• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is "Wrong" with Homosexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Whatever, if I was gonna go to hell simply for loving somebody that society didn't want me to love, then it's better to reign in hell than ruin in heaven.
I think that society is more or less against it for the sexual reasons, not the mere state of loving someone. But don't quote me on that.

Which actually makes me curious as to whether or not people are against chaste homosexual relationships.

~Chibi~

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
Actually I posted that on MY wall not yours.
Making a real debate thread isn't goigng to get me permabanned. Learn the rules dude.
First of all, it was MY wall. Second of all, this is not a real debate. I don't care if you think it is.

Can someone explain to me why this thread is still alive?

Last edited:

Geekachu

And if super-God-in-the-sky wished for homosexuality to not exist, then I guess he wouldn't have created homosexuality that's been documented in around 1500 of his wonderful creations

I consider myself kinda Christian (not 100% yet) but the Bible says that it's wrong. This is from a religious standpoint. Now take it from a non religious standpoint: is it wrong?

Isn't that a bit stupid. I mean, an omnibenevolent God shouldn't be hatin' on things he himself has created.

Anyway, Alleviate, at first I thought you wouldn't be able to top your justification for the Nazi's regimes, but this is quite a strong contender.

Aztec_Blaziken

Back to WiFi Battles
Nope, absolutely nothing is wrong with people who fall in love........ with the opposite gender. I don't know your religion, but if you're a christian, it's against the bible..........

I'm not saying that L's or G's bother me, but there is something wrong with them for them to make that decision

It isnt even a decision.
Did you choose to be straight?
i highly doubt it.

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
Absolutely nothing. Are gay people not human? My ex GF was bi. Not a problem - she was human. I'm not hating at haters, I'm just putting my view forward before anyone thinks I'm attacking them.

BIGJRA

Catchin' Em All
God, why the **** do all you hate on gays?? Theres a ****in 15+ threads on them. You haterz should get lives. And yeah, im straight...

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
Besides, God made us this way, so there is nothing wrong.

Many people would beg to differ.

Gayness is still being disputed on whether it is a gene or a trait gained by going through life. Sometimes, I think it can be either of the above options.

Alli

Many people would beg to differ.

Gayness is still being disputed on whether it is a gene or a trait gained by going through life. Sometimes, I think it can be either of the above options.

But if it being gained through life was a reasonable reason to be bashing homosexuals, then one have all the reason in the world to be hating people for being anything they chose. I could say that being Christian is wrong, and hate and try to make it illegal or restrict the rights for all Christians because they chose so, but that would just make me a narrow-minded idiot. Same goes for bashing on homosexuals because of whom they love or have sex with whether it is a choice or not!

I'm not claiming that you were saying anything against homosexuals, but your post made me reflect on the matter.

Electric

And if super-God-in-the-sky wished for homosexuality to not exist, then I guess he wouldn't have created homosexuality that's been documented in around 1500 of his wonderful creations

He didn't create it, humans started doing it as a result of sinning. God doesn't want us to do drugs but that's not God's fault, that's the people who do it because humans "discovered" and created drugs and it is now a popular sinning activity today.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
They may what's considered "normal," but what is normal anyway? Normal is different to everyone. I can imagine homosexuals look at themselves and other homosexual individuals as "normal," and the heterosexuals as "wrong," "different," or "abnormal." Not to say that they should be thinking that, because no one is "wrong," "different," or "abnormal," but like I said, everyone's view of "normal" is different.

I don't believe in normal. I do believe there is a "norm" in every society, meaning that the more common occurrence would be whatever that "nor is.

Homosexuals are human beings, with the same dreams, wishes, desires as anyone else. The only difference is their preference in who they'd like to have an intimate relationship with.

I'll say this a million times before my death: Who. Cares. If there's a man out there who is making love to another man, or holding his hand while they shop for groceries, or kissing him goodbye before work, it DOES NOT affect you.

But I won't rant. It seems that the topic is more on "what's wrong with them" than "if it's wrong." Sure, there might be some sort of difference in the brain, chromosomes, whatever, I'm not a brain surgeon, doctor, or scientist, but it's not brain damage or some sort of problem with them. They are humans, and who they want to have a relationship with does not matter. It's not wrong, it's not bad, it's not damaging, and it's not abnormal. Out of the norm in most societies, yes, but I would never say that it's abnormal or that there is something wrong with them.

The only way you could say that it's a hindrance, would be that they cannot reproduce with their partner, and will for a long time (until the day that society finally gets over themselves and accepts it) be shunned and looked at as "wrong," "different," and "abnormal" as you do.

He didn't create it, humans started doing it as a result of sinning. God doesn't want us to do drugs but that's not God's fault, that's the people who do it because humans "discovered" and created drugs and it is now a popular sinning activity today.

And yet we find that many other species do it as well. I don't see any Props about how dogs aren't allowed to be mating with the same sex.

Chris-kun

i still believe
I think that society is more or less against it for the sexual reasons, not the mere state of loving someone. But don't quote me on that.

Which actually makes me curious as to whether or not people are against chaste homosexual relationships.

~Chibi~

What two consenting adults do in the bedroom should be no one's business but their own. Whether they have sex or not is none of society's damn business. It's the same for heterosexual people.

Yep, they are genetically defective. We were given sex organs for a reason.

BUT I don't hate them just replying to the thread. Don't get it twisted.

Genetically defective? This idea doesn't make a lot of rational sense. And the "reason" we have sex organs you're getting at is reproduction, which means anything except vaginal intercourse during a woman's fertile time is "genetically defective," whether you're gay or straight.

Chris-kun

i still believe
But the Bible and God's word says that it's wrong, what do you want me to do about it?

Talk rational sense? Think with your own brain instead of a book written by men who died thousands of years ago?

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, believing the bibles laws is well and good, but you can't pick and chose which ones you think work and which ones don't. If you're going to use the bible to condemn homosexuality, you must also condemn everything else the bible condemns.

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
My one statement regarding gay people and religion:

If (G/g)od hates gays, why not zap them with lightning or something? They'd still go to hell, but he'd be rid of them on his land faster. It makes perfect sense.

Except he doesn't, so (if he exists, but that's a different debate) he clearly doesn't care.

As for why they exist, I can't say, but I doubt it's because they're "damaged", more like "different".

I'll say this a million times before my death: Who. Cares. If there's a man out there who is making love to another man, or holding his hand while they shop for groceries, or kissing him goodbye before work, it DOES NOT affect you.

Thank you. Anyone who doesn't see logic in this shouldn't be on the debate forums.

Personally, I don 't care. If your gay, I don't care. If your straight, who cares? If you are left-handed? So what. IT DOESN'T MATTER./thread

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
I believe being gay is a sin because that's what God says, but I still think it's wrong for you to bash on them just because they're gay. We all have flaws. No one is perfect. We are supposed to love anyone, wether gay or not. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean there's something psychologically wrong with them.

Geekachu

Now this is silly. Drugs are man made, homosexuality is 'God' made, and you need to accept that.

Many scientists have concluded that homosexuality is a normal and positive variation in sexual orientation, and such an orientation that's been documented in around 1500 species on Earth.

It's only thought as sinful because a 2000 year old book from your hypocritical religion informs you to believe that.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
God says homosexuality is a sin because men and woman were meant to be together. You don't have to agree, that's just what I think. It's not like I hate people who are gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.