• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is "Wrong" with Homosexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
That's why the younger generation are always better, because they are progressing forwards. I can't wait until those old racists of the past die out.
I wish I could be here when you are the "old racist" standing in the way of progress. That would just make me smile.

No offense Marioguy, honestly. It's just a vicious cycle. Today your new forward way of thinking is the IT thing. In 15-20 years, you'll be that old person who doesn't understand how things work.

SwiftSoul

Kinkmeister General
marioguy, I disagree with your statement. Older generations sometimes have harder times accepting change, this is true. My grandmother, lovable as she is, is a racist bigot at times, particularly about those who are black. But this is the South, after all. But although some of the older set are racist or bigoted does not mean they all are, nor does it mean that they are because they are older. It's a concept called a vocal minority. Combine that with popular culture's love of representing many of the older generation like Abraham Simpson or Hubert Farnsworth, and you get a stereotype just as offensive as the ones flying the other way. And racism =/= homophobia, either. My grandmother has shown no aversion to me since finding out I was gay, nor did she bat an eye at seeing my 40 year-old boyfriend. For the record, I am 19.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
marioguy, I disagree with your statement. Older generations sometimes have harder times accepting change, this is true. My grandmother, lovable as she is, is a racist bigot at times, particularly about those who are black. But this is the South, after all. But although some of the older set are racist or bigoted does not mean they all are, nor does it mean that they are because they are older. It's a concept called a vocal minority. Combine that with popular culture's love of representing many of the older generation like Abraham Simpson or Hubert Farnsworth, and you get a stereotype just as offensive as the ones flying the other way. And racism =/= homophobia, either. My grandmother has shown no aversion to me since finding out I was gay, nor did she bat an eye at seeing my 40 year-old boyfriend. For the record, I am 19.
Hubert Farnsworth may be an old man, but he's also from a different period. He won't even be born for over another 800 years. So you're grandmother has problem with you dating someone double your own age? That's pretty liberal for a racist. You can't use the south to justify her racism. That's a weak excuse.

I guess in the future there will be some hip new thing that I'll be against. It's hard to even wonder what that could be. Maybe people will want to reanimate corpses to make zombie servants or something.

I guess in the future there will be some hip new thing that I'll be against. It's hard to even wonder what that could be. Maybe people will want to reanimate corpses to make zombie servants or something.

robosexual marriage
[img139]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYlxQGQuUP7BO7Eq73qsyy5kk5CXoEsEhnumtnD_ZUojv5j3fnzQ[/img139]

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
The concept of humans dating robots on Futurama was originally drawing parallels to inter-racial marriage, but the second time it came up it was made into an extremely obvious allegory to gay marriage and gay rights in general and how there are always people who are against change.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
WHAT. this farce of a debate is still going? let it die, people.

Your actions match not your words. Your post asking for people to let this debate die supports it and keeps it alive. Think about the contradiction.

I'd like to see what our generation ends up griping about, too. Robosexual marriages unsettle me a little bit. I mean, does a robot really love or is it just its programming?

SwiftSoul

Kinkmeister General
As much as I agree, eleventy billionth HoKage, I must say that it is important for each side to be able to defend their beliefs in a structured environment.

marioguy, my point was that racism =/= homophobia. My grandmother does not like black people all that much, but she is fine with me dating a guy 21 years older than me. You basically said newer generations are always more understanding, but I've had more people in my own age group try to discourage the relationship than the ones I know from older generations. Also, on proposition infinity, which looks strangely like a sideways 8, it was an example that some anvils need to be dropped.

11DBHK

Banned
Your actions match not your words. Your post asking for people to let this debate die supports it and keeps it alive. Think about the contradiction.

I'd like to see what our generation ends up griping about, too. Robosexual marriages unsettle me a little bit. I mean, does a robot really love or is it just its programming?

when talk like yoda you do, make sense you do not.
my actions do match my words. it isn't asking to end the thread that is keeping it going, it's the people that keep posting in it despite the fact that
the argument that there is something wrong whith homosexuals and that it's some sort of a mental disease or something unfounded and the OP is clearly a biased A sshole.

Last edited:

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
when talk like yoda you do, make sense you do not.
my actions do match my words. it isn't asking to end the thread that is keeping it going, it's the people that keep posting in it despite the fact that
the argument that there is something wrong whith homosexuals and that it's some sort of a mental disease or something unfounded and the OP is clearly a biased A sshole.

Oh c'mon, I wasn't even trying to talk like Yoda. 'Your actions don't match your words.' Happy? Yeah I don't like the OP either, but its author seems to be permabanned, and since the only people who really want to talk about homosexuality are the ones who have a problem with it, it kind of makes sense to me at least that an anti-homosexual thread would be the representing thread for the subject. Plus, it actually helps us gay rights advocates because the OP is so obviously and horrifically foolish, and it's been there for so long. It's having a reverse psychological effect.

Power464646

The game
The following is the number of different reasons

PokemonLeagueChamp

Team Aero Leader
Why is this thread still around?
What's "wrong" is most likely a hormonal imbalance or an abnormal atypical chromosomal trait display. That is all.

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
You should be a philosipizer.

You should be perma-banned. But that's beside the point.

There's nothing wrong with being gay. The OP is a troll. Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.