• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your best Double Battle strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhys29

Encore
He's right... it would seem like two heavy hitters would be good since you can combo it, however it is riddled with weaknesses. Both suck against special attackers, and a mixape tears it apart in two turns. The Metagross/Gengar (or Spiritomb) combo is over played to an extent... and the fact that Gengar can go down in one shot from a Weavile or Alakazam. Not too shabby tho, give Metagross Earthquake while you're at it and you should do fine (another nifty trick with this is to let Gengar use Destiny bond on sumthing that would pose a big problem like Shuckle, Dusknoir, or another wall/staller and then have Metagross kill it with Psychic. Not too conventional, but it works in a tight spot).

beoderro

Unactive :(
I actually don't have any strategy...I'm just attacking directly to opponent with both Pokemon, using raw power! c:)

Rhys29

Encore
We're looking for actual strategy here...

Plus attacking with raw power has you absolutely screwed against wall and staller combos.

Boomguy

Stat boosting isn't a good tatic in doubles unless they have 1 sleeping pokemon and the other is frozen.

zm_

Stat Boosting can work. Especially if you can sleep the bigger threat to your stat booster or use the move follow me.

Calm Mind from a Mixed Tank has worked wonders in my previous doubles matches.

Boomguy

Stat Boosting can work. Especially if you can sleep the bigger threat to your stat booster or use the move follow me.

Calm Mind from a Mixed Tank has worked wonders in my previous doubles matches.

hmm i'll need to take you on again then later some time tonite, but usaully people would use moves that will hit all pokemon in double battles.

Rain Dance teams are also annoying in double battles

mudkip master

Surf's up Mudkip
manaphy@ damp rock and
rest
rain dance
acid armor
heart swap

dewgong@???
rest
ice beam
???
???
sorry i don't rember much of dewgongs moves or item but dewgong was a sweeper

Rhys29

Encore
This is good, we're getting excellent tips here on how to base your teams. Yes, Boomguy has brought up one of the most effective ways to win a double battle: use a weather changing team. You can use something such as the commonly used Rain Dance combos to a Hail team. This allows both your pokemon to benefit from a single move, give you a huge advantage over your enemies. I do have a question now and am wondering if anyone here can help, I'm trying to use a Punchggron and am looking for a way to eliminate his x4 weakness to fighting (besides a chople berry). Does anyone have any suggestions?

zm_

Maybe transfer a skill swap from Rhyperior (solid rock) over to Aggron using a middle man such as Bronzong.

Rhys29

Encore
Maybe transfer a skill swap from Rhyperior (solid rock) over to Aggron using a middle man such as Bronzong.

I'm already using Claydol/Bronzong to switch out Punchggron's ability for Levitate so it doesn't take any damage from ground (then with Claydol i use Power Swap and Earthquake, lol!). I had thought of your idea already, but i realized that Earthquake is far more common than fighting moves all put together. My back up is to simply ignore it since the only two moves i really have to be worried about getting FRKO'd by is Aura Sphere and Focus Blast, since Focus Blast isn't too common either and Aura Sphere is only used by Lucario (and i take him out on round two since my Punchggron will be faster with Trick Room), so it's not a huge threat. I still have backups. Thanks for the idea tho.

Boomguy

This is good, we're getting excellent tips here on how to base your teams. Yes, Boomguy has brought up one of the most effective ways to win a double battle: use a weather changing team. You can use something such as the commonly used Rain Dance combos to a Hail team. This allows both your pokemon to benefit from a single move, give you a huge advantage over your enemies. I do have a question now and am wondering if anyone here can help, I'm trying to use a Punchggron and am looking for a way to eliminate his x4 weakness to fighting (besides a chople berry). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Easy use Follow Me from a Togekiss to stop those fighting moves hitting Aggron, there is no such fighting move to hit 2 pokemon at once.

I hate seeing a Surfing Swift Swimmer, Water Absorb combo. When i see those rain dance teams i make sure i have pokemon that can paralysis them

PsychicsRox

There are many strategies I've thought of but few that I've actually used because of my laziness. The best one I've used so far is the Water Absorb + Surf Combo.

Rhys29

Encore
Easy use Follow Me from a Togekiss to stop those fighting moves hitting Aggron, there is no such fighting move to hit 2 pokemon at once.

I hate seeing a Surfing Swift Swimmer, Water Absorb combo. When i see those rain dance teams i make sure i have pokemon that can paralysis them

oh, that is a smart move! I'm afraid that Togekiss would get take out quickly tho... I will save this stat. if I find the Punchggron to be useful (i already have a team up for rating, in ratings section). Thnx

Rhys29

Encore
There are many strategies I've thought of but few that I've actually used because of my laziness. The best one I've used so far is the Water Absorb + Surf Combo.

Worked to death. Course it works, so it's easy to see coming.

Metagross has bullet punch to deal with Weaville and to some extent Zam.

Feel dumb but don't know who Zam is. Good suggestion tho, I'll keep that in mind. I'm more worried about Lucario tho.

Boomguy

oh, that is a smart move! I'm afraid that Togekiss would get take out quickly tho... I will save this stat. if I find the Punchggron to be useful (i already have a team up for rating, in ratings section). Thnx

just pump up Togekiss def. Unfortunatly the only pokemon that can use follow me are normal types and Togekiss and Togetic is the only 1 that doesn't have a weakness to fighting

Zam is Alakazam

Rhys29

Encore
just pump up Togekiss def. Unfortunatly the only pokemon that can use follow me are normal types and Togekiss and Togetic is the only 1 that doesn't have a weakness to fighting

Zam is Alakazam

Yeah, and I just realized how good Togekiss is as a defender. Plus it can use Wish, so if it's really obvious they're gonna switch out to something that's gonna use one of the moves, I can prepare in advance (and i can team that up by giving Togekiss Leftovers and Punchggron Protect lol!)

Boomguy

i'll to see vids on how they gonna work out. Other than that your Aggron will only have a weakness to water which is really too common in double battles

Rhys29

Encore
He has thunderpunch, so he wipes the floor with Vaporeon, so I'm not too afraid of that. I have thought about that too tho. Thnx for the constant good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.