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/523.png[/IMG139]
Zeburaika level 55 w/Blackglasses (Serious)
-Volt Charge
-Thunderbolt
-Stomp
-Nitro Charge

[IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/508.png[/IMG139]
Muurando level 55 w/Amulet Coin (Modest)
-Crunch
-Wild Bolt
-Strength
-Dig

Grei

not the color
Um why do alot of people Have daikenki or warubiaru I know there cool but their like on everyones team I usually pick pokemon that nobody likes so it's too soon to tell as of now

Perhaps because Daikenki and Warubiaru are both very strong...?

Daikenki's also a Starter, so just like Jaroda and Emboar, it's going to see widespread usage.

How about this: Pick the Pokemon you like instead of depending on what everyone else doesn't like. You'll probably be happier playing with your favorites instead of constructing a team of unpopular Pokemon, especially since the unpopular ones are going to be the weak ones.

Skyliner

Destruction to all
You can look at my signiture to see pics, but my team will be
Emboar - I like him the best of the starters
Shibirudon - Has good stats
Ononokusu - Very strong, hope to get a shiny one
Desukan - A very nice Ghost
Gamageroge - One of my favorite type combos, Water/Ground
Warubiaru - Really cool

Clavis

Old School Trainer
My future team is in my signature. All of my reserves (of other types) will come from my previous Generation IV games. I love Pokabu, but the others are of types I do not have in my main teams. My teams from Platinum and HeartGold were of every type except for Psychic, Ice, Dark, Ghost, and Dragon. So I decided to try these five types out for my main Gen. V team. We will see how that goes in terms of winning battles, I suppose...

Cobalt_Latios

Despite what my signature may tell you, I have plans for a far more diverse team. Yes, I do realize that it will take a while to actually acquire them in game, but I'm not phazed; some of them are well worth the effort of obtaining.

Some that I have interest in using besides who are present in my sig are as follows:

- Zeburaika
- Warubiaru
- Doredia
- Hihidaruma
- Iwaparesu
- Zuruzukin
- Desukan
- Zoroark (I've found someone who's breeding Zorua's. I have one reserved)
- Rankurusu
- Denchura
- Nattorei
- Shibirudon
- Oobemu
- Shandera
- Kojondo
- Kirikizan
- Wargle
- Aianto
- Sazando
- Urugamosu

I have more, but those are the ones I'm most fond of.

C_L

573.png

Chirachiino (ホワイト) - I love normal types. If this generation had a couple more of them, I'd go through the game with only normals. But I love his movepool.

Jolly
Technician
-Bullet Seed
-Sweep Slap
-Encore
-Rock Blast

586.png

Mebukijika (グリーン) - Another Normal for my team. I'll probably want the autumn form of it (and I have no idea where to find the alternate sprites online...). It's nice to have a full-on grass resist, and its movepool is surprisingly wide for a quadruped.

Jolly
Herbavore
-Wood Horn
-Return
-Jump Kick
-Wild Bolt

623.png

Goruggu (ジメン or チャイロ) - Great defensive typing to switch in to a myriad of types, allowing me to have an easier time through the game. He also has a nifty movepool that is naturally learned. It provides necessary ghost, ground, and even fighting attacks. And why the hell can this thing fly?! Well, can't complain about that!

Adamant
Iron Fist
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Shadow Punch
-Fly (for utility)/Earthquake/Stone Edge

632.png

Aianto (グレイ) - Awesome typing, quick, and strong. Gives me a great set of immunities to help balance my team. I just wish he had a wider movepool.

Jolly
Hustle
-Claw Sharpen
-Iron Head
-X-Scissor
-Dig/Stone Edge/Baton Pass

596.png

Denchuura (イエロー or デンキ) - Unique typing, good ability to work with Thunder, good stats all around, and just a cool Pokémon. I hate arachnids, but this one's surprisingly... cute.

