• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is/will be your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodBoyDragon

Dragon´s Den Keeper
I noticed something wrong on your HM slaves. Murando can only learn 2 HMs which make it more of a powerhouse than an HM slave. Same with Goruggo as it can also only learn 2 HMs. A better slave would probably be something like a water type as it can learn 3/6 HMs which almost sums up all up by half. Swanna is a good choice for both dive, surf and fly. Burungel can also learn all 3 water HMs. For Early game Murando and Goruggo is good but the post-game it will be difficult keeping up with all HMs without resorting to teaching your main pokemon them aswell.

my bad :) working on it

Kojo

Anyone use Doryuzu in game? How was it?

I'm trying to decide if I should use Doryuzu or Waruvial. Waruvial is cool and it has a better movepool, but Doryuzu is available earlier in the game (if I don't catch it I'll end up soloing with my starter until after the 2nd gym) and its Steel type would fit my team more.

Rose Storm

I claim your soul.
This is what I had in mind for when the UK release finally arrives.

497.gif

Jalorda is undoubtedly the best starter that's ever been created. I love Grass-types, snakes, and its sly look. Yes, its offenses are quite pathetic, but it can more than make up for it with Coil, Growth, and Leech Seed.

523.gif

I just love this thing. Yes, it'll be a pain to train due to its rubbish defenses, but I'm determined to raise one no matter what.

561.gif

Nazca bird comes to the rescue. It just looks plain awesome, and I love how everyone hasn't got a clue what it's supposed to be. 103 Special Attack and 97 Speed that early on is a blessing.

596.gif

I didn't like the spider at first, but now I realise how awesome it is. I'll have lots of fun using CompoundEyes Thunder with it, and it'll decimate Geechisu's Sazandora, which I'd otherwise have trouble with.

598.gif

Forretress's badass cousin. Not just awesome competitively, but the look on its face just made it an insta-fave in-game too. I used Gliscor in my Platinum game, and this thing looks like it functions similarly, with acceptable Attack, awesome bulk, and lots of useful resistances.

609.gif

Shandera, along with Shibirudon, was among the first of my favourites this Generation. The only reason Shibirudon isn't here is because of its unfortunate level-up movepool as a Shibibiru. Shandera isn't just powerful, it looks awesome, and its cry reminds me of Froslass - dark, scary and awesome.

I've been mulling around with some team ideas to improve mine, because having actually used them, I had a LOT of trouble in some places. For example, the battle vs Cheren just before entering mt. Neji. Hiyakey with Boil Over almost killed me completely.

Main team for Pokemon White and then Pokemon Grey when it comes out:
My Starter
I have to say, the more I look at Pokabu's line, the more I like them, but I feel far too strongly about how great Mijumaru is not to use him. Plus, pure types come with a better deal as they can't be taken out by 4x damage, and in Water's case, only have two weaknesses. Pure Grass is a horribly weak type though (Fire, Flying, Bug, Poison, Ice).
Anyway.

Otto [Male] (Derivation of otter)
iaza13054850146600.gif

Moveset: Megahorn, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump/Surf, Dragon Tail.
Item: Draco Plate.
Stats: Gonna get that attack boosted up so its about the same as his Sp. Attack. Attack enhancing nature, probably.
Ability: Torrent.
Strategy (And Reasoning): Megahorn is available early-ish, especially if you follow a walk-through and collect at least one Heart Scale. Plus its rather powerful, and is a good second bet if Moe gets K.Od. He also has a nice powerful STAB move in Hydro pump, boosted by his reasonable Special attack. Surf replaces it until that level, and by the time I get to that level, I won't need him for surfing any more anyway. Finally, he's also going to be my primary Dragon killer. I got him ice Beam and Dragon Tail with a Draco plate to make these moves power up some more.

Seeing as I've already mentioned him, Moe is next. Moe is a Zuruzukin. I really love the whole Gangster/punk/chav/etc... look about him, and I also love his type. I also love yellow and orange, so I really like both of these Pokemon.

Moe [Male] (From Mohawk- just look at his head for that)
iaza13054811796000.gif

Moveset: Crunch, Drain Punch, Poison Jab, Head Smash.
Item: Leftovers
Stats: Obviously attack based, plus I'll try to make my defence good too, because my main threat here is fighting types.
Ability: Overconfidence.
Strategy (And Reasoning): A lot of this is mainly because of the huge amount of damage Head Smash will do Moe. Leftovers and Drain Punch are good ways to win back a little health from using it. Good defence helps me from receiving too much extra damage from the foe. Crunch takes care of the annoying Special mine-fielded area of Psychic and Ghost types. Poison Jab is a "Spare" move that can poison and do damage, so would be useful for doing some extra damage on the foe if I need it. As well as the extra healing side to it, Drain Punch also is rather useful for taking out Dark types. Finally, I get an attack boost from Overconfidence, which I need because Zuruzukin has no attack boosting moves to boost up his Crunch and Drain Punch.

Next we move on to a Special typed beast. I immediately fell in love with Koromori when I saw it, and kokoromori didn't disappoint either. He's a pretty powerful Pokemon, and I really love using him.

Chiro [Male] (Derives from the Latin name for bats)
iaza13054812190000.gif

Moveset: Air Slash, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Psychic
Item: Meadow Plate.
Stats: Boosted Special attack, and both defences boosted a little each.
Ability: Unaware.
Strategy (And Reasoning): Psychic and Air Slash gain STAB and are useful for a variety of Pokemon. Shadow Ball is there as yet another Psychic and Ghost killer. Finally, the Meadow Plate-boosted Energy Ball. Kokoromori can't be taken out by Earthquake thanks to its Flying type. This makes it a good candidate for taking out those pesky Water/Ground types that have appeared in every Gen apart from Gen 1 and who people seem to love so much (Me included, I love Swampert). Plus any defence increasing will be ignored by Unaware!

Next, we move onto a veritable powerhouse. He's an extremely good Sweeper, and he is a Pure Fire type. Hihidaruma, and awesome Pokemon. He has a fantastic mischievous expression to him which I love, plus he is a great replacement to the Fire/Fighting types I love so much.

Dolly [Female] (Daruma DOLLS)
iaza13054832567700.gif

Moveset: Fire Punch, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Hammer Arm.
Item: Fame Plate
Stats: Attack boosted beast of DOOM. He's also going to have boosted Defence.
Ability: Encourage.
Strategy (And Reasoning): I Love Hihidaruma SO much. He has a really high attack stat, an ability that only increases this, and some really powerful attacking moves at his (or her, in my case) disposal. Case one, Fire Punch, Available really early on as a move, boosted by high attack, STAb and my lovely Flame Plate, or the Charcoal I will ask for in Shippou. Powerful move number two, Earthquake, possibly the most spammed move ever. Takes out some seriously annoying Pokemon. Stone Edge, to take out any Flying types that won't fall to Earthquake, alos powerful. Finally, Hammer arm, my spare Fighting move if Moe faints. Also really powerful. You can't really lose with Hihidaruma, but his weakness to Ground, Rock and Water does make him vulnerable. That's why I hope his increased defence will protect him a little bit.

Nearing the end now, my next Pokemon is a Steel Mole. Doryuuzu and Warubiaru were my two favourite Ground types this Gen, I really like "English" animals, and we have got a few moles here, as well as otters. I love cheerful Pokemon, and Moguryu has a cheerful and slightly crazy expression which I love. I also love Badass no fuss Pokemon, and Doryuuzu fills this fantastically.

Digga [Male] (Not a very creative nickname, but oh well.)
iaza13054852978100.gif

Moveset: Claw Sharpen, Earthquake, Aerial Ace, Return
Item: Sky Plate
Stats: High attack and high Defence.
Ability: Mold Breaker
Strategy (And Reasoning): Claw Sharpen to get him super powerful. Earthquake, Return and Aerial Ace (boosted by his Sky Plate) are his killing moves. Earthquake mainly. His ability is useful too. He's obviously going to have max happiness too.

My last Pokemon! A Good Electric type, plus it's really, really cute in my opinion. I really like Denchura. I admire Gamefreak's ability to create a cute Spider. Bachuru is ADORABLE! And Denchura isn't bad either. I also like Electric types a lot too, so these Pokemon are perfect for me.

Aria [Female] (Sounds a bit like Araignée, the word for Spider in French)
iaza13054842431300.gif

Moveset: Electra Ball, Thunder, Signal beam, Energy Ball
Item: Wide Lens
Stats: Really, really high speed and good special attack.
Ability: Compoundeyes
Strategy (And Reasoning): Accuracy and Speed based Special attacker, Aria. Giving her Thunder may be risky in some people's eyes, but Compoundeyes and Wide Lens means the accuracy of this move is instantly boosted. Electra ball is an excuse to have a really good speed, and Signal beam has a lovely confusion bonus. Those are the STAB moves. I couldn't choose any other moves I liked, so I went for two Electric ones. Energy Ball is there in case Chiro faints, as a back-up.

Now for the really powerful replacement. I'll only use this guy in game. He is one of the main reasons I'm choosing White, for exactly the same reasons I chose Diamond; I prefer the Legendary I'll get. Zekrom screams badass and power, so I really like him. I'm unlikely to ever get him to level 100, so that's why I'm not using Lightning strike.

Zack (This will change if this is my trainer name, to Zekky. Both uncreative, but whatever.)
iaza13054866718300.gif

Moveset: Cross Thunder, Outrage, Crunch, Fly
Item: Persim Berry
Stats: High attack, high Defence.
Ability: Teravolt
Strategy (And Reasoning): Pretty explanatory really. He's a Physical attacker, so he gets physical moves. Two of them get STAB, and I need a spare Dark type. And a Flyer, cos Chiro can't have it, not seeing as he's a Special attacker. The Persim berry is there so that he isn't confused after his first Outrage.

Monotypes
Fighting
Pokemon 1: Musket (Virizion) @Insect Plate- Leaf Blade, Protect, Close Combat, X-scissor [Justice Heart]
Pokemon 2: Moe (Male Zuruzukin-Not the same as my team one) @DraCo Plate- Substitute, Focus Punch, Crunch, Dragon Claw [Overconfidence]
Pokemon 3: Webb (Male Poliwrath) @Wide Lens- Hypnosis, Ice Beam, Focus Blst, Hydro Pump [Water Absorb]
Pokemon 4: Lucas (Male Lucario) @Flame Plate- Earthquake, Blaze Kick, Stone Edge, Cross chop [Steadfast]
Pokemon 5: Blaze (Male Blaziken) @No item- Acrobat, Blaze kick, Claw Sharpen, Baton Pass [Speaad Boost]
Pokemon 6: Comet (Male Gallade) @Mind Plate- Thunderpunch, Leaf Blade, Psycho cut, Close Comat [Steadfast]
Tactics: Musket is a surprisingly good opener. She can doo good damage relatively quickly, and has reasonable defencves meaning she can stay on for a few turns. She is pretty much a Lone Fighter, who doesn't do much as a "team effort". She's very good as a Psychic killer, a threat to this particular team. Her replacement is a Subpunching Beloom with Seed Bomb and Vengeance. Webb and Blaze work fantastically together, with Webb having Hypnosis meaning that Blaze can Claw Sharpen away for several turns and then baton pass for an effective sweeper. Webb and Moe are powerful Dragon killers. Webb is the only Special based 'mon. Comet is a good all-round battler, who can take out various Pokemon including Flying, the other main threat to the team, as well as plenty of other Pokemon. Lucas is particularly useful because he's unusually physical based, and has a varied movepool, able to take out the Fire types that are dangerous to him, and has the useful Blaze kick. Moe is also a Sub-puncher, who also has Crunch for those Psychic and Ghost types.

Fire
Pokemon 1: Dolly (Female Hihidaruma) @Balloon- Same moveset as main team moveset. [Encourage]
Pokemon 2: Etna (Female Camerupt) @Leftovers- Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Earthquake, Eruption. [Solid Rock]
Pokemon 3: Blaze (Male Blaziken) @No item- Baton pass, Sky uppercut, Claw Sharpen, Acrobat [Speed Boost]
Pokemon 4: Victory (Victini) @Meadow Plate- Psychic, Keandan, Charge Beam, Energy Ball [Victory Star]
Pokemon 5: Moffy (Male Uragamosu) @Sky Plate- Flame Dance, Bug Buzz, Hurricane, Morning Sun [Flame Body]
Pokemon 6: Miles (Male Ninteails) @Focus Sash- Flamethrower, Return (Max Happiness), Attract, Confuse Ray [Drought]
Tactics: I love using Hihidaruma so much. So this is another perfect oportunity for that. Miles is a very annoying Pokemon to face. His drought makes the whole team suddenly stronger, and means that any Solarbeamers, like Etna, can have a field day. He also has Attract and Confuse Ray for a couple of really annoying status inflictions, as well as Return and Flamethrower so that he could fight back is he had to. Uragamosu is really quite powerful, and has a Powerful special set with a HP restorer that works doubly well in the Sunfrom Miles. Victini has also got a powerful special moveset with an important Charge beam and Energy Ball, to counter water, rock and Ground effectively. Blaze uses similar tactics as to in the Fighting team, he's a good support Pokemon, with two powerful moves to boot. Finally, Etna, who is a powerful beast. Earthquake, solarbeam, Eruption for mass destruction, plus Sunny Day in the event of Miles fainting and the Sun fading.

Last edited:

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
497.gif

Tbh, I like Jalorda's design better than the other two.

508.gif

Muurando appeals to me better than Miruhog, plus, it can learn 2 of the 6 HMs :D

516.gif

I'm not a big fan of the water types in this gen, so Hiyakkie it is. :p

560.gif

I could use a good fighting type, plus, Zuruzukin appeals to me more than the others.

545.gif

Pendra shall be my steed and he shall carry me throughout Unova/Isshu!

567.gif

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Kenhorou, plus, I would rather not wait until the 8th gym to catch a Washibon for my flying type.

-----------------

Others:
521.gif

Despite the fact that I'm not a big fan of Kenhorou, I'm gonna use him as my flying type until I'm able to get the Wing fossil.

532.gif

Tbh, I'm only gonna use Dokkora for Aloe's gym. :/
So I guess you could count him as an unofficial member of my team.

Check em

This is what I had in mind for when the UK release finally arrives.

497.gif

Jalorda is undoubtedly the best starter that's ever been created. I love Grass-types, snakes, and its sly look. Yes, its offenses are quite pathetic, but it can more than make up for it with Coil, Growth, and Leech Seed.

523.gif

I just love this thing. Yes, it'll be a pain to train due to its rubbish defenses, but I'm determined to raise one no matter what.

561.gif

Nazca bird comes to the rescue. It just looks plain awesome, and I love how everyone hasn't got a clue what it's supposed to be. 103 Special Attack and 97 Speed that early on is a blessing.

596.gif

I didn't like the spider at first, but now I realise how awesome it is. I'll have lots of fun using CompoundEyes Thunder with it, and it'll decimate Geechisu's Sazandora, which I'd otherwise have trouble with.

598.gif

Forretress's badass cousin. Not just awesome competitively, but the look on its face just made it an insta-fave in-game too. I used Gliscor in my Platinum game, and this thing looks like it functions similarly, with acceptable Attack, awesome bulk, and lots of useful resistances.

609.gif

Shandera, along with Shibirudon, was among the first of my favourites this Generation. The only reason Shibirudon isn't here is because of its unfortunate level-up movepool as a Shibibiru. Shandera isn't just powerful, it looks awesome, and its cry reminds me of Froslass - dark, scary and awesome.
Nice team. Good luck on Shinpora though, I had alot of struggles with it due to 1HKO everywhere. Defensive and speed EVs saved it though.

503.gif

This thing is pretty useful, I don't like starters in general, but this is what I like to consider the most balanced.

560.gif

DAT BRO, he's a bro-tier + VERY useful in the story.

635.gif

A pseudo-legendary that destroys everything, and look at that badass design.

528.gif

Great speed, a little meh offensive, but some ev training helped it greatly.

596.gif

Great typing, lovely design and decent stats. I love this guy so much.

598.gif

Powerhouse, nice typing and just awesome

Rose Storm

I claim your soul.
Thanks, and you too have an awesome team. You did a great job managing to raise Sazandora, I must say. How did you find Nattorei? So little people have used it that I've barely seen any opinions on it.

And, about Shinpora, I chose it mainly because its stats are pretty nice considering it comes around the third gym, and Air Slash/Shadow Ball/Psychic does great against all of the E4 except Giima.

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
Here's my planned team for White

1. Jaroda- It has good defenses and great speed.
2. Shibirudon- It will be my main electric type and he has a great design.
3. Ononokusu- He's very be powerful and will my main physical sweeper.
4. Rankurusu- He's my main special sweeper and having Magic Guard as an ability is a great advantage in my opinion.
5. Chillaccino- It's so cute and cuddly. Technician STAB Sweet Slap FTW
6. Zekrom- He's the main legendary in White, who wouldn't want to use him?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Thanks, and you too have an awesome team. You did a great job managing to raise Sazandora, I must say. How did you find Nattorei? So little people have used it that I've barely seen any opinions on it.

And, about Shinpora, I chose it mainly because its stats are pretty nice considering it comes around the third gym, and Air Slash/Shadow Ball/Psychic does great against all of the E4 except Giima.

Are you kidding? Nattorei is practically everywhere.

Well, competitively speaking, at least. Perhaps not quite as much in-game.

I was thinking something along the likes of...

Tsutarja: It's my personal favorate of the starters. And it looks awsome.

Choroneko: I plan to use it early on, but replace it with Hatooboo after it evolves and keep Lepardas in reserve for later in the game.

Hiyappu: May as well pick it up. I don't fancy my chances in the first gym without it. Replaced by Pururiru later on.

Shimama: Cool electric type!

Koromori: A Psychic/Flying type will be usefull early on.

Meguroko: A Ground type plus a Dark type to fill-in for Lepardas.

Registered to post my team. It's not complete yet, but I am working on it.

497.png

Jalorda
Smuglord. My starting pokemon and best starter ever created. Not the best attacker, but he can make up with support.

569.png

Dastodas
Great poison pokemon and seems to be horribely underused here. He is pretty decent and is a cool pokemon.

596.png

Denchula
It's an electric spider! Good typing and stats make him a great pokemon.

Now it's getting tough as I want to choose between different pokemon, please help.

560.png
or
620.png

Zuruzukin or Kojondo
Zuruzukin is the most groovy pokemon ever with as an added bonus fight/dark On the other hand, Kojondo is a badass monk with aura sphere.

606.png
or
555.png

Orbem or Hihidaruma (Daruma mode)
This choice is mostly based on when to get the Daruma mode Hihidaruma's. Is this before or after the national dex? Anyway, Orbem needs more love as his ingame sprite floats and is a damn fine psychic pokemon!

621.png
or
635.png

Crimgan or Sazandora
Another time based decision. I guess I will stick with Crimgan untill I beat the league, as Sazandora evolves laaaaate....

Well, what do you guys think

Rose Storm

I claim your soul.
Kojondo, Hihidaruma and Sazandora are all amazing - especially Hihidaruma, he makes the game easy mode. You can get the Daruma mode ones before the National Dex, too.

If you choose the other three, it'll be more challenging (except for Zuruzukin, he's about the same as Kojondo), but I personally think it's more fun that way.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
606.png
or
555.png

Orbem or Hihidaruma (Daruma mode)
This choice is mostly based on when to get the Daruma mode Hihidaruma's. Is this before or after the national dex? Anyway, Orbem needs more love as his ingame sprite floats and is a damn fine psychic pokemon!

Daruma Mode Hihidaruma is only available after you beat the game. And yes, Ohbem is an awesome Psychic-type.

Um,im new,so i not sure if this is how i post correctly,i think this is how.

Jalorda-Love the speed and defense.Probably my favorite starter ever,besides the crocodiles.

Doryuuzu-Love the look.I also love the mole in real life.

Gamageroge-Unpredictable,could have swift swim,poison hand,water absorb.And a good movepool.Great look.Only one weakness.

Waruvial-Favorite!Love the look 100%.Going to be my physical sweeper and main powerhouse.

Shibirudon-Another favorite.Great attack,i just need to add speed EV's.Plus no weaknesses!

Sazandora-The mighty psuedo,my sp.attack sweeper.Love it!

Araleon

Chill
Daikenki
Wargle
Chiraccino
Shandera
Iwaparesu
Ononokusu

OR

Daikenki
Wargle
Chiraccino
Deathkan
Denchura
Sazandora

Zepton

(edit) Reasons for picking these: basically, they look cool. Yeah. Kinda lame but, that's my reason. Plus, I'll have a variety of pokemon types, for going against gym leaders and whatnot. I put the types beside each pokemon (mostly for my own benefit: to help me remember which pokemon is which). I put moves I might teach my pokemon beside them, too. I think I'll have to get HM/TM slaves for waterfall, dive, rock climb, dig, and rock smash, but I'll worry about that in-game.(edit)

I think I'll get Black version and choose:

Gochiruzeru - psychic - Faint Attack, Psybeam, Psychic, Psycho Shock

Nattorei - grass/steel - Cut, Flash Cannon, Power Whip, Metal Claw

Abagoura - water/rock - Surf, Hydro Pump, Rock Slide, Aqua Tail

Goruuga - ground/ghost - Fly, Dynamicpunch, Shadow Punch, Heavy Bomber

Shandera - fire/ghost - Shadow Ball, Purgatory, Bursting Flame, Night Shade

Zuruzukin - dark/fight - Strength, Low Kick, Brick Break, Crunch

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.