• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is "Wrong" with Homosexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomspot555

[BEGIN mattj]

But this specific conversation, so far, hasn't included many.

Your opinion.

Mathematics, Physics, Sciences, History, there are a lot of facts to be discussed there.

Your opinion

But human attraction? Emotion? Morality? Unless you're discussing the measurable effects of pheromones, or patterns of genetic mutations, you're probably discussing opinions.

That's your opinion.

And until you accept that, you'll never understand anything other than your own personal opinions.

That's your opinion.

[/end mattj]

See what I did there????

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
[BEGIN mattj]

Your opinion.

Your opinion

That's your opinion.

That's your opinion.

[/end mattj]

See what I did there????

You should have said "that's opinion, not fact" and it would have been perfect :D

If you ask me, there really is no good reason for banning gay marriage other than religious reasons. It's so ridiculous how prejudiced some people can be :p

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
Lol. Facts do exist. But this specific conversation, so far, hasn't included many. Mathematics, Physics, Sciences, History, there are a lot of facts to be discussed there. But human attraction? Emotion? Morality? Unless you're discussing the measurable effects of pheromones, or patterns of genetic mutations, you're probably discussing opinions. And until you accept that, you'll never understand anything other than your own personal opinions.

[edit]
AHAHAHAHA MY POST COUNT IS 1337

Just for fun. MATHEMATICS Mariage = 1+1

Physics Nothing travels faster then the speed of love (IDK)

Science The birds do it the bees do it, even gorillas do it. And you and me baby aint nothing but mamalls so lets do it like they do it on the discovery chanell

History... The Spartans would like to have a word with you.
In fact even acording to your bible same sex marriages have been around forever. Sodom and Gohmorah, Ruth, King David and Jonathon. Is this enough facts?

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Oh, Lord, we changed thread titles again, not that we were really talking about gay marriage (I was though)...

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
Oh look, someone finally took my advice and took the bias out of the thread title.
AHAHAHAHA MY POST COUNT IS 1337
I don't know why you're so ecstatic about your post count. I understand that 1337 kind of looks like "leet" which sounds like elite. That still doesn't make 1337 a special number. If you think it is special, then you should keep your post count at that number.

KuroiMawile

Oh look, someone finally took my advice and took the bias out of the thread title.
I don't know why you're so ecstatic about your post count. I understand that 1337 kind of looks like "leet" which sounds like elite. That still doesn't make 1337 a special number. If you think it is special, then you should keep your post count at that number.

I don't know, Circle Debate seemed pretty accurate.

(also, why point out someone's joy of a certain number in such an angry way? 1337 can be a special number to him, can't it?)

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
Hetrosexuality is more wrong then homosexuality anyway. In all cultures, sociotys and reigions Homosexuality has been the norm with Hetrosexuality only used for breeding purposes. In the bible David had took Jonothan as his first wife. Spartains were known to sleep together before huge battles. In the temple of Dionisis there were huge orgys where men slept with men and women. So again why is wrong with Hetrosexuals? :)P

Profesco

gone gently
Oh, absolutely yes. I wasn't arguing that homosexuality is wrong because it's similar to pedophilia, or anything of that nature. I was arguing that:
1) The genetic argument doesn't hold water.
2) The harm argument doesn't hold water.

I must have missed where these points were established.

Re. the genetic argument: Do you mean that, even if homosexuality is entirely genetically determined, it's not a valid argument about the moral standing of homosexuality? That's accurate. The argument from genetics is a version of the argument from nature.

Re. the harm argument: What do you mean here?

Cruxis

Banned
i aint gonna lie, im a homophobe. i guess it just has a lot to do with how i was brought up, where i come from theyd basically kill you if you were gay. and the same goes to when i was growing up in school, "gay" was always used as an insult and as ridicule.

im not a person who will say no to gay marriage, or gay couples. i dont care. if two gay people want to get married, thats not my ****ing business, it doesnt bother me. i have more important things to worry about in my life than if a couple of dudes wanna get married. if theyre happy together, then good for them, let them be happy, i have no right to interfere with somebody elses happiness.

but, what bothers me is when a flamboyant gay is up in my face, and flaunting the fact that hes gay. that just bothers me, why? i dont ****en know. it just does. a man is not supposed to dress up as a woman or act as a woman. dont tell me that **** is normal, there are no possible ****ing words you can use to convince me that its normal for a man to act or think like a woman. that **** aint normal.

gay people that i have absolutely no problem with are people like neil patrick harris, who are modest and reserved about it. they dont flaunt it in my face, and thats when im cool with it.

just my opinion though

Hetrosexuality is more wrong then homosexuality anyway. In all cultures, sociotys and reigions Homosexuality has been the norm with Hetrosexuality only used for breeding purposes. In the bible David had took Jonothan as his first wife. Spartains were known to sleep together before huge battles. In the temple of Dionisis there were huge orgys where men slept with men and women. So again why is wrong with Hetrosexuals? :)P
With all due respect, Jonathan was not David's first wife. That's completely baseless.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
With all due respect, Jonathan was not David's first wife. That's completely baseless.

Not really but let me ask you this. Is it true that saul moved David in right after talking about davids and Jonathons freindship and then later when David marrys sauls daught does saul say that he is "Again your father" Maybe I am paranoid but that is what I read.

SwiftSoul

Kinkmeister General
and the line (roughly), where it was stated that the love they shared was greater than that of women. As men and women hardly had platonic relationships back then, the comparison has to be in a more intimate way. Platonic does not compare with intimate, so if the relationship was platonic, it would have no base being compared to a more intimate connection. That would be like saying 2 > fish

Profesco

gone gently
Hey, the connection between two guys in the Bible might be tangential to this debate (very thinly), but could you guys take that conversation to VM or something? It's a little distracting.

Nyan Cat

Wet Dreams.
Gay marriage has been legalized where I come from and i strongly support it.
I believe that Christians who find this offensive should do what they do best and: "turn the other cheek." Why? Because the impact of male or female counterparts being bound together for life is minimal to none. Hence it should not be a problem.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
(What is VM) Anyway the largest argument against homosexuality in the united states comes from the Christian right. If I can provide evidence that the greatest king besides Jesus was at least curious and god called him a man after his own heart, then i can provide evidence that hetrosexuality is at least equal to Homosexuality in the bible.
But if you want me to quite I will respect your authority.

Profesco

gone gently
All this topic asks is that we share our opinions, and by extension, our morals.

No. Oh no, no. Emphatically no. We do not ask for your opinions here. We ask for your reasons, your justifications, your proofs. Opinions will not fly, and you can confirm that by reading the Debate Moderation sticky. You can share them, but you'd better have a rational defense following them up. If you believe this conversation can be composed of nothing but opinions, you're not contributing anything meaningful as much as you are wasting everyone's time.

Nyan Cat

Wet Dreams.
My apologies. Statistically, subjects such as these tend to be effected by ones opinion. Generally your stance on the matter would be your original argument. Then basing off of that you would follow up by finding proof to back up your statements.
That being said, me and majority of the Canadian government find there to be nothing "wrong" with being gay. The proof being the legalization of gay marriage in most of our provinces.

Status
Not open for further replies.