Timid
Compound Eyes
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Volt Change
-Energy Ball

503.png

Daikenki (ブルー) - Pretty much the only decent water type this generation. Weird, how few water types were released, considering the past generations, especially Generation II, had a variety to choose from... Has a decent mixed movepool (but I really don't want to breed for Hidden Power Electric, important to a mixed set, early in the game), and will be my only surfer. Plus, I dig the 'stache.

Modest
Torrent
-Surf
-Hydro Pump
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam

As for items, I'll probably just use whatever I come across (like MysticWater, Miracle Seed, etc).

I think this is pretty balanced... I'm considering replacing Aianto for something else like Rankurusu or Urugamosu, but I feel as though losing a reliable steel type is a bad idea. I think I have most of my needed resistances covered. Too bad I don't like any of the new fire types except Shandaraa, which I don't want to work on getting the dream world ability for. Hope it's good...

-Zane

Edit: Considering Victini now... Would probably help round out my team a lot better, considering I don't need Aianto for grass, normal, or rock resist, with Goruggo and Mebukijika around... Although, it does cause me to lose Dark resistance, and actually develop a weakness to it, but I've Denchura for super effective damage, I guess... It also means I have no dragon resist, but I don't think that'll be too big of an issue considering it's for in-game play rather than competitive play.

So I need help now. I need a something to help me deal with Dark attacks. The only Pokémon I'm really willing to substitute is Aianto... But not only do I not have a fire Pokémon, or attacks, but I don't have a Dark resistance. If anybody could suggest a Pokémon that's NOT ugly to help me out on balancing my team, it would help a lot!

-Zane

Some_Chick

Manectric Breeder
The ant is good against Dark. Bug trumps Dark. and steel is resistant against Dark. so you already have a perfect counter to Dark.

as for Fire, you are kind of out of luck if you dont want to sacrifice anything else. if the ant is what you want to sacrifice, then id say replace it with a Fire type that has access to fighting/bug moves.

My current team for Black will eventually look like this.

Jaroda
497.png

Gamageroge
537.png

Pendrah
545.png

Shibildon
604.png

Shandela
609.png

I haven't been able to decide on what my sixth pokemon will be. Any suggestions to help balance out my current team?

Last edited:

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
My current team for Black will eventually look like this.

Jaroda
497.png

Gamageroge
537.png

Pendrah
545.png

Shibildon
604.png

Shandela
609.png

I haven't been able to decide on what my sixth pokemon will be. Any suggestions to help balance out my current team?

Try a FLying type Aakeosu or Kokoromori
Or maybe an Ice type like Furiijio to take care of pesky dragons.

The ant is good against Dark. Bug trumps Dark. and steel is resistant against Dark. so you already have a perfect counter to Dark.

as for Fire, you are kind of out of luck if you dont want to sacrifice anything else. if the ant is what you want to sacrifice, then id say replace it with a Fire type that has access to fighting/bug moves.

Yeah that's why I was considering Victini. With its ability, it boosts the accuracy of Focus Blast making it much more reliable, so I was thinking that if I tossed that on the movepool, it might be a good way for me to deal with them while giving me a nice Fire stab that is much needed on my team. I don't know. Not only that but Aianto is really, really late in the game, so I'd be lacking until then... Hmm.

-Zane

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well, that depends on if you're able to access the Victini event.

Regarding Fire-types, your starter should be able to take care of them just fine. Goruuggo as well, provided you'll have Earthquake on him. Focus Punch and Substitute may work against human players, but they usually don't against computer players because they will usually just attack all the time.

Teddiursa11

I love Honey,Teddi
It was hard deciding my team but here it is:
Jaroda Awesome Starter,Looks better than the other 2
Leaf Blade,Coil,Aerial Ace,Dragon Tail
Reparudasu I love Cats and Dark Types.Mixed Together I love it
Night Slash,Slash.Fake out,Claw Sharpen
Hiyakki Gift, Don't Wanna Waste it
Boiling Water,Acrobat,Crunch,Ice Beam
Warubiaru Looks Deadly,And Dark Type
Earthquake,Trickery,Outrage,Stone edge/Shadow Claw
Musharna Type Coverage Mostly