1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What is "Wrong" with Homosexuality?

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by Alleviate, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleviate

Alleviate Banned

EDIT: Original Title
    changed to
    changed to
    even though this thread never had anything to do with gay marriage.

EDIT: Thread title restored.
    EDIT: Changed to
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

Don't say "nothing".
    Before you cite the other definitions and say they don't apply it doesn't matter because that's not how definitions work.

Steve Nash has free throws on lock. If he misses one to lose a game thousands of basketball fans everywhere will scream that it's a fluke.
    He misses almost 1 in 10 free throws. 1 in 10 of these free throws is flawed. One of them is wrong.

As a generous estimate 1 in 27 people some how wind up desiring their own sex or mangling their bodies. 1 in 27 humans are then flawed. One of them is wrong.

Only 1 in 27.

That leaves two theories:
    a.) LGBT's are bungled in the brain
    b.) LGBT's are bungled physically

One could either claim that due to bad formative experiences or mental trauma they wound up desiring their own sex.
    Homosexuals can then be said to have "brain damage". Either something is wrong with them psychologically or physically.
    1 in 27.

Another option is genetics, in which case the gene is either sex-linked
    (demonstrably false), or a phenotypic trait
    which makes slightly more sense (explains bisexuality)
    Ouch.
    One could also conclude that each gay individual has a malformed gland or gene that controls a normal sex drive. Perhaps a faulty chromosome. Faulty chromosome, hmmm, sounds like something I know of called Down syndrome.

YOU BE THE JUDGE

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. Sasholon

Sasholon Well-Known Member

Im just curious as to why this forum has so many threads about gays.

3. Alleviate

Alleviate Banned

I decided to take it upon myself to finally make a good one. From the other perspective nonetheless.

4. BarkingRat

BarkingRat 'Sup.

So you're basically proffering the idea that homosexuals are damaged in some way. Now what?

5. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Nothing is wrong with gay people, nya~

6. Willow's Tara

Willow's Tara The Bewitched

One word. Nothing.

And who are you or anyone else for that matter to decide something is unusual? Unnatural? No one really can go around saying that unless it's really unnatural like something that only just started and is not the norm, not something that has been present for hundreds of years, far as long as straight people have able to fall in love with each other, the day that humans were capable of love, that's when it became.

7. Alleviate

Alleviate Banned

You two must be bad with the dictionary. Also do not get anxious, limit yourself to words present in the OP. Why is 'nothing' wrong with them? Seems impossible.

8. lugia p

lugia p zekrom trainer

LOL "mentel tramua" WOW "brain damage" AWSOME. You are plain rude. Its natural, acting on it is a whole other story.

9. Sadib

Sadib Time Lord Victorious

You're not doing a good job of it.

I would ask, "What's wrong with you?" but I already know what it is. You're 9. You posted that on my wall, but I deleted that because I thought you finally got banned, but you were only temporarily suspended. It looks like that problem might soon be alleviated.

10. Willow's Tara

Willow's Tara The Bewitched

Nowhere does the Dictionary even reference homosexuality in your post, nor do I really care because there is nothing wrong with it. Otherwise then there is something wrong with heterosexuality, and then we might as well back it up to the word Love, there must be something wrong with every single person on the planet who falls in love then.

11. dragontamer98

dragontamer98 Modern Genocide

There is absolutely nothing wrong with gay people. Its completely natural, and its a life decision the way I'm seeing things. It has nothing to do with "brain damage".

12. Beyond Sky

Beyond Sky Under the weather

Well what do you want us to say? Gay people are mental? If you're going to troll, at least make it entertaining.

13. .TraX.

.TraX. Bad and Nationwide

"4. not proper or usual; not in accordance with requirements or recommended practice: the wrong way to hold a golf club. "

Sexual orientation is not golf, what two consenting adults do is their own business and there is no "correct" practice beyond that.

14. M4zz

M4zz Banned

What's right with Gay people?

All jokes aside, there is nothing wrong with gay people. In fact, the word gay shouldn't even apply. It's real definition is merry or joyous. The punks of the late 20th century and 21 century have just discombobulated the word into an offensive word towards a group in society.

Odds are, there's something wrong with those that cannot accept the hmomsexual society, namely in North America, where most of the discrimination occurs. It's a way of life for some people. If a human's goals are to be sucessful in life, how must sexuality determine this?

/closethread

15. murkrowrob

murkrowrob Yamask Hugger x_x

Nothing.

There is no such thing as normality in humans. Sexual reproduction allows for variation. Variation is good in a species.

You could also say "What is wrong with tall/short/brunette/blonde/ginger/white/black people?" Just because someone possesses a trait or aspect of their personality which differs with the majority of the population doesn't mean that something is wrong with them.

If you knew anything about genes you'd know that only males have a Y chromosome. Explain lesbians to me then.

Please find a hobby that isn't attempting to prove anyone LGBT is unnatural.

16. Not all definitions need to be applied to this if you want to apply your original logic.

If someone holds a golf club in the "wrong" manner, they could still end up playing Golf successfully. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are flawed.

Likewise, if a man has sex with other men, then ok, according to that definition (which is, let's be honest, very if ever used in that context you highlighted) he is wrong in that he is not (strictly) normal. Though this is not to say that this is a flaw. Wrong in this case is simply being substituted for different.

17. The Red Thunder

The Red Thunder Backwards thinking?

Listen, I don't care if you don't wanna see it, but there is nothing wrong with people who have a homosexual preference. They're still human, and the more you act like they're "broken" or "wrong", the less it makes me think that you are human.

Grow. Up.

18. George~©

George~© All Gravy

I read the title and lol'ed.

No nothing is wrong with gay people. Its a genetic and everyone is different genetically. We're all 'wrong' if you think about it.

19. TheEpicGoomba

TheEpicGoomba Me Gusta

Nothing. There is nothing wrong being in love with someone of the same sex. They're still Human and they aren't doing anything wrong.

20. RiotFire

RiotFire Well-Known Member

One in ten people are left handed.... by your logic, does that make them damaged also?
    As a gay person in a long term relationship of seven years, I do find all these threads about how "wrong" my existence is ever so tiresome... why not use this energy to actually search for your own reason to exist in life rather than choosing to condemn minority groups and the lives they lead...

Gay people aren't just people on tv, magazines or playground insults... we are actual people, funny enough, who have families, go to school and work, live and experience life just like any other person... and yet somehow are forever having to justify ourselves and our reasons for living continuously to ignorant close-minded people who somehow believe they are superior just because they can get some drunk gir knocked up at a house party and spend the rest of their life sponging off the taxes the rest of us pay!

Do me a favour and post a definition as to why YOU exist!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.