• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is "Wrong" with Homosexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
God says homosexuality is a sin because men and woman were meant to be together. You don't have to agree, that's just what I think. It's not like I hate people who are gay.

But it's not a decision (that's what I think), so they're being punished for being born?

No offense, but that's how it sounds to me.

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
God, why the **** do all you hate on gays?? Theres a ****in 15+ threads on them. You haterz should get lives. And yeah, im straight...

You're post isn't contributing to the thread. Your argument is invalid. (Not to mention half of the people here aren't hating on them. -_-)

Nope, absolutely nothing is wrong with people who fall in love........ with the opposite gender. I don't know your religion, but if you're a christian, it's against the bible..........

I'm not saying that L's or G's bother me, but there is something wrong with them for them to make that decision

This post and any other post talking about what the bible has to say about this matter makes me LOL. I don't give a f$@% what the bible says, and if that hurts me negatively then good. If these people were problems (Which I don't believe), God shouldn't have made them.

I don't think there's anything wrong with gay people. They are like me and other people. I don't like how there are some gays who are over the top about being gay (ex: Chris Crocker)

Last edited by a moderator:

Electric

I just realized something.

What's wrong with gay people?

Well it's wrong according to Christianity, but Christianity is actually growing extinct. Less and less people care and more and more homosexuals are entering society. In the year 2050, the answer to the above question will probably be no. Today in 2011, there's a huge argument over it because it's not normal. It never was normal in society and something huge like this being introduced creates fighting. That's all I'm going to say, maybe you Christian haters will be happy in 2050.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
Well, if you want to go into why we have sin the second we're born and all deserve to go to Hell thing, it's because Adam and Eve were tempted into sinning by the Devil and sin entered the world and now all things other than God are imperfect. That's why there's Jesus, but to the other thing. Homosexuality is a cause of sinful desire, wether you resist it or not is up to you. That's what I believe. Now who says we should stop arguing and go get some pie?! It's pumpkin, *Weird smiley face*.

Chris-kun

i still believe
It's only thought as sinful because a 2000 year old book from your hypocritical religion informs you to believe that.

Lol, a book written by humans that everyone likes to believe is the word of God. -_-

/endbashonreligionnow

These words are rather useless to be honest. The bible is, at its core, a book of laws and regulations for how life was supposed to be lived... Thousands of years ago. They were applicable to that society, the idea of homosexuality being wrong made sense. With the amount of children that actually survived to adulthood, homosexuality couldn't be afforded in order to maintain a stable population.

However, times change and the laws of necessity need to be changed. We live now in an era of overpopulation, it is no longer a problem to be homosexual because the need to reproduce is nowhere near as strong as it was thousands of years ago.

Basically, the passage on homosexuality, much like the passage on slavery or shellfish is completely unnecessary for today's society. Much like those two passages it should be omitted as well.

Aztec_Blaziken

Back to WiFi Battles
But it's not a decision (that's what I think), so they're being punished for being born?

No offense, but that's how it sounds to me.

That's how it sounded to me too :p
And does the book even say why it's a sin to be gay?

Well, if you want to go into why we have sin the second we're born and all deserve to go to Hell thing, it's because Adam and Eve were tempted into sinning by the Devil and sin entered the world and now all things other than God are imperfect. That's why there's Jesus, but to the other thing. Homosexuality is a cause of sinful desire, wether you resist it or not is up to you. That's what I believe. Now who says we should stop arguing and go get some pie?! It's pumpkin, *Weird smiley face*.

I was brought up on those beliefs as well. That's why, I can never be gay or ever come close to being gay. It's the judgment I'm worried about (and no I'm not gay)

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!

So ... you're just reciting random crap from the Bible. /clap

If homosexuality is "a cause of sinful desire" and you're claiming we must resist it, how come we aren't all feeling these "desires?" You are saying it as if everyone is being pulled into becoming homosexual, which is not true. There are people who would never have any desire for the same sex whatsoever.

I was brought up on those beliefs as well. That's why, I can never be gay or ever come close to being gay. It's the judgment I'm worried about (and no I'm not gay)

If you were going to be homosexual, you would be. Religion isn't going to stop you from being that way, it would only prevent you from admitting it.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I'm not Christian brah, so I really don't care what the Bible says (I'm not gay however).

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
There are also people who would never think of stealing, murdering, cheating on their spouse, etc. All of these are sins, but just because you don't give in to one sin doesn't mean you won't give in to another. For example, I don't steal, which is a sin, but I lie and cuss alot, which are both sins.

If you were going to be homosexual, you would be. Religion isn't going to stop you from being that way, it would only prevent you from admitting it.

Curious, maybeee, gay... no.

Weird thing, when I was in school, people thought I was gay because there was this friend of mine who always wanted to be around me. It got annoying.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
I always got that too.

Geekachu

These words are rather useless to be honest. The bible is, at its core, a book of laws and regulations for how life was supposed to be lived... Thousands of years ago. They were applicable to that society, the idea of homosexuality being wrong made sense. With the amount of children that actually survived to adulthood, homosexuality couldn't be afforded in order to maintain a stable population.

However, times change and the laws of necessity need to be changed. We live now in an era of overpopulation, it is no longer a problem to be homosexual because the need to reproduce is nowhere near as strong as it was thousands of years ago.

Basically, the passage on homosexuality, much like the passage on slavery or shellfish is completely unnecessary for today's society. Much like those two passages it should be omitted as well.

This essentially encapsulates what we were saying, really.

However teachings on homosexuality aren't exactly the only outdated things in the bible. Whilst some precepts expressed are good moral teachings, a lot of it is rubbish in the context of modern society to be honest.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Here's the truth: nothing. What if a gay person stumbled upon this thread right now. Do you think they would be very happy?

Meh, I've heard worse insults and I've seen better arguments. I like to think that gay people are saving the world from over population.

Am I the only one amazed by how many gay people play pokemon?

Female Mr. Mime is practically a member of the LGBT community. Gotta support 'em all.

“You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination” (Leviticus 18:22; see also Leviticus 20:13).

As long as we don't 'lie' it's ok. Standing up sex then?

The mods chose a terrible time to sleep.

Sup.

wrong just means against the normal and accepted.

100 years ago it was wrong and unacceptable to be Black.

Times change.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Curious, maybeee, gay... no.

Weird thing, when I was in school, people thought I was gay because there was this friend of mine who always wanted to be around me. It got annoying.

I'll say it again, if you were going to be homosexual, you would be homosexual. No religion or opinion is going to stop you from being that. It would only discourage you from admitting to it.

ForeverFlame

Deuteronomy 23:1. If a man's testicles are crushed or his penis is cut off, he may not be admitted to the assembly of the LORD.

God says that you're going to go to Hell if you lose your penis or testicles, no matter how it happens. What do you want me to do about it?

Deuteronomy 23:2. No one of illegitimate birth shall enter the assembly of the LORD; none of his descendants, even to the tenth generation, shall enter the assembly of the LORD.

Your parents weren't married when you were born? Looks like you're going to Hell too. At least your children and grandchildren will get to join you. ^^

Alleviate

Banned
Wait, wait, wait. I'm pretty sure sexuality would count as phenotypic, since that encompasses all expressed traits that can be observed, physical or not. Observable doesn't just mean visible, it can apply to behavior as well (though it's still not an exact comparison since there are so many factors in sexuality. Its closest comparison would probably be personality traits.)

(Yeah, I know you're not actually looking for a debate, but I felt it needed pointing out.)

~Chibi~

'Gayness' isn't in the human genome though.
So either you have a ****ed up straight gene or you have nothing.

Also I'm pretty sure it isn't against the rules to post a legitimate thread from an unpopular viewpoint.

God says that you're going to go to Hell if you lose your penis or testicles, no matter how it happens. What do you want me to do about it?

Your parents weren't married when you were born? Looks like you're going to Hell too. At least your children and grandchildren will get to join you. ^^
oh look old testament verses that do not apply in the slightest to a modern context (or in the way you are using them either).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.