• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is/will be your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua Ring

Guy Next Door
A few days ago, I posted that I wanted all three monkeys in my team. Now I've changed my mind. Looking at the rest of the pokemon, I found so many that I really liked. It was really hard to make a team. This is the team I've come up with so far, but it will probably change when I play the game.

Scrafty - I like his mohawk, and his great defenses.
Bisharp - Dark and Steel is a great combo. Plus, he's got great attack and many resistances.
Conkeldurr - I love fighting types. Conkeldurr is my favorite fighting type of this generation.
Gothitelle - Lady GAGA!!!! just kidding...seriously, I love her design.
Mandibuzz - She has Nasty Plot, Air Slash, and Dark Pulse! On top of that, she looks awesome!!!
Excadrill - He looks like a total badass, and has the stats to back it up.

I would use my starter, but I can't pick one! I'm still a little torn between Serperior and Samurott.

Last edited:

battle171

New Gen, Go!
Tepig, Oshawott (from my sister, after the first gym), Blitzle, Drilbur, Timbur, and Zorua, I generally try to avoid any trading until after I beat the game, but I just couldn't decide between those 2 starters, so yeah. :)

BW202

Onyx-ceptable!!!
Updated team with Scrafty replacing Unfezant. This is most likely final:

Serperior - Overgrow
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Tail
-Return
-Coil Around
Coil Around for boost. Leaf Blade for STAB. Dragon Tail for Dragons. Return for...Return.

Simipour - Gluttony
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Brick Break (Might breed for Nasty Plot after first playthrough).
Surf for STAB. Ice Beam for Grasses and coverage. Grass Knot for other Waters and coverage. Brick Break for more coverage.

Swoobat - Unaware
-Psychic
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Calm Mind
Calm Mind for boost. Psychic and Air Slash for STAB. Shadow Ball for Ghosts and other Psychics.

Zebstrika - Motor Drive
-Wild Charge
-Overheat
-Thunder Wave
-Return
Wild Charge for STAB. Overheat for coverage. Thunder Wave for crippling. Return for Return.

Darmanitan - Sheer Force
-Flare Blitz
-EQ
-Rock Slide
-U-Turn
Flare Blitz for ridiculous STAB. The rest for coverage.

Scrafty - Moxie
-Crunch
-Hi Jump Kick
-Bulk Up
-Rock Slide
Bulk Up for boost. Crunch and HJK for STAB. Rock Slide for Flyings and coverage.

Item and Nature suggestions appreciated.

Chairman

All I know is I want to start of with Oshawott, emboar is IMHO one of the ugliest pokemon in history. I want the fossil bird, not sure what it is called though. Many of the pokemon I have an interest for come really late in the game, and their highest evolution is a really high level, probably too high for the elite 4 first time... :(

luxrayshock

All I know is I want to start of with Oshawott, emboar is IMHO one of the ugliest pokemon in history. I want the fossil bird, not sure what it is called though. Many of the pokemon I have an interest for come really late in the game, and their highest evolution is a really high level, probably too high for the elite 4 first time... :(

Fossil Bird --->Archen/Archeops

Would you like some suggestions? I've got a ton.

Sure, that would be nice. ^^

I have ideas but a lot of the moves end up overlapping... Here's what I'm thinking so far:
Samurott: Surf, Ice Beam, X-Scissor, ???
Krookodile: Earthquake, Crunch, Brick Break, ???
Sigilyph: Psychic, Fly, ???, ???
Galvantula: Discharge/Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Toxic, ???
Chandelure: Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, ???
Druddigon: Dragon Claw, Night Slash, ???, ???

yeah I'm not a competitive battler, derrrp.

Nightfox

Here is my White team:

Zoroark@Wise Glasses
Illusion
Timid
Dark Pulse or Night Burst
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Nasty Plot or Extrasensory

Chandelure@Leftovers
Shadow Tag or Flash Fire
Timid
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Calm Mind

Galvantula@Life orb
Compoundeyes
Timid
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Thunder Wave or Volt Change

Samurott@Expert belt
Torrent
Naive or Hasty
Surf or Boiling water
Ice Beam
Mega Horn
Air Slash or Revenge

Haxorus@Muscle Band
Mold Breaker
Adamant
Dragon dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Braviary@Muscle Band
Competitive Spirit or Sheer Force
Jolly
Brave bird
Rock Slide
Superpower
Fly or Shadowclaw

Any suggestions are appreciated

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I've had to think long and hard about this as i like so many of the new pokemon.

Tepig/Pignite/Emboar - Bebop (TMNT)
Lillipup ect - C.B.Barkin (All dogs go to heaven)
Pidove ect - Pheasant (Animals of Farthing Wood)
Blitzle ect - Z.Z. Storm
Sandile ect - Rex
Pansage ect - Elvis

All subject to change however. :D.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
t h e D I L E M M A

~I have five definites
~I'm really unsure about the sixth member...

t h e D E F I N I T E S

Daikenki | Water
Mixed Sweeper
503.png

Muurando | Normal
Physical Sweeper
508.png

Swoobat | Psychic-Flying
Special Sweeper; Flier
528.png

Doredia | Grass
Special Sweeper
549.png

Iwaparesu | Bug-Rock
Physical Sweeper
558.png

t h e O P T I O N S

~Waruvial | Ground-Dark
Physical Sweeper

~Scrafty | Fighting-Dark
Physical Sweeper

~Amoonguss | Grass-Poison
Status Afflictor

~Garbodor | Poison
Tank

~Vanilluxe | Ice
Special Sweeper

~Bisharp | Dark-Steel
Physical Sweeper

~Maggyo | Ground-Electric
Mixed? Sweeper/Annoyer

~Beeheeyem | Psychic
Special Sweeper

t h e Q U E S T I O N S
~should I pick a final member as a physical or special oriented member? the current balance is 2-2-1 [physical-special-mixed]
~should I pick a final member based on certain type advantages?

I'd love some input please :]

*Note; you probably noticed I use a combination of Japanese and English names - I just type whichever comes into my head first.

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
For black;
Samurott,Scrafty,Excadrill,Archeops,Eelektross,Darmanitan.
And for white;
Emboar,Swoobat,Zoroark,Lilligant,Seismitoad,Beartic.

Soriana

Musketeerific!
I'm an indecisive person by nature, and there are so many awesome Gen. V Pokés that I'm kinda dying inside. Just a little. XD So I'll post a few of my ideas.

638.png
497.png
589.png
521.png
563.png
625.png

Cobalion--Serperior--Escavalier--Unfezant--Cofagrigus--Bisharp​

This will probably be my main team after I beat the game. (I say 'probably' because I know I'll alternate a few of these. Plus I'm like, obsessed with Shiny Cobalion.) I always have at least one legend and one starter on tap. Pretty standard. I'm generally a fan of Water-type starters, but Oshawott is kinda... meh. It's cute, but Serperior is win.

586.png
579.png
545.png
628.png
612.png
623.png

Sawsbuck--Reuniclus--Scolipede--Braviary--Haxorus--Golurk​

This just looks awesome to me.

638.png
639.png
640.png
647.png
648.png
649.png

Cobalion--Terrakion--Virizion--Keldeo--Meloetta--Genesect​

Ah, yes, The infamous all-legend team. Mind, half of these guys are event-only, so I'll have to work hard to complete this sextet. But it will be so, so worth it in the end. Until then, I'll be subbing Zekrom, Victini, and Thundurus for Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.

Will most likely post again with more team ideas.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
does anyone have a good plan for a vanilluxe moveset? I got hail and ice beam/blizzard, but the movepool is shallow but I still need ice attacks pre-ice beam tm

Shadow XD001

Planned Pokemon Black Team

Okay, here's my Planned Black Team:

500.png
419.png
571.png
567.png
614.png
623.png

Reasons

Emboar - Starter, and I like the Fire Type Starters
Floatzel - One of my favorite Pokemon, you do realize your team doesn't have to be all Generation5 Pokemon, right?
Zoroark - I'll be getting it from the Event, and it seems pretty cool, so I want to use it.
Archeops - Very interesting Pokemon, and I need a flying type
Beartic - Haven't really been using an Ice Type, so this one seems pretty good
Golurk - I really like this Pokemon, and I haven't really used Ghost Types, either.

LeviNifty

does anyone have a good plan for a vanilluxe moveset? I got hail and ice beam/blizzard, but the movepool is shallow but I still need ice attacks pre-ice beam tm

Vanilluxe could be good tank with both its defense and sp defense being above average and it also learns taunt and acid armor along with hail which means it gets a health boost regularly and then use the last move for something like ice beam or blizzard

TerraWolf

Banned
Right now I'm playing the dirty R word, but my team so far is:

Dewott
Gothitelle's first form
Tranquil
Scraggy
Simisear
Leavanny

More details:
Dewott is a really good Pokémon but he's not getting much action. His main moves are Scald and Shell Blade. Took out 2/3 in Clay's gym.
Gothitelle's first form is doing pretty good despite being a newer member. Gotten some good battles. She'll mostly get wild battles for training. Good help against the Fighting E4.
Tranquil is surprisingly doing very well with his few moves. Not going to be much help in the future.
Scraggy is beastly. He destroys everything.
Simisear just sucked getting to level 22. You have to be committed if you want Bursting Flame.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I've decided I'm going to try and train all of the pokemon I like, not just 6 for my team. I got the idea from my first file on platinum.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Vanilluxe could be good tank with both its defense and sp defense being above average and it also learns taunt and acid armor along with hail which means it gets a health boost regularly and then use the last move for something like ice beam or blizzard

Vanilluxe is not gonna be 'tanking' very much as an Ice-type with one resistance. Though, Acid Armor does help. For mine I'm probably using Ice Shard, Ice Beam/Blizzard, Acid Armor, Flash Cannon. Hail doesn't really do enough to warrant a moveslot unless something else on your team is benefitting from it as well (which doesn't really apply to any other Unovan Pokemon).

Vanillite learns Ice Beam at the same level it evolves, anyhow. So you'll be set for that.

oriclion

oldschool breeder(l)
10 days for black and white!!! I played the japanese version but I'm still that excited!!! I think I'll make my team on the go!

Status
Not open for further replies